Home

brilliant idea !

jedi-redemption

I have had a brilliant idea. instead of forum members pressing k to duel, we should de-activate sabre and crouch. This way we would know if it was a forum member we were about to duel. just an idea but i think it is purely showing how confident and how good a jedi you are. it would be spectacular to start a fashion.

jedi-redemption

good idea..

i think that way to many ppl are not infact aware that ppl can actually duel..

8 out of 10 times i challenge a person, i just get sliced to pieces by them coz my saber's off to show my intention...

there ought to be an auto accept feature so you automaticly accept duels when asked, also i thinks that more than 2 ppl should be able to duel at the same time :cool:

just some thought by an otherwise happy JKII gamer :D

I really only play on Duel mode. We have a very dramatic and theatrical community here... me included.

You ALWYA see people turn off their sabers and walk towards eachother, circle eachother, taunt eachother. They wait until the other makes the first move... then BAM! Both sabers drawn and the fight kicks off... its great.

I usually turn my saber off... walk towards them, crouch and look down. Looks like a bow. Its great!

LOL! That's exactly what I do Alfyboy! When ever I join a Duel Server or challenge someone to a Duel on a FFA server I always do the "dramatic entrance/intimidation factor" Cept today when I was on a FFA server on the map ffa_bespin the guy I challenged said "Screw you b*tch you take too long" and then he jumped off the platform/landing pad thing :(

Thats why I dont like about 70% of those FFA Q3-Frag-chumps that play on the FFa servers. They are just too impatient and have no honor in the ways of the saber all they want is to use the cheapest most easy to use weapon they can grab and whore it untill it's not considered leagal.

How about instead of doing a lil dance and a lightsaber show, we just say something that is bound to a key which everyone on the forms will know.

For example: "For the Honor!" or something like that.

I dunno... :confused:

Picture the scene.. two young Jedi Knights square up to eachother. They put their sabers away and bow to eachother... one of them utters the phrase that acknowledges them as one of the Jedi Council of JKII.net...

'I need a sh1t'

...george missed out big with that one ;)

Originally posted by ]CkB[Polaris

Ok, i'm an idiot. how do I deactivate the saber?

It's so obvious that you're going to kick yourself (I know *I* did afterward): JK2 comes with keys defined, by default, for the various weapons. The 1 key is the default lightsaber key. I wanted easier access to my force powers, so I mapped them to the number keys and the weapons to the F keys. In my case, then, the saber became F1. So if I want to deactivate the saber, I press F1. And there you go!

Archived