Home

Not real impressed with the Single player game

Guest Hellbinder

Navaros, maybe you are just a very slow and "special" person. I don't really remember the first puzzle you criticized in Cloud City, but the one in level 3 that you really whined about was VERY EASY to understand. First of all the pipe can easily be found when you watch the CAMERA that gives a VERY clear view of the cargo haulers entering the room and then the pipe extending IN ORDER TO RELEASE STEAM AND SMOKE OUT OF THE END. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, what could that mean????? Smoke?????? Why would smoke be coming out of the pipe??? [Navaros's "special" quick-to-assume mind: Must be nothing - part of the bad level design!!! Maybe I'll add this on the forum under a new category: Smoke appears for no reason!! Since I have no life I can think of these things endlessly until my death!!! YAY!!!!] Now if an averagely intelligent sentient were to notice the smoke being ejected from the extending pipe, he/she would infer that the smoke came from a heat source!!! This takes brain power. This is called COMMON SENSE. EVEN IF you didn't know that smoke comes from heat :rolleyes::confused: there is a nice, small room where you can view the process where the cargo hauler enters a small area, there is an alarm-like sound and the door slams shut and everything glows red. Now if you didn;t catch on what was happening YOU NEED SOME ****ING MENTAL HELP. As for getting toasted inside, it takes a little simple timing to go in right after the extended pipe goes back in. If you didn't want to get burned you use DETONATION PACKS. You throw two in, run out as fast as you can, and use the remote detonator to set off the packs. COMMON SENSE ONCE AGAIN. ****ING ****** like you really piss me off. All you do is ****ING criticize and try and make the game bad for others. You also called your opinions FACTS. WTF???? JUST STFU. Now I'm off to play more Jedi outcast because that game ROCKS. Now YOU Navaros should be off to get a life...:rolleyes:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hellbinder

So how do you review JK2 based on your opinion of a completely different game? You can't. So stop doing it. Wanna bash Q3? Go to a Q3 bashing forum and tell them all to suck goatballs. But you cannot say "JK2 sucks because it was built on the engine that powers Q3A". Thats utter bull**** and MDiaz is correct in his assesment of your smoking habits.

The reason is that Q3, looks like Q2, looks like, Q1, looks like JK2. It has nothing to do with the game aspecs of Q3, this is pretty obvious right?

The problem is level design for every other game on earth, except for 3 studios... id, raven, greymatter... (you do the math on that one) has moved way past Square room----hallway----Square room----hallway----Etc...Etc...Etc....

JK, and sith have vastly superior level design.

As Far as the game design issue goes, there would have been easy ways of having kyle start out full power, have something happen along the way, and have to slowley work his way back..

I can think of about 10 plots right now. I think the plot and story would have made a lot more sense that way.

The ATST is the ONLY model for a vehicle in the game. It makes me laugh that many of you conveniently forget the rest of the square blocky shuttle and ships in the hangers etc... throughout the ENTIRE rest of the game.

Will someone please tell me where there is a SINGLE scripted sequence in this game like Half-life? I just dont get how anyone can make that assertion.

To there credit so you guys dont think im just another flame junky.

-They did a nice job on a few areas making them feel really really huge.

-The jungle level is really really nice

-oh, i noticed in another thread that someone thinks the weapons are ripped straight from UT. That is totally funny because i told my friend that just yesterday LOL. The one that I think gets most people saying that is the almost EXACT copy of the Flack cannon. The gun model even looks similar to the flack cannon from origional unreal. This is not a flame though as i really LOVE the flack cannon.

Overall I did not hate the game, i was just let down by it. The MP is really fun, and I will probobly play through the single player game again.

Over all I give it 5-6/10 for SP and 7-8/10 for MP.

Navarros: For the first post-cold room puzzle you mentioned, you know how I beat that? I noticed the windows were shot open, took a quick look inside and saw the explosive "barrel". Tossed in a thermal, and it worked. I didn't have a problem there.

For your second problem, I also missed the security camera, but do you know how I figured it out? Logic. You're presented with the room that heats up and kills you, there's a fried droid in there to indicate that. Obviously, you can't stay in there: Point number 1. Next, the doorway into the halls where the mining shafts are is bigger then the entrance, indicating that you can travel through on top the mine carts (as you're obviously supposed to go into the heat room). You can watch these carts from a previous area: Point number 2. From those points, I think even you can tell that you have to get into the heat room, stop the heat, and ride the cart. Now, look inside the heat room. Notice the wide open area beneath it into which you can see the heat coils start up. That would indicate that's your goal, they show it to you pretty well without a giant green arrow that says "GO HERE!" Obviously, it's lower then you, now look around. If you decide to check the doors in the previous room, you'll see you can go outside onto a walkway. Why? There's no other goal out here? Maybe it has something to do with the heat puzzle. Take a look down (where you're trying to go) and you can see the area you need to reach. After experimenting how to get over there without dying, I saw the shaft extend. Jump on, and ride. Maybe thinking and taking a look around instead of complaining because not everything is labelled in giant letters "DO THIS", "GO HERE", "PRESS ME", would have helped your game a bit.

Hellbinder: Scripted sequences are abound. An immediate one that springs to mind is in the level I was just discussing, with the mine carts. When you travel towards the pipes to climb onto the structure, two scripted events happen. A meteor will fall and nearly hit you, missing by a couple feet (every time, I restarted that level quite a few times when messing around), and certain specific pipes will always explode and/or fall in the same manner when you approach/step on them. There were plenty of others, including Stormtrooper spawn rushes that occur at specific times after certain events are completed, but it wasn't as bad with them as RTCW was.

I didn't forget the other ship models, but many of them didn't do anything. The garbage carts in the level when you first get your lightsaber, with all the snipers (can't remember name), looked pretty blocky and bad, but the shuttles were nicely done (not as good as the AT-STs, but certainly not to warrant any criticism), and the X-Wings looked quite fine. No, not Rogue Leader quality, but still good. The TIE Fighters also looked damned good, I really liked those.

Now, this isn't to say the game is without problems. I damn near had a keyboard pounding fit in the lame ass cheapness that was protecting the R5 droid from the hallway of trip mines and five guards, as well as a couple other areas.

Darksider, and Darf..your last 2 posts say it all, Amen brothas. I have played many Star Wars Games, and this one by far takes the cake. The graphics are simply stunning, and with my Geeforce4 and everything cranked up, I can truly say god bless you Raven. The Graphics are so smooth I occasionaly have to take a break due to the headache I get from such seamless work. The only issue I have to gripe on is support for the newest detonator drivers. I am currently using those, and have noticed problems in Narshada (people tell me that the sky should be filled with Stars, and I only see pitch black) and on Doomgiver SPOLIER!!!

On the doomgiver, when I use the terminal to shoot the tie fighters, the space that they are flying in does not look like outerspace, its just a brownish color, lol.

Even that is minor though. I know I could fix it by rolling back the drivers, but I'll wait for the patch, and then play this kick ass game all over again. The thing that grabs my the most is that I feel like a jedi when playing the game. The controls and gameplay flow so well together that being able to use force push, pull, and all the others so easily makes you feel like you are indeed a jedi. A little side note, has anyone had the pleasure of killing some badies with force pull? How you say, easy... You need to have force pull @rank 3 and force jump @rank 3. Then jump as high as you can towards a group of enemies, and at the peak of your jump use force pull to pull them towards you. They fly up towards you, but they cant survive the fall, and they die. I about died laughing when I found this out by mistake. Anyway for those who don't like the game, stop playing it..... plain and simple. Personally if I did not like the game, I wouldn't be spending my time in that games forum saying how much it sucks, I would continue on with my life(assuming you have one) and not play the game ever again. For those who do like it, keep populating your ideas on this forum. A great community is what makes these games that much better. Oh...and one last thing for those out there perfecting their Jedi abilities........May the Force be With You!

After reading about 15 posts on this subject i've drawn to a conclusion.

1. Today people just want games where you go around and shoot and nothing more.

2. People are lazy because they find that puzzles make them think. (Um, guess you are not to bright in school)

3. And people these days give up WAY to easily.

Yeah you have to try parts over and over again. Thats whats fun about games, having to work hard and have to htink. JKII is the first game for a long time that i actually enjoy playing. I played RTCW, that held me for about a week and then i was like ehh. I played MOHAA, and that held me for like half a week adn then i was like ehh. There have been so many FPS with jsut run and gun i am sick of it. JKII provides a game with actual puzzles. Making you think where and how to use force powers. and ofcourse, the Lightsaber. Furthermore, people really need to give MP more credit then it has been given. MP is great, i love CTF. It rocks. THe only thing that i don't like is FFA Sabers, that just gets to crazy. I think people need to step back and realize that what we have today we shold be greatfull. I mean games have come a long way in the past decade. Remember 32 bit early 90's, the first Nintendo? Also, the Level designs in JKII were very Star Wars. Those of you who complain that the imperial bases have no architectual design. Um......think when was the Empire so intent on design. I remember all the Imperial bases and such as very boxy places. One level though they really could have done bettwer was Nar Shadda. And thats the only level IMO that they seemed to have rushed. It didn't seem like a city. Yeah JKII has its flaws but you people need to stop focusing on the flaws and focus on what makes it fun and then IT WILL BE FUN!

Kurgan:

How far have you gotten. Your view, to say the least, is unique. I've heard NOBODY complain about the guns, and I'm sorry that it ruined the game for you, I'd think you are a bit to much of a perfectionist; you try to come out of a battle with lots of ammo and full health, but it's not gonna happen. ;)

Also, the stormtrooper guns are supposed to be extremely non-accurate. That's why they can't shoot worth a damn.

The other guns I thought were accurate...

Nervanos or whatever the hell your name is: go away.

Just go away.

Stop reinstating what you have already said. The puzzles are hard, yes. NO need to cry out for attention and tell everybody this a hundred times in inane and senseless posts that don't give any advantages at all for reading them.

The graphics are great, in my opinion. Some of the maps, I thought at least, were truly fantastic in the way the scenerios and action sequences played out.

AI is brilliant.

If you are stuck on a puzzle because you can't figure it out, Chan helpfully posted a number of guides in the strategy forum. Use some incentive and use them if you are stuck, there's a good chap.

Like it or not, trolls, your outnumbered. Most of the people think this game kicks ass. But, it's always the trolls that are the most vocal. AND you don't make sense.

See the positives as well.

This is not directed at people like Kurgan and the first poster, who aren't here to cause senseless trouble.

lets attack everyone for having an opinion this way all the games in the world stay the same, and game developers can have my hard earned money for making a crappy title and slapping the lucas arts logo on it and make me fork it over, thanks george,(greedy bastard)

Originally posted by plfromden

OH AND BY THE WAY - those of you who are attacking, Taliban-like, Navaros's right to post here - look up your First Amendment and try to realize that attacking him for attacking the game is real low. AND ALSO it serves a VERY useful function for those considering buying the game to be able to read various points of view. [/b]

If you go to a Lakers home game and boo the Lakers and cheer for the other team, do you honestly expect Laker fans to not voice their opinions about you?

AFAIK Posting messages on a private moderated message board isn't a right, it's a privilige. It's something I've learned from being a mod on another messageboard.

Oh yeah....the first amendment :

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I'm sure Congress has lots of other important things to do right now instead of worry about what people say on a messageboard.

Originally posted by Hellbinder

1. The Endless Jumping that is required.

I must say, I never found this a problem. As for the puzzles... I guess I'm an Einstein since I never once took more than 2 mins to figure them out or what to do next. In fact, I would argue they were too simple.

2. The Quake engine.. Some development houses have taken the Q3:TA engine and Transformed it into a new creation.. Like 2015 and MOHAA. Raven, however has managed to take tke Star Wars universe and make it look just like Q3. Fantastic achievement, the blocky Q3 style square rooms with a coupple do-dadds thrown on the ceiling just DONT cut it for Star wars guys.. There where a few rooms I walked into that were so appaling that I had flashbacks to some of the origional square rooms i built back when i was learning to use Worldcraft.

Now I do kind of agree with you here. Don't get be wrong, I like the game, but alot of those environments were so blocky and with very limited features. Even the bar felt... bare. The vegetation, rain and fog in the swamp was neat, but that's the only level that seemed to really produce an immensly engrossing environment. Thinking about it, most of the areas were just huge square rooms with the odd tie-fighter in them. Although I loved driving the ATST, the map it used was probably the worst. Now I might need some enlightening here, but is this the Star Wars universe? I was hoping for some visits to bustling cities (the one you need jump around just ended up feeling like a Quake map), with breath taking buildings. I got the feeling "puzzle maps" (if I can call them that) were designed first and then dropped into the environments. I mean, come on... who on earth designs their communication array in the fashion of the Doomgivers? Puzzles are fun, but for me there are two elements that make a game great. Firstly is the complexity of gameplay involving role playing (e.g. Deus Ex's use of skills and equipment) and secondly are the environments. Deus Ex may have had poor graphics even in its day, but those locations were really well designed, and I actually felt I was running a military base or city. May be the mapping community will help us out here.

3. The Storyline....

Well you've got a problem... you can't really give your character all his/her abilities at the start, because that kind of ruins progression. The other solution is to focus on another character. When will we see an Imperial campaign?

But yes, as someone noted, the ability to use dark force skills, seemed really screwed (I tried to avoid them, but it was so much fun using grip to pick up troopers and throwing them high against structures). Ideally it'd be neat to see Kyle turn towards the Dark side the more and more he uses those skills, but I guess we're not at that stage of game development yet.

I will post my thoughts about this game, i think it exceeded my expectations. It was great.

I understand how some people might feel by some of those puzzels, i caught myself cursing at some of them. But was easily pleased when i passed them to see what would happen next in the game.

I guess my only gripe i could really say about the game is the absence of FMV like the previous JK. Also the beginning was kinda dull, was kind of hoping for a really awesome intro to the single-player game. Now that i think of it, the ending could have used a little more work too.

But still, Raven did a great job none the less.

Was glad to see this sequel and i hope they will do another in the future.

You started dying for no reason? Had no time to take down the 5 cylinders?

I completely agree with you that the pipes on that level were stupid. But once you got down in the room, which was directly below the "red room" which drained your hp and killed you, you claim that you started dying for "no reason". You also claim that it's impossible to destroy the 5 cylinders in time.

You couldn't figure out why you were dying? The red light didn't strike a chord?

I took out the 5 cylinders and brushed my teeth at the same time, never did I take damage down there.

I suppose you don't play many shooters. :eek:

Hellbinder - calling the level design in JO anything other then great is plain retarded.

My 10 year old son figured out the jumping puzzels!

And Nar Shadaar ( sp?) was one of the best built, interactive levels I've ever seen. The poly count was reasonable and frame rate was perfectly acceptable on a geforce2-mx with everything maxed.

Try doing ANYTHING that complex in Worldcraft - and keeping comparable polycounts.

BTW, what design house do you map for again?

I can deal with complaints about the story line and acting...but come on... griping about the level design? When you do better ( with ANY ENGINE ) then I'll perk my ears up again.

Well I have only one complaint about JK2. The lousy aim of the weapons. I have ben playing FPS type games for years and have never been so frustrated becuase of this. There were times when I was standing right in front of a ST and firing to no avail.

This lead to periods of having to repeat the same section over, and over , and over .... That wasnt fun.

I cant properly comment on the LS except to say that it is a nice change from most games where you only have progectile weapons. I am totally new to Star Wars games, so until my skills with the LS are better , I cant dis it. It was very intuitive to use, and responded well to my commands.

The force powers were very cool. These are another thing that adds more depth to this game. I always like games that deviate from the norm in some way. Games that try to give you something different than the standard FPS.

The graphics were awesome.It had a great mix of indoor and outdoor locals. NICE JOB WITH AN OLD ENGINE. And it played smooth on my machine.

The only part I got stuck on was the part were you had to jump down that shaft, with the fan at the bottom.

The lack of good aim was more difficult for me than the jumping or the puzzles.

Tweak the aim some, and I would give it a 9 out of 10(nothings perfect)

Originally posted by Navaros

Pixel-hunting --- here is a PERFECT EXAMPLE:

Level 3: You have to go outside after the big Storm Trooper ambush. I went outside, looked ALL over the place, found nothing. I thought I must need to go to another part of the level. So I spent about 6 hours wandering around the rest of the level, going back to the spot where you can go outside several times in case I missed something. Still saw nothing there.

The ONLY way I was able to figure out this so-called "puzzle" was to READ what was supposed to be done. Here is the solution:

Go outside and WAIT until you see a pipe extend. Stand in one spot, and stay there until a pipe extends, and this pipe is not visible at all UNTIL it extends.

How is an average gamer supposed to figure THAT out?

I went outside, looked at EVERY possible spot outside, and there was NOTHING there. But because I didn't think to randomly just stand at the exact spot where the game developers happened to put the invisible pipe and remain there for over 30 seconds, I never saw the pipe.

Does this require any thought? Is this good game design? No on both accounts. This is HORRIBLE game design. All it teaches you is that not only is this game a pixel-hunt, it's also a pixel-hunt where the pixels you need to see are not always visible to you unless you stand in one spot without moving for half a minute at some points in the game.

Note: there is NO clue AT ALL about this pipe that extends. To find it on your own would be pure freak accident.

As if that was not bad enough, once I found the pipe by reading about what needs to be done, I dropped to the pipe, and dropped lower. Then I relaxed in the tunnel below, happy to have finally reached a new area. I went to the start of the next room at the other end of the tunnel, and did a Quicksave. A few seconds later, I am DYING for no reason. My health is counting down from 100 to zero in less than 10 seconds, for NO LOGICAL REASON AT ALL. The only way to stop this from happening is to shoot 5 Red Cylinders in the room. But guess what? Unless you RANDOMLY MOVED THROUGH THE TUNNEL AS FAST AS POSSIBLE AS SOON AS YOU ENTERED IT, there is NO TIME to shoot all 5 Red Cylinders. You will die. If you happened to have saved or Quicksaved your game after entering the tunnel and not moving through it as fast as possible, you are screwed. There is no possible way to kill the Cylinders before you die.

Note: there is absolutely NO indication in the game at all that you will start dying in this room until it is too late to do anything about it. This is not a "puzzle". It require no thought. Just pixel-hunting, and freak luck. The fact that in this example, most Jedi Knight II players are going to ruin their saved games by being trapped with no possible way to reload that saved game and kill all the Cylinders before they die just goes to show the great extent that the Jedi Knight II has been botched during the development process.

I defy any of you to dispute these points. I have been extremely detaild and specific here, so if you dispute me, provide the same amount of detail.

Hi Navaros

My name is Katey and I'm 22 years old....my passion is ballet and music and I was first introduced to computer games when a friend of mine bought me Return to Castle Wolfenstein and I became hooked on it....I decided to give Jedi Knight 2 a try.

You mentioned about pixel-hunting...I'm no computer genius and I really dont attend cmoic book conventions and stuff but I have to admit..I had no problem finding these "puzzles" ....I kinda looked at the monitors and realized that there's gotta be a reason why I'm seeing a pipe being extended and such....also, i knew that the room when you go in the pipe could be dangerous cause u see that driod sparking when the room went red. I saw the red cylinders..noticed one was cracked and proceeded to shoot all 4 of them before the room went hot.

I never looked for help or hints...I just looked at the monitors and saw the hints.

It seems like you are a die hard star wars fan fantasizing about this game for years and you had impossible expectations for it....I don't know....I like the game (multi sucks compared to Return to Castle Wolfenstein) and I find it fun and neat...but what do I know??? I'm a girl :amidala:

bleh what is it with americans that every time they are told to shut up they have to pull out that first ammendment dealie , first of all not everyone is in america , and second these boards are PRIVATELY OWNED , even in america your first ammendment doesnt mean squat, if the owners/moderators wanted to they could close your threads because they dont like your avatar or your name and coming to the closest things to an official jk2 board lucasarts has and badmouthing the game they are trying to sell to make money , i mean it doesnt take a genius to work out whats going to happen

ITs totally ok to voice your opinion, that may be negative or positive. But. Theres a difference when you CONSTANTLY try to insult the gamers who like the game and trying to shove your ass riddin opinion into our (the gamers who like Jk2) minds.

Basically i totally disagree with the jump and puzzel crying. I've never had to reload a game more then 2-3 times. Pixelhunting? Omg. My opinion is that you are full of it and obviously *obsessed* with sharing your dislikes about Jk2 20+ times.

Theres no need to write a ****ing essay about the game. No game is perfect but JK2 is a good game. All those *flaws* you mention are not facts, they are based on your own opinions and taste. Even if you write a 100 pages+ essay about your problems with the game, it wont change a SINGLE THING. Do you get that?

What if JK2 wouldve been like the original Sof? Action only? Jumping was a part of DF and of JK as well. Maybe its time for an essay about people who are just lousy gamers and bitter people?

I have to agree that some of the earlier levels were a little disappointing. While they did have elements of the Star Wars universe in abundance, they seemed to lack the detail and, worst of all, depth that the Jedi Knight and MotS missions were filled with.

I read one recent post where the player applauded the game for its more intellectual approach rather than the "run-n-gun" stuff that was the norm four years ago. Yeah, they included puzzles, but all of the intelligence seems to have been used up there. Where were the regular citizens and civilian establishments? Restaraunts, living quarters, and similar stuff? Granted, not all of the levels allowed for such things, but places like Nar Shaddaa and Bespin should've been rich with such atmosphere. Instead, Raven cut some corners and the realism factor dropped and I ended up feeling like I was playing one of those Quake games where the levels are designed soley for running-and-gunning down the badguys that some of you seem to despise so much. :(

At least those "run-n-gun" games that the supposedly stupid, low-IQ, impatient as ever people like to play could make an environment seem real and balance out the realism/gameplay factors when designing a level.

What is a troll(in game forum terms).

This pixel hunt thing.?? Do you guys complaining, mean you didnt like the fact that you had to look for a particular button to push, instead of having it laid out for you.

In mohaa the objectives were litteraly pointed out for you. I didnt like that. Kind of an insult to my intellegence. I mean how hard is it to figure out which button to push.

Here here Fruitloop, I totally agree. The lack of atmosphere is what I miss most about JK2 compared with JK1. JK1 was brilliant in places because of interaction with civilians. Also, I think the level design of JK1 was far superior.

I am currently in Bespin, and must admit that I was wholeheartedly disappointed with Nar Shadaar. NS was one of my favourite areas in JK1; not so with JK2 - and there were WAy too many timed jumps in NS this time around :(

Oh well, I am still enjoying the game, but sadly I dont think the level design is quite as good this time around :(

P.S. Whoever said the first ammendment doesn't apply in here is CORRECT. Administrators of such boards DO NOT have to adhere to such principals.

Eternity:

How far have you gotten. Your view, to say the least, is unique. I've heard NOBODY complain about the guns, and I'm sorry that it ruined the game for you, I'd think you are a bit to much of a perfectionist; you try to come out of a battle with lots of ammo and full health, but it's not gonna happen.

Also, the stormtrooper guns are supposed to be extremely non-accurate. That's why they can't shoot worth a damn.

The other guns I thought were accurate...

I'm not a perfectionist, I pointed out what I thought was good about the game, admitted I hadn't beaten it, etc etc. I just don't see that I HAVE to say the game is perfect 10 out of 10 and that is the only valid opinion. I pointed out WHY I had a complaint with the game, didn't say it was "ruined" just that it lessened the SP experience. My roommate and friend Darkhawk had the same complaint, and so did Kevin Weiser (of the TheMushroom). A lot of people have complained about the crosshair, which may or may not be related. The point is, I'm not just making up something just so I can bash the game, and it's not that I'm just a crappy player or looking for something to whine about. I've played plenty of shooters, and I was able to hit my targets much easier than this, and the games themselves were still long, difficult and satisfying. I have also played plenty of JK2 MP (which I consider much more fun) and in that mode of play, the guns are far more accurate. In JK/MotS and DF the guns were far more accurate in SP. I don't see that making the guns woefully inaccurate is more "realistic" or essential to making the SP game balanced. If they were as acccurate as they were in the MP game, I would not have complained.

Yes, the ST rifle is "non accurate" (in secondary mode) but only in SP. In MP it is quite accurate, and that's why I like to use it. As far as coming to a battle with full health, that's not my complaint, my complaint is that the guns can't hit anything, and so it makes every battle way too difficult, and not because I can't aim, but because the guns simply miss.

And there's a fine line between "annoying/frustrating" and simply "challenging."

Originally posted by Locke101

2. People are lazy because they find that puzzles make them think. (Um, guess you are not to bright in school)

Oh come on, don't think you're smart because you figured something out in a game others didn't... :rolleyes:

Navaros has a point there - the security cameras never served a purpose, and now you're supposed to look through one for half a minute to see the pipe extend? Or stumble on it when you're looking outside? Don't start with stuff like "the heat has to go off somewhere" because a lot of the game isn't logical. :)

And I have a tip for you, Navaros: never save when you don't know if it's safe - that's common sense. Especially not when you have red glowing stuff around you. ;)

Archived