Home

Code of honor

power_ed

I have noticed a trend online that is going to cause some serious problems with us honorable Jedi Knights.

Some people have found out that you can swing alot quicker if you extinguish your saber, then strike... your swing is about 33% faster than if you had it ready.

this poses a problem where you see a jedi walking up to you sabre not drawn. You see a possible duel coming, so in anticipation, you hit K.

Opponent draws saber to do a quick strike

Chiablo was killed by j00 4ll R SuXx0rZ

has happened 4 times to me already.

Also, with Light saber style, if you crouch, hit forward and attack, you do a lunge that does massive damage. The same person was kneeling with saber off. I anticipated another duel, but was cautious... after a little bit, I got closer and hit K.

THRUST

Chiablo was kill.....

ARGH!

is there no other way????

first off all, I am not saying what some ppl do i wrong. Just saying its not very noble.. I can perfectly understand why some who have'nt encountered a JKII ffa MP game before, would kill you even if your saber's off.. I did too when i first played this game.. I mean WTF.. this dude is asking for it.. but when i explain to them why i didnt hit back, and the same dude shoot the living .... out of me 10 times afterwords, message taunting "*lol* lamer" thats when the code of honor come's in..

still not saying its illigal or wrong, just not that noble, that why i

never call anyone bad name's or stuff like that, coz those are the rules and i am an easy target sitting there waiting for those other dudes to finish their duel so i can challenge.. indeed I am naive to think that the code of honor would be upholded by all ppl but i am not angry coz..

release your anger (sorry, couldnt help it ;) )

..I think when this game's been out some more time, there will be: 1] allot more ppl who knows your not hostile when your crouching with your saber off

2] more servers for dudes just like me who are totally nuts 'bout that movie stuff (walking to the other guy, saying "I'm your father", turning sabers on, challenges this poor misguided dark soul, and go crazy on his a** with your saber)

also, I am missing an "auto accept" feature for duels, that would be nice too.

i can see ur point about crouching and saber off, but i sneak around all the time w/ saber off, because i can see you a mile away when you are ignited. so even if im not fighting for a second, i turn mine off and run to a new spot. i found that guided missles dont find me as much......

if u are moving w/ saber off you will blend in well and not be seen. but to the sniper...... when u are ignitd, you are a target w/ chemlite targeting assistant activated.

Originally posted by power_ed

first off all, I am not saying what some ppl do i wrong. Just saying its not very noble.. I can perfectly understand why some who have'nt encountered a JKII ffa MP game before, would kill you even if your saber's off.. I did too when i first played this game.. I mean WTF.. this dude is asking for it.. but when i explain to them why i didnt hit back, and the same dude shoot the living .... out of me 10 times afterwords, message taunting "*lol* lamer" thats when the code of honor come's in..

still not saying its illigal or wrong, just not that noble, that why i

never call anyone bad name's or stuff like that, coz those are the rules and i am an easy target sitting there waiting for those other dudes to finish their duel so i can challenge.. indeed I am naive to think that the code of honor would be upholded by all ppl but i am not angry coz..

release your anger (sorry, couldnt help it ;) )

..I think when this game's been out some more time, there will be: 1] allot more ppl who knows your not hostile when your crouching with your saber off

2] more servers for dudes just like me who are totally nuts 'bout that movie stuff (walking to the other guy, saying "I'm your father", turning sabers on, challenges this poor misguided dark soul, and go crazy on his a** with your saber)

also, I am missing an "auto accept" feature for duels, that would be nice too.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, man, I just can't bring myself to call it "honor". I call it not being a cheapass prick ;) But I think you're right, once more people start playing the game for longer periods of time, and realising that most often when someone has his sabre unignited and is kneeling, he isn't simply offering himself up as an easy kill. I was the same way when I first started playing JK...I would see some guys standing around talking with their fists up...well my first instinct was to conc rifle their asses then go "LOL!". Then I realized when people have their fists up, they're either being silly and having a boxing match (I've done it) or they're showing "truce".

I'm sure there are quite a few servers now where people play like you want to play, dueling with "honor" and all that. There were always tons of JK games like that - most of the NF Sabre games I played ended up with two guys dueling it out in Valley of the Jedi Tower, with the rest of the people standing around watching, winner keeps fighting, loser watches. So even then, without a formal "duel mode" people did that. I'm sure before too long lots more people will play in the method you're describing, then you and the other "honorable knights" will be happy, and the fragzealot gunners will be happy because you're not mucking up games on their servers ;)

Originally posted by chiablo

I have noticed a trend online that is going to cause some serious problems with us honorable Jedi Knights.

Some people have found out that you can swing alot quicker if you extinguish your saber, then strike... your swing is about 33% faster than if you had it ready.

this poses a problem where you see a jedi walking up to you sabre not drawn. You see a possible duel coming, so in anticipation, you hit K.

Opponent draws saber to do a quick strike

Chiablo was killed by j00 4ll R SuXx0rZ

has happened 4 times to me already.

Also, with Light saber style, if you crouch, hit forward and attack, you do a lunge that does massive damage. The same person was kneeling with saber off. I anticipated another duel, but was cautious... after a little bit, I got closer and hit K.

THRUST

Chiablo was kill.....

ARGH!

is there no other way????

ahhh the power of the dark side, lol.

j/k, yes i see ur point, but when fighting 'others' that are supposed to be ur enemy, caution is recommended.

also like i said in a couple of posts, i travel around w/ sword off, because ur less of target, with out the saber illuminating ur whereabouts, however, if u stand still and dont attack, u will block

Originally posted by Forhekset

I dunno man, Maul was a pretty cocky bastard. And Vader pounded the crap out of Luke from all angles with various pieces of metal/machinery in ESB. It ain't like Vader said, "Well I can't bonk Luke in the back of the head with that hunk of steel right there, he can't even see it coming. I should just wait for him to turn around so he has a sporting chance." ;)

I also recall Vader lunging at Luke suddenly near the beginning of a duel and nearly knocking him over with the sheer force of his initial blow, as he caught Luke off guard (maybe I'm wrong on that one...been a while since I've seen ESB, but I think that was also in that movie). Really, trying to use Darth Vader as an example of a "honorable person" is pretty silly.

Yea, but all of those times, they started a traditional duel before fighting. Luke knew Vader was fighting him before he got hit in the head with that ****. Maul challenged the Jedi. Luke beat down Vader at the end of their duel... most of what people want with the code of honor is starting out, not ending, the duels.

Anyway, I used Vader as a counter-point. If we are talking about a Jedi code of honor, the LAST person you would expect to follow it - a Lord of the Sith - clearly does.

All i have to say about this is that when i fight it doesn't matter whether i fight fairly, or unfairly, win or lose.

What really matters is that it looks incredibly cool when fighting by spinning, dodging, rolling, wall walking, backflip/somersault, etc, etc.

If i can win as well, so much the better. But i gotta look good.

(/me dons the ray-bans)

I usually do holster my saber tho, but only for visual effect.

Yoda: Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained! A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph! Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless!

Archived