Home

Serious Issues just trying to install and run under win2k? Any feedback appreciated.

Voodoo-U

OK, having just picked this game up I have thus been a little disappointed in the fact that it does not seem to install cleanly at all, and even when it does I am unable to play MP at all and the mouse scroll feature never seems to actually work.

Let me start with my system specs:

Asus CUV4X-E

PIII 1Ghz

1gig Crucial RAM

PNY GeForce 4400

Now, save maybe for the processor, my specs are well above the recommended.....

If autoplay is 'on' for my cd-roms (either my sony scis burnder or my sony 32x ide drive) the installer fails looking for a c://cdw file.

If autoplay is 'off' I can at least install the game by choosing setup off the CD-Rom. The install takes @8-15 minutes just to complete (which seems incredibly long) and has several erros during the install.

If I skip past the errors (I will post exact errors tonight when I get home from work) I can play single player with little issue other then a 2-3 minute load time (again, pretty absurd).

Multiplayer does not work at all, as a matter of fact,. the MP option does not even install. If I run MP off the CD, it crashes everytime.

Having called tech support the only thing they could tell me was that 'maybe something is bad on my computer', which I guess could be possible, but seeing as how I can run every other game I have, seems like that is a cop-out for actually knowing how to fix the problem.

Anyway, any suggestions would be much appreciated.....

Originally posted by Swifty

NTFS and Fat32 is irrelevant.

Ditto to that. If NTFS/Fat32 mattered, then there wouldn't be Win2k servers out there.

My install took about 8-15mins (no errors, though) and loading is 1min plus, so you're not alone in that regard.

Originally posted by Voodoo-U

OK, having just picked this game up I have thus been a little disappointed in the fact that it does not seem to install cleanly at all, and even when it does I am unable to play MP at all and the mouse scroll feature never seems to actually work.

Let me start with my system specs:

Asus CUV4X-E

PIII 1Ghz

1gig Crucial RAM

PNY GeForce 4400

Now, save maybe for the processor, my specs are well above the recommended.....

If autoplay is 'on' for my cd-roms (either my sony scis burnder or my sony 32x ide drive) the installer fails looking for a c://cdw file.

If autoplay is 'off' I can at least install the game by choosing setup off the CD-Rom. The install takes @8-15 minutes just to complete (which seems incredibly long) and has several erros during the install.

If I skip past the errors (I will post exact errors tonight when I get home from work) I can play single player with little issue other then a 2-3 minute load time (again, pretty absurd).

Multiplayer does not work at all, as a matter of fact,. the MP option does not even install. If I run MP off the CD, it crashes everytime.

Having called tech support the only thing they could tell me was that 'maybe something is bad on my computer', which I guess could be possible, but seeing as how I can run every other game I have, seems like that is a cop-out for actually knowing how to fix the problem.

Anyway, any suggestions would be much appreciated.....

If you have the harddrive space, try copying the entire CD to a folder and installing from there.

Archived