Home

Insert CD2 and restart

Guest Darth Badger

Guest Darth Badger

Hi guys, wonder if anyone can help. I've spent six hours trying to install the game on my housemates computer today and am getting a bit fecked off* (part-install, crash, refuse to uninstall, refuses even after deleting reg keys, etc. eventually had to reformat...).

When trying to load either the single player senarios, or use the level editer the game requests CD2 to be put in and the game restarted. I put in CD2 (the 'game' one) and close the program, then restart it. It asks for me to put in the same CD (the one that is now in the drive). I have no idea why this is doing this to me. :( I loaded the game perfectly my own computer, but it refuses to do the same on my housemates.

AMD k-6 II @ 450MHz

64 MB RAM

Running under WinME

Some onboard, generic SiS graphics and sound cards

He did get the demo working on there and all the obvious things (direct x, latest drivers, etc.) work fine. It shows the intro movie, and will let you create multiplayer games and access the databank, but keeps asking for the other CD for single player games.

Anyone else suffer with this? He's bigger than me and threatens to beat me up if I don't fix it. :) Plus I don't want him spending the next month playing it in my room. :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Ben

* This is somewhat of an understatement.

Guest Darth Badger

I naturally did that mate - but thanks for the suggestion.

Have solved the problem. By the third re-install of the game it just gave up and disappeared. Funny old things, computers. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem and its really starting to piss me off - I bought the game, played some single campaigns, then me and my buddies were playing multiplayer (for which I didn't need the disk) Now, i wanted to play another campaign, but it keeps asking me to insert the gameplay disk and restart the game...I already have the disk in there, and it doesn't recognize it...my specs:

PIII 1 Ghz

448 RAM

32 Voodoo 3

30 gig hdd

any ideas?

Archived