Home

Most addicting game ever?

Jonny 2x4

What is the most addicting game ever?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most addicting game ever?

• Half-Life: Counter-Strike
    • Jedi Knight 2
    • Everquest
    • Dark Ages Of Camelot

I had to vote for EverQuest, cos, well, I've been playing it for almost three years now.

Two days ago I cancelled my account. /cheer me.

I really got sucked into it big-time. I played the same Bard for 3 years and had 0 twinks. I got into one of the strongest guilds on my server and romped around some of the higher level dungeons and I think it was this that finally killed the fun for me; going on 6+ hour raids to the Temple of Veeshan isn't something I wanted to do on a daily basis. And neither did my wife. ;) So it's time to hang up my lute and my Singing Short Sword and call it a day.

The only other game I've played nearly as long as EQ is Unreal Tournament which I still play with a passion. I typically play on Giant Map Clan servers ([GMC] in the server list) under the name {CBGB}Harvester.

I only hope that I can find a decent group of people to play JKII with regularly like I did with UT, because some of the JK servers I've stumbled on are full of foul-mouthed, disrespectful little jerks.

UT is good. UT ctf rocks. esp one hit kill/ lo grav. but this game bends UT over and goes at it with the handle of a shovel. i played MP for 12 hours straight today, and i am about to play more :( anyway this game kicks ass

Being a singleplayer fanatic id say:

1. JK1 (lets hope that everybody hasnt forgotten about it yet)

2. Half Life

As for JO, I cant say without finishing it. But from´the looks of it, it will be right where its supposed to. Number ONE.

The poll is not very representative. :rolleyes:

You've either missed loads off it, or you don't have a simple 5th option like "Something else."

Ah well, JK2 is superb, but it's not highly addictive in *that* sense. Playing Diablo 2 for overy a year and having a multitude of characters and accounts is "addictive." ;)

But I know that when I want to feel like a Jedi for a while, I have one game which will suit perfectly. :D

Sorry this game is great at the moment but I'm not as addicted to it as I was Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 (Yuris Revenge).

I played that online for a long time. It may have been to do with the fact it being my first online game I ever played. All oof the C&C series was excellent though. They should not be overlooked.

I agree Rune is the best in your face melee game ever!

That game made multiplayer incredible! you could wade in and slaughter people...lop off heads, pick them up, and beat people with them! there were so many weapons, each with it's own style of attack that EVERYONE had many choices to play with.

Guest LSF_Brasidus

World War II On-Line

THEN

Jedi Knight 2

JK 2 is the only other game that has kept my interest since WWIIOL came out in June.

Originally posted by LSF_Brasidus

World War II On-Line

THEN

Jedi Knight 2

JK 2 is the only other game that has kept my interest since WWIIOL came out in June.

Wow, you actually stuck with it? I just grew too frustrated with that game and quit before the pay-to-play ever began for the first time.

I heard the Axis just completely rolls over the Allies after every "world reset", hehe.

• F-18 Raliator for Amiga - "First real flight sim I played in my life, played countless hours on it, even went to the edge of the map and hovered like a harrier" heh. Amiga was my first computer, with 1MB of RAM, which was super expensive back then.

• Test Drive - "I'm talking about the early series, like 1. Driving sports cars on regular normal roads, and with traffic. I remember I could run off the edge of the cliff and die." The late series sucks, I'm not talking about that.

• Civilization 1 - "Heh, I don't need to explain much. I got so immersed into it, and the replayability was there..."

• Wing Commander Series - "I'm talking about the early versions, not the last couple, they suck"

• Privateer - "I was like whoa, because I could customize my ship, and do jobs, like a freelancer, I haven't played another game like this"

• Doom 1 - "I'll admit, I was often scared playing this game around midnight, almost pissed in my pants when I came across some baddies"

Archived