Home

New Luke skin....

Graphicsgod

Do you like this skin?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this skin?

• Man that skin rocks!!
    • Dude, I could do a better skin in Paintbrush.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by eMpTy

...I think it's funny you chose to do this skin...I was starting work on a Shadows of the Empire version of Luke...and I was going to try and incorperate the Rodian/Beedo vest....I think that numerous versions of all the favorite Star Wars characters could be made easily with alot of existing textures found in the game...like using the Bespin Cop's holster would be cool for a Han Solo model (recoloring Galak's pants too)....or Mon Mothma would be a cool model to make a Depa Bilaba skin...the Rebel could be made into a death star trooper using the bits of the black imperial officer skin that's in game...my main test, though, has been trying to convert the second jedi skin that was shown in the Yavin Jedi Academy (when you watch the students training)...but I'll probably have to wait (or collaborate with someone) til I can either figure out ModView...or the Raven development pack comes out...: (

I find this is the totally wrong attitude to go about skinning

'borrowing' bits of other skins is just blah

ermm...the skins he's talking about are skins from the game...ur supposed to use those as a base, at least for now, and i don't see why mixing and matching different pieces from skins that come with the game...any1 who has the game has these skins, so it's not really stolen property.

'sides, u hv the authors permission to play with them. otherwise, skinning wouldnt be allowed in jk2.

jh

Ok, I'm totally PO'd at free website servers right now :mad:!! I tried for six hours yesterday. from twelve noon till six, and I'm still unable to get this onto a server for all to download (sorry I don't feel like emailling it 50+ times). All the sites out there either didn't like leatching, zip files, or have enough space for one freakin meg zip file. Or there login was totally screwed. Man I miss the old days!

Anyway, I need someone who has webspace and can handle a lot of traffic. And please no bs, only contact me if you can spare a meg of space to host this file till I can find a more permanent space for it. So if you have webspace and are willing to do me and everyone a great favor, please e-mail me.

graphicsgod2@hotmail.com

Also I'm working on an ESB and ANH skin pack. As soon as I get this whole "hosing thing" behind me, I can start work on them. Looks like my SOF2 skinning is going on the back burner again, lol.

And last but not least, farmerBob, I'm a very good website designer. I do side work for hundreds of dollars making websites for companies and small businesses. That one page was just done very quickly to show off the skin.

I would also like to apologize for those on modems, wasn't thinking when I uploaded those pics. They should be smaller now.

Thanks for your time and patience, Graphicsgod.

Looks great, man!

I'd really like to try my hand at skinning too; I have the time, and an eye for details, and am stubbor-- ehm,. . . "persistent", :) but I've never done it, and don't know what kind of tools you'd use. Do CAD or any solid modeling programs work? 3D Studio Max? What do you use? (or where can I find these tools?)

Looks great man!

What tools did you use to make these skins/models? I've got the time and desire, and stubbor-- . .ehm, "patience" for detail, but I've never done it before.

Where can I get the tools to do it? I have some tools like CAD and such, but not 3DStudio Max.

Ok things are rolling along now. Working on getting a little space for my skin for all to download. Should happen in the next few hours/days. Started work on ESB luke, so we'll see how it comes out in a few hours.

Now a few Q's.....

Frumpus:

Looks great man!

What tools did you use to make these skins/models? I've got the time and desire, and stubbor-- . .ehm, "patience" for detail, but I've never done it before.

Where can I get the tools to do it? I have some tools like CAD and such, but not 3DStudio Max.

Frumpus, I used Adobe Photoshop. To do professional work you need professional tools ;). And Photoshop is the best and only choice for doing good looking images (ie. editing photos, graphic design, internet graphics, and of course textures and skins). But to get such a great program, you need a lot of moolah. I think it's running for around $609.00 US today. I paid a lot more when it fist came out.

mrvannistelrooy:

thaTS very very good! how about a chewbacca model/skin

I would like to, but I don't model (well for games anyway, too much work). If someone models Chewbacca, I'll skin em.

Morcalivan7:

How 'bout darth maul? Or the wookie?

That skin has already been done. What you want me to redo it ;). About the Wookie, see earlier question.

Would like to do that skin, but I need a model that at least comes close to resembling him, theres only so far you can take a model with a skin. I'm still looking for a quick work around for these models, like head swapping and tgas with layer masks (works in Q3), but haven't gotten it to work just yet.

Thanks for all your support and hope to see a lot of dead Lukes, with my skins on them, in MP ;). Peace out, Graphicsgod.

Originally posted by Jedi Howell

ermm...the skins he's talking about are skins from the game...ur supposed to use those as a base, at least for now, and i don't see why mixing and matching different pieces from skins that come with the game...any1 who has the game has these skins, so it's not really stolen property.

'sides, u hv the authors permission to play with them. otherwise, skinning wouldnt be allowed in jk2.

That's not nessesarily true. I know if I skinned for Raven and some guy that pirated a copy of Photoshop was posting a bunch of skins that were photomanipulated versions of some torso I did, and the rest of the skin from other JK2 stuff, I wouldn't dig it at all.

If you want to use the current skins as a "base", use them like a BASE... not a jigsaw puzzle. Look at the current skin and come up with completely new artwork to cover the same mesh to create NEW skins.

I'm certainly not going to download someone's Lando/Chiss mix skin that didn't do anything but copy pixels from one skin and pasted them on another.

Essobie

I tried the skin, VERY nice models..

One problem tho...you have 3 versions of the skin to choose from plus the old Luke model..

That's 4 luke's hogging the screen, which doesn't look very good.

Is there any way you can make it to we have just 1 version and not 3?

Otherwise, nice!

Archived