Home

Review: Jedi Outcast (PC)

telarium

Good review, i agree on all points. The multiplayer aspect of the game is indeed hectic. People do run around in FFA games like chickens without heads just slashing and spinning in any direction possible.

And it becomes even more hectic if all weapons and forces are allowed. To that I say; I'll go play some CS or a not-so-chaotic MP variant. However when the Duel mode (sabers only) is being played this game's MP is probably at its best. After downloading some new background music for the whole (duel of the fates, rotj luke-vs-vader music, and some more) the Duels are actually exciting and thrilling. Taunting each other after binding a key to +taunt is certainly an addition to building up the excitement before running at your opponent full of hatred or despair. Though even the Duels can get quite lame when forces as Force Drain or Force Mindtrick are being used. You slash your opponent almost to death, he'd only need one more rock thrown at him, and he uses Force Drain at you which by he drains your health to a low level and it pumps his own hp up graciously. That's just no fun. And the mindtrick, what's that all about, since when can Jedi mindtrick EACHOTHER? I dunno just doesnt seem logic to me... So if I'll play JK2 MP, I'll play Duel mode with NF as the term was in JK1. And to be more precise, the old gaming zone gameroom names will be the same for me: 'BGJ, NF, NH, SO'. Rock on!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived