Home

BLOOD please :)

Drewzerman

In the whole SW univers NO ONE seems to have blood...

you can chop off someones arm (swIV:ANH-cantinacene) and only al little dark fluit dromps on the floor...

But whe DV chopped off lukes hand NO BLOOD... stomtrooper hit little spark no blood...

SW is not made for blood :) sw is made to be sweet :)

i don't think lucas arts put blood in it becouse NO OTHER SW game have blood (as long as i can rememeber..)

sorry

(this was my P.O.V. not an official Lucas Arts one)

bye bye zwaai zwaai

The reason there is no blood with 90% of all weapons in SW is because the wounds are CAUTERISED by the laser. (or equivalent)

These energy weapons are extremely hot, so they seal the wound as it is created. (plasma has a truly horrendous temperature for instance)

My only gripe would be that the burns would be far more severe than a neat cauterisation. You would expect smoking flesh and 3rd degree burns all around the the area. In the case of plasma, the body bit in question would be vapourised totally, as would anything it touched.

The only blood would be in the explosive damage, since all else is supposedly energy based.

PS: One has to suspend ones disbelief if you can even imagine HOLDING a plasma weapon. Plasma is atoms which have been heated so much their nuclear bonds are blown. It is a bunch of highy charges protons and neutrons floating about. The amount of energy such a system contains is mind boggling.

Originally posted by RuruPaora

The reason there is no blood with 90% of all weapons in SW is because the wounds are CAUTERISED by the laser. (or equivalent)

These energy weapons are extremely hot, so they seal the wound as it is created. (plasma has a truly horrendous temperature for instance)

My only gripe would be that the burns would be far more severe than a neat cauterisation. You would expect smoking flesh and 3rd degree burns all around the the area. In the case of plasma, the body bit in question would be vapourised totally, as would anything it touched.

The only blood would be in the explosive damage, since all else is supposedly energy based.

PS: One has to suspend ones disbelief if you can even imagine HOLDING a plasma weapon. Plasma is atoms which have been heated so much their nuclear bonds are blown. It is a bunch of highy charges protons and neutrons floating about. The amount of energy such a system contains is mind boggling.

Yep of course but in dual combal saber, we can't see any legs everywhere, some arms, some head. It willbe more funny ;):D :D

Creating a 'blood' mod for JK2 would probably be pretty easy... I'm sure they just disabled some code from Q3A or something like that... I wouldn't mind the gore to go with it, either :)

As for that whole cauterization crap, get a life, man. You know as well as I do that they didn't stick blood/gore in JK2 so that they could throw it out under a T rating and hit more of an audience (AKA all those junior highers that love star wars but don't have a clue about computers).

Originally posted by AeroBLASTER

As for that whole cauterization crap, get a life, man. You know as well as I do that they didn't stick blood/gore in JK2 so that they could throw it out under a T rating and hit more of an audience (AKA all those junior highers that love star wars but don't have a clue about computers).

The cauterizing is true so don't put it down, but the T rating is probly the real reason. I don't have a problem with it.

Did you see blood when vader cut off luke's hand? I didn't. Why not? Exactly, the saber sealed the wound when it went trough. It's not something raven made up, it's Starwars. Even though, some smoke would own, blood would definatelly ruin it.

There was a very quick spray of blood, actually more like a mist when Obi Wan bi-sected Darth Maul. It was only there for a nano second but it was there. (For those who wish to look, the mist is to the right side of the screen.)

AEROBlaster: That comment was insulting and completely uncalled for. Good to see that you are steadfastly upholding the Internet tradition of posting. Keep up the good work, we are all counting on you. :D

I KNOW that the reason they don't include blood is because of the rating. You must think I am some sort of moron. (actually I know you think I am a moron from the rest of your post) I was describing Georgy-boy's rational for not including blood. I was also stating that it is ACTUALLY MEDICALLY SOUND and not just BS.

Yes, I have a life, that is how I have a clue about such things..... :evanpiel:

Anyway, there are a few mods/commands which allow dismemberment in both multiplayer and singleplayer. This is obviously the JDK2 marketing team simply getting cold feet and pulling it at the end. (but the programmers leaving it easily accessible to us psychos)

Smoke effects would be highly realistic because the skin and bones of the opponent would be vapourised on contact, hence the "steam". :bdroid2:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dea

Did you see blood when vader cut off luke's hand? I didn't. Why not? Exactly, the saber sealed the wound when it went trough. It's not something raven made up, it's Starwars. Even though, some smoke would own, blood would definatelly ruin it.

Maybe therefore the lightsaber is "a more civilized weapon of a culture long ago..." (no quote, just interpretion :p )

Indeed, the death sequences are the best (if you can apply the word "best" to something like that... :rolleyes: ) I've seen by now. I mean the animations when you push a stormtrooper away are awesome! The dismemberment also is cool, but not that cruel, there is no almost no blood indeed.

Peace & Respect

-- Aetherfukz

Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to the Dark Side.

Archived