Home

Music!!

right now listening to Schizophreniac by Earthsuit Kaleidoscope Superior cd. hehehe I like Osmosis Land better though. hmm...i wonder how to get my stereo to work REALLY good...since i'm running the cd off my dvd player, cuz dvd player is hooked up to stereo system...i could blast it...

now i'm listening to 'said the sun to the shine' hehe

AWESOME!!!!!!! I FIGURED OUT WHAT '3D SOUND' BUTTON DID ON THE REMOTE CONTROL!!!!!!!! I CAN CHOOSE TO LISTEN TO IT WITH HIGHER SOUNDING INSTRUMENTS!!!!!! EHEHEHEHEHEH

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by edlib

I won't go too deeply into the fact that as a musican and producer it's extremely hard to defend the practice of "sharing" music services based on the Napster model. I'll leave it at this:

I believe you should always provide financial support to the artists who's music you listen to.

I must be pure evil then... i am a musician, and i download hunreds of MP3s every day... not to mention, ripped CDs from freinds and whatnot. I have not paid for a CD for the past year or so.

But when i want music to have an impact, like for an audiance, i use DVD music. Its expensive, and i prefer vinyl, but hey, on with technology. Otherwise, i am fine with my CDs and MP3s.

I never said you had to buy CDs.

You can provide financial support to musicians by going to all thier live shows whenever they're in town, for example. Or purchasing merchandise off of an official web page.

But until the day comes when musicians can walk into a grocery store, fill up thier basket, and walk out without paying, (or live somewhere and not have to pay rent, or drive off the lot in a new car for free) just because they are a musician and thier work is downloadable free anywhere on the Web, I'm going to feel very strongly that the people who dedicate thier lives to studying, practicing, writing, arranging, creating, playing and recording the music you enjoy should get some kind of compensation for thier efforts.

If you can figure out a fair way to do that using the sharing services I'll be all for it.

But the world is already so stacked up against making a decent living in music that I hate to see another way come along that takes more money away from those who are already struggling to make ends meet.

I'm sick of seeing friends, some of whom are very talented, put down thier instruments and get day jobs just to survive.

I know people with recordings that have ended up on Napster and the like. They usually have very mixed feelings about it. It's cool that people like your stuff and are trying to get it out there and share it with people,.. but if you see a lot of downloads that aren't resulting in any additional album sales... especially if you have no way of paying off the credit cards from the studio time, engineer fees, replication and printing costs, and gear purchases it took to get the music out there in the first place.

A lot of people I know are just trying to get buy on what they earn on shows,.. but that's a rough existence too.

I don't believe it's going to be the huge national acts that are ultimately going to feel the impact from this as much as the already struggling performers/ songwriters with a limited base of fans out there. These people live off of thier publishing fees and royalties, usually losing money on touring in order to sell more albums.

Perhaps eventually a whole new model for having a career as a professional musician will come out of all of this, and the world will be a much better place in the end.

But in the meantime, I think these things are going to make our lives even rougher than they already are.

well now im not listening to music.

its a line from space balls:

What the hell am I looking at?

When does this happen in the movie?

Now!

You are looking at now sir.

Everything that happens now, is happening now.

What happened to then?

We passed it.

When?

Just now.

We're at now now.

Go back to then.

When?

Now!

Now?

Now!

I cant.

Why?

We missed it.

When?

Just now.

When will then be now?

Soon.

Originally posted by Wraith 8

well now im not listening to music.

its a line from space balls:

What the hell am I looking at?

When does this happen in the movie?

Now!

You are looking at now sir.

Everything that happens now, is happening now.

What happened to then?

We passed it.

When?

Just now.

We're at now now.

Go back to then.

When?

Now!

Now?

Now!

I cant.

Why?

We missed it.

When?

Just now.

When will then be now?

Soon.

I LOVE THAT MOVIEEEEE!!!!

"the force....? NO!!! the swarchtz

errr quit with the wav sounds it takes forever to load the !@#$ page!!!

right now i'm listening to:

one step closer to the edge by linkin park.

this may very well be my most FAVORITE song that isn't by a christian band...

IT describes PERFECTLY how i'm feeling right now. THOSE DAMN DOORS OF HOM FROM HEEELLLL!!!!! MY THEY ALL BURN AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! HELPELPGEGLPEGLPEGLPEGLPEGLPEGLPAWAaaaaaa!!!!!!

THANKS TO S1 FOR MAKING ME DO THAT LEVEL....

hehe of course it's a challenge.....but it's VERY VVVVEEERRRRRYYYY irritating to load up the effing level, (and go through all the effing menus just to get to the level) and then to find out that there's a HOM FROM HELL sticking out like a sore n00b.

It's just not fair! I have those doors set perfect like how i always have them, and it only lets me use ONE of them at a time....probably has to do with a surface thingy uh switch, cuz well....it's just umm stupit!!!!!!!!!! aaahhhrhrgghghghgh!!! I end up getting so mad that i type a bunch of bad evil and nasty words in the console and press enter...and then repeatedly self kill or turn on force speed and ram the fool into the wall til death do us part!@

o well right now that gladiator woman is trying to soothe me with her quiet singing, but it's pissing me off even more....time to switch to something more hard....hmm...Partie_Deux_Les_Vacans.mp3

OH YA THAT HITS THE SPOT JUST RIGHT!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO7!!!!!!!1111

OK TIME TO FILL THE PLACE WITH STORMTROOPERS AND GO ON A SLASHING SPREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! OR SOMETHING! HEY, MAYBE I'LL DO SOMETHING! YA! THAT'S IT!!!

hehe i feel like going outside and flipping people off, but that'd get me shot...

what is wrong with the sounds man? get a better connection :D and if you see a sound at the bottom being loaded to slow... just press stop :D... and btw .. this page is almost over... and then we are going to page 3... so..... im leaving it in there.

ya, same as redwing. :D

and if u read my post correctly, you'll know that i was a little (more than a little) ticked off when I visited the thread.....and then hearing 'WHAT THE HELL' when i first loaded it, well, as funny as it was if my parents were in ear distance....

hehe

now everytime i visit the thread i press the mute key. :p

Archived