Home

A free MP addon from Raven would be nice :)

TegSkywalker

Today when I was playing JK2 online and dueling with a friend of mine, I was thinking how cool it would be if Raven "pulled a Valve" and released like a free MP mod for JK2 that added a totally different variation to the game. Ya know, like a thank you for all of us who supported them throughout the dev process and pretty much love JK2 in general. I don't have any ideas for a full mod, but for some reason I pictured having a Hoth Base map in JK2 multiplayer would be pretty slick.

Heck it worked in Half-Life with Team Fortress Classic, so maybe it would be nice if we had a professional quality 1st party mod for JK2. And no, not ANOTHER Team Fortress clone. hehe ;)

That would be great! One of the first things that Valve did was release a bunch of extra multiplayer models. It would be simply awesome if Raven were to release a similar pack, eg. featuring "movie models". (Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu, Jango Fett, Scoutrooper, Snowtrooper etc.)

It would also be the best way to play these characters, simply because most of the servers probably won't host the same 3rd-party model that you downloaded and want to use!

:vadar:

FatboyTim.

Raven, has sometimes done this in the past. They released a smal mod for Heretic II called "seige" I beleive. Even EF2 had some extra models in its patch. So hopefully the trend will continue.

I wouldn't hold them to the fire on a TFC sized released. Valve just released HL and then really hasn't put out much since (3rd party ppl have done the OpForce, Blue, CS boxes). Raven on the other hand is a quite productive shop, putting out a game every year (and sometimes two games). So Valve might have more time on their hands than Raven.

Still, I'd like to see some stuff from Raven, but I wouldn't cry foul if they declined. I'd rather see them work on a expansion pack.

Cyclone

Some of the guys at Raven did Siege (a mod for Hexen2) on their spare time, really cool of them and a kick ass mod. Unfortunatly since they had a job developing new games for Raven they didnt have the time to fix all bugs and support it like a real product, which led to lots of whining and flames towards Raven in the Hexen community.

Raven also did a really cool free Enchancement Pack for HereticII with a new female model lots of new moves for the dunwood staff (the lightsabre of HereticII for those who dont know) new spells and lots of new DM-maps. Except for adding some really cool stuff the Enchancement Pack messed up quite a few things as well and needed some additional patches to function accectably. Which again led to constant whining and *****ing and even threatfull E-mails to the guys at Raven.

So maybe if I was in a position to decide at Raven I would be carefull to add stuff in the gameplay. Im mainly thinking about the

requests for making the sabre-moves like in the SP.

On the other hand maybe JK2 will be such a massive hit that they can afford to have people working on patches and supporting the game in another way that they could for Hexen2 and Hereticii, which were moderatly succesfull games.

Im pretty sure we can expect new multiplayer maps though, Raven have always been very good at releasing bonusmaps for all their games.

/Morcavalin

What would be nice if Raven did a skinpack with like these people for example:

1. Luke from ANH

2. Han Solo

3. Obi-Wan from ANH

4. Leia

5. Vader

6. Boba Fett

7. Wedge

Yes yes I know that there are numerous skins out there that have like Obi-Wan and Han and all but it would be nice if they had that "professional feel" and bot code.

My two cents.

Yeah, maybe a 'Young Yoda' skin. I'd like to see an Exar Kun and Ulic Quel Droma skin too. Heck, why can't they update a load of the Dark Jedi skins from Dark Forces 2? Kyle vs. Jerec rematch!

Also, they should release extra lightsabres too. I'd love to wield two, like Anakin does in the new trailer or a double-bladed 'sabre!

:lsduel::syoda::slsaber::saberb::saberr::saberg:

Archived