Home

Broken Sword vs. Monkey Island

Monkey Island vs. Broken Sword Which is best?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Monkey Island vs. Broken Sword Which is best?

• Monkey Island
    • Broken Sword

• 1 year later...

I didn't like the interface on Broken Sword.

And I stopped playing Broken Sword 1 quite near the end for about a year, then when I got back to it, the story was so complicated that I was confused about what I was actually trying to do.

(And if you haven't guessed, I voted for MI)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i prefer bs over mi 1 & 2 because it's just more replay ,like i played out bs shadow of the templars on the gba out probably 5 times because it has just really good replay when i played mi 1 and 2 i played it only once .The humor in bs is better though i prefer mi3 and 4 over bs .

It depends which of the games you are comparing. If it is MI 1, MI 2 and CMI vs BS1 and BS 2, the Monkey Island series win.

If it is between EMI and the BS series I would go with the BS series.

BS1 is extremely good, the second one is like EMI for the MI series.

• 1 month later...

I didn't actually play Broken Sword and it's sequel until 2 years ago, having played Monkey Island games a long time before that. So, I believe that both games are good, but I was a lot less fresh playing Broken Sword, than Monkey Island. Added to this, I have grown up with Monkey Island, it has a better storyline in my opinion, not to say Broken Sword's is bad, because it certainly is not, I think it is a great story. Monkey Island is like a part of my life, whereas Broken Sword is merely an experience in my life, in a way.

Basically what I am saying is, that Broken Sword is excellent, just not AS excellent as Monkey Island, so Monkey Island wins in my opinion.

to all of you who have posted about the Broken Sword Games, which version do you have? I can only find the playstation and GBA versions. I can't find the PC version anywhere (is there a PC version?). Also, which version is the best, because I want to get the BS games.

That would indeed rock the house, what would be even better would be if LucasArts had the eternal wisdom to convert their 2D adventure portfolio over to GBA, I would buy the lot of them all over again I can tell you that, and I bet a lot of other people would too, not just nostalgists but possible new fans also.

Archived