Home

Cl_Parse Packet Entities : End Message

QLD3

I cant seem to play JK2 in Multiplayer Mode, I have tried re-installing but keep getting this error, I can play HL and Q3 fine online but this one keeps on stuffing me...

Any ideas ?

TIA

D3

I was having the same problem as you were. I fixed mine by re-installing but I had to make sure I took out any files that I put in to bypass the cd check.

I got a cracked exe off of Game Copy World and also that dismemberment hack. I noticed that when I uninstalled JK2, but kept saved games and settings, that the files I put there to bypass the cd check and activate the dismemberment hack were saved too.

Well I just removed them then reinstalled and now everything works fine again.

QLD3 are you running window2k? Because my friend is having the same problem and he installed the game on a total of 4 different machines now. ...all running win2k proffessional and all using different type of processor/video card/isp combinations.

-=Trout=-

Yea, I'm getting this message also. Single player runs as smooth as silk but it's only when I try and throw my hat into the multiplayer arena that I'm slapped down by this irritating error message. I'm running Windows2000 Professional with a P3 500MHz processor, 256MB of RAM and a Voodoo3 3000 AGP video card. I've also downloaded the no cd crack from Gamecopyworld and the dismemberment patch. I'm going to try uninstalling the game and reinstalling. I plan to gut the patches that I've applied before I reinstall. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Maybe something that I run into by doing this will help someone out there. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate that also.

Later,

Sith Incarnite

Yes, sith, please let me know how the reinstall goes, and try it without the no_cd patch first and see if it gives you the same error. I got a feeling that it won't. I bet its something to do with the no_cd patch and win2k pro. I'm also going to try this, but not till tmmrw.

Ok guys, I did a complete uninstall of Jedi Outcast and then gutted the <Jedi Outcast> directory. I rebooted and then performed a fresh clean install. I fired the game up and started multiplayer without a patch of any kind such as the <no_cd> or <dismemberment> patches. The game is working fine now with no issues at all. I played MP non-stop for about 3 hours and not so much as even the smallest glitch. My advice is to not apply the no cd patch or the dismemberment patch until one comes out that's been tested with Windows2000 and even then theres no guarantees. I hope this info helps. Now.....let's go run someone through with my saber!!

Later,

Sith Incarnite:D

Cool, thanks a bunch Sith for the info, i will make sure to pass this info along to the people i know having the same issue, and hopefully they used the no_cd patch as well. I know they didn't have a dismemberment patch, so its definately the no_cd patch causing the problem (maybe dismember ain't helpin)..

Lightsabers here we come

Archived