Home

Close as you can get to the cartwheel flip!

Darth Sane

I seriously doubt something this elegant is on the multiplayer game, but I HAVE figured out how to do a sideways cartwheel with Kyle. I have used medium stance, but before you get excited, the cartwheel is an arial saber / saber block.

Jump over your attacker, without attacking (meaning your saber is in defensive mode) and you will do the side cartwheel (and you get a nice camera spin arround, like you did a backwards attack with heavy stance.)

Anyway, if someone really wanted the cartwheel manuver, the moves ARE possible to be edited... but I'm too skiddish about touching that stuff - yet..

(hell, I just now got unreal tournament programing down pat =P )

That is complete BULL CRAP. First off, jumping over your enemy does jack.

Second, the move your thinking of IS NOT A CARTWHEEL! Your thinking of the Medium Stance special move, which is forward+jump+attack when infront of your enemy.

FOR THE LAST TIME THAT IS NOT A CARTWHEEL PEOPLE!!

cartwheel.jpg

^ THIS is a cartwheel!

Here are ingame shots of a cartwheel:

cart1.jpg

cart2.jpg

cart3.jpg

Get it?

EVERYONE did cartwheels in PE class during elementary school! Watch the Reborn do your "cartwheel flip" and you'll see it's NOT a cartwheel AT ALL. In a cartwheel, BOTH HANDS are on the ground with legs flailing in the air. Of course, in JO some of the NPCs have sligtly different cartwheels because they happen to execute the move at the same time as a saber swing, making it a bit funky.

This is the definition of a cartwheel, courtesy of dictionary.com:

cart·wheel Pronunciation Key (kärthwl, -wl)

n.

A handspring in which the body turns over sideways with the arms and legs spread like the spokes of a wheel.

Slang. A large coin, such as a silver dollar.

whatever. How do I do it? is there a point in even talking about this? does this move even exist in multiplayer? and if so is it something you can activate intentionally or is there some situation that must occour first? Does anyone know!?

The reason for this post is to descearn betwean a cartwheel and the Medium Stance Special flip attack. People seem to be confusing the two, and frankly, it annoys some of us.

No. You cannot do the movie described above. It's an NPC only move. Until someone mods this, or finds something in the config files, this move is exicutible only by the NPC Jedi. Sorry. But that's the way it is.

Not to sound sacriligous.....but what would be the point of this move, even if we could do it? Does it devolve into a sidekick, or knock people over?

I realize it looks cool.....and yeah, if someone figured out a way to mod it in, I'd probably use it, just because it looks cool. But if it doesn't actually have any functional purpose I have trouble getting my panties all in a twist over it.

You know, that's probably why only NPCs can do it: because it serves no functionality other than "looking cool". The evasive roll is more practical because it lowers your profile as you dodge an attack. This games uses some damn-good hit detection, and the cartwheel would simply leave you ridiculously wide open compared to the roll.

If there's one thing I can say about the moves in this game, all of them are useful in their own way - OTHER than looking cool.

The closest you can come is the off the wall cartwheel.....like this...

look parrallel to the wal, strafe against it and jump....you do a cartwheelish move,

and I can get proof if you want it, but it isnt a frestanding move....you can also run up the wal and do a backflip too....just run against the wall and jump....

Originally posted by BioHazzard

The closest you can come is the off the wall cartwheel.....like this...

look parrallel to the wal, strafe against it and jump....you do a cartwheelish move,

and I can get proof if you want it, but it isnt a frestanding move....you can also run up the wal and do a backflip too....just run against the wall and jump....

I'll back this one up - its more or less a cartwhell.... your body just sorta spins around like a star - its the closest your gonna get without a mod.

could someone tell me how to put up screenshots?

I have about 5 of them with me doing the cartwheel block against Tavion in the pit.

I have a pathetic internet connection thus I spend most of my time just staying in that pit trying out the moves.

I wouldn't waste my time posting something that would be potentially helpful to the whole unless it worked.

BTW - incase no one read the first post of mine, this is the CLOSEST thing you were going to get to doing a defensive move that resembles a cartwheel. The hands are NOT on the ground because they're too busy holding the saber, which is blocking an attack from under you.

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this. But I swear I have seen people do the ariel cartwheel on me...flip over my head in the motion of a cartwheel except no hands on the floor and block my saber. No it is not a flip it is a cartwheel of some sort just like tavion does.

Archived