Home

star wars movie question

Anon

Ok someone who know can you answer this , maybe someone who has red all the episode starwars books

So that senator palpitine guy from episode 1 that gets ellected and helps the naboo queen and taps young skywalker on the shoulder at the end , so he is the evil emperor from episodes 4-6 ?

hey sorry im not a starwars freak but i just a theory i had after watching epsoide 1 again a few days ago it showed on commerical tv here

the emperor says , "I will ensure things in the senate stay as they are" and then that guy is elected so i am guessing that he is the evil emperor or that he is under the control of the emperor?

So can someone answer that

yet i could be totally wrong so fell free to bag my stupid idea

This really isn't a spoiler. It's obvious.

If you watched Ep1, you will have seen Darth Sideous appearing in a hologram in the opening scenes. If you watch the DVD with the commentary on, George Lucas says that it was important that Sideous made his first appearance in Ep1 via hologram as it was how he made his first appearance in The Empire Strikes Back. Now we all know that the Emperor was the only character who made his debut via hologram in The Empire Strikes Back so logically Darth Sideous is the Emperor.

Now the Palpatine thing. It's been official information, though it wasn't mentioned in the films, that the Emperor was an chancellor named Palpatine. Therefore teh following equation applies.

Palpatine == Sideous == Emperor.

Hope this helps.

Exactly.

:holosid::lightning

PS. I only qualified my remark with "as far as we all know" as its theoretically possible that Lucas could decide throw us all a curve-ball and have the Emperor be a clone of Sideous or something... (although that (A) is highly unlikely, and (B) would suck bigtime...):D

:guard::emperor::guard:

Who really knows, I mean, it was an accepted fact that Darth Vader killed Luke's pop until the end of ESB, maybe Mace Windu is really a clone of Yoda's mother who is secretly the Emperor, and all of the Palpatine stuff is just smoke and mirrors =P

Seriously though, did anyone notice in the latest trailer that Chancellor Palpatine walks a lot like the Emperor, and they are sounding even more alike, though still not EXACTLY the same? Many props to Ian McDiarmid to some awesome transition acting.

I have to agree that Ian McDiarmid is doing a great job. I still find it amusing that some people didn't recognise him as the one who played the Emperor in ROTJ. I think he has a very distinctive voice, anyway...but I've seen McDiarmid in many roles in TV and film so it was obvious to me who he was in TPM. Apart from the name, of course...Senator Palpatine...Emperor Palpatine...it doesn't take a great leap of imagination... :)

I'm just wondering if we'll see the beginnings of his change in appearance...or if that comes later...

(Highlight to read)

There are some definite changes in Palpatine's appearance in Attack of the Clones. I think it looks like he's "degenerating" quite nicely.:)

Click on the links below to see some cool 'before and after' pictures from the Original Trilogy and the Prequels...

Palpatine through the years link. (EP's I, II & VI)

In action - EP II link & EP VI link

Attack of the thrones link!:p

Senate guards to Royal Guards link.

Originally posted by acdcfanbill

warning, theory could be spoiler to some....

for all we know, palpatine has been cloneing himself for years, setting up this very plan of action...

Read the graphic novels by Dark Horse (damn can't remember the name). It covers the period immediately after Return of the Jedi. Damn cool story that supports your theory. In short, the Emperor was not truly killed when Vader through him down into the reactor pit. He transferred his essence to a nearby clone and immediately launched a devastating counter-attack on the Rebellion. The war was far from over.

And Luke has to master the Dark side of the Force ... neat.

Hmmm, how much more obvious does Lucas have to make it?

When Mace and Yoda talk about the Sith, and who was killed, the camera then focuses in on Palpatine, ie insinuating that he is the one not killed out of the Master/Apprentice setup of the Sith.

I find it funny that people can't recognise Palpatine and Sidious as the same person, you add the hood to Palpatine and people seem to no longer see the similarity. Or is this more of a thing about those that know Star Wars, know who is meant to be who, and don't spend half of the movie working out who each character is.

Hmmm, I won't go and flame you, but it goes like this

Palpatine = Sidious = Emperor.

Palpatine is being both the new Chancellor, and Darth Sidious in TPM. By the end of the E2 or E3, he has basically made himself Emperor, removing the Senate, they mention that in one of the opening scenes on the Death Star on Episode IV.

So, by the time E IV- VI are around, he is only known as Emperor Palpatine. He has dropped the Sidious/Palpatine dual identity.

In TPM, he is both Sidious and Palpatine, he is on both sides of the Trade Federation invasion of Naboo, therefore manipulating the whole situation.

Archived