Home

Try this to Reduce Freeze Ups

nilus1

Like Many I've been having the Full Freeze ups in the game(Game stops, Sound Repeats, Can't CTRL-Alt-Del)

Anyways I was trying several options and I found one that went from the game freezing after 1/2 hour to taking the game almost 2 hours before it had a problem.

All I did was go to my Motherboards Homepage and got new Drivers for it.

Whats really odd is instead of a full on Freeze up. After 2 hours of play the game begins to skip(thats the best way to describe it). It starts to act like its freezing up, then it resumes, then it does it again. Whats odd is you can close JKII and the pc will still do the strange skiping thing. I know this kind of thing happens when your PC is overheating but I checked my temps on my CPU, memory and my Video Card and they were all running at optimal temp. This game needs a patch badly, I've played several other Quake III engine games without any trouble.

I get this sometimes as well. The game appears to have locked up with the sound loop and then after maybe 15 secs it will start again. If I close JK2 my comp starts acting funky. I agree that it's not because of overheating because I keep my motherboard temp probe open while playing and I didn't see any heating probs.

This game needs help.

Archived