Home

What's your code of honor?

Mattman

Very nice thread indeed. Being an administrator in a small IRC network taught me over the years that the fact that you're using a computer doesn't mean you can behave as you wish. The point is that nowadays, a lot of people (like me) spend great part of their time online, so phrases like "it's just a game" or "if someone's bein lame just turn off the computer and go away" sound pretty silly to me. I'm happy to see that people actually care about it.

Today was my first day playing j2k online and I really had fun with the game, but I don't really have a defined code of honor yet. However I did make a few decisions today about what I will surely avoid doing...

1 - Saber only: not because I'm better, nor because it's the right thing... simply because I enjoy it like mad. I rarely win against someone with weapons tbh, but that's just fine, because I have more fun engaging other people with my lightsaber in Jedi Knight 2 than I've ever had playing Unreal or Quake. Plus I keep training and training with the bots to learn to use the saber at it's full.

2 - No grip, no push or pull to throw someone off an edge: because I don't enjoy it when I kill someone like that. It makes me get tired of the game pretty soon... plus I can't use my lightsaber if I do so. I also hate it when someone does that to me.

The other force powers in my opinion are ok, because you'll hardly kill someone with them without a fight to some extent, and they will probably use the skills too. It also makes the duel harder as you have to avoid running out of "force" in the critical situations.

Anyway, time to go,

Decameron

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lando with the pink saber is my model. i play for fun and use whatever methods at my disposal unless everyone starts complaining.

i usually defend other people if they are being ragged on for there strategy. especially those who use pull and overhead swings. if people complain to someone about it they are more then free to use the same strategy in return.

i dont complain if someone outplays me. i deal with it and try to emulate that player to enhance my own skill.

I use whatever means are available to obtain the highest frag count. I would call 'honor' in internet games not using cheats such as hacks/bots or anything like that. I personally get really tired of people whining and crying at me, or for god's sake calling me a 'newb' because I pushed/gripped/drained/ or used a gun when they had their saber out. I'm sorry but if its ffa or team dm or whatever I am under absolutely no obligation to use saber only! What is with people trying to kick people who use guns, after calling them 'cheap' and 'lame' for a while. Some people play the game differently than others, that's all. Maybe you think its 'cheap' or 'lame' that some people do things, but if they aren't CHEATING...then what gives? If you want to play saber only, go to a saber only server. If you want to duel, go to a duel server! Don't come onto servers and harass people because they don't play how you want to, and end up with a higher frag count which irks you. If you are handicapping yourself (which is what it is) by only using light side force powers and the saber only, keep in mind that not everyone chooses to play that way and maybe accept how they play as part of the game. Pushing on Nar Shadda? Of course, if the oppurtunity is there. Grip? Yes. Drain? Yes. Why not? ITS PART OF THE GAME!

Honor is not cheating, which I doubt anyone is right now. Peace.

Code of Honor. Well I guess I never called it that, but it was my basic understand of how to act based on how the movie would go. Here's basically what I stay with:

1.) Use whatever powers you want, however if someone is saying that choke/push/etc. is cheap, prove them wrong by not using it and beating them in a Duel.

2.) While two people are in a Duel, leave them be. Don't come close to them and interupt their fight. If someone else is interupting the fight, take them out by any means possible. People have the right to a fair duel ;)

3.) Guns. I hate them for the most part. Although if someone is using a gun, show them that guns are for the most part useless by deflecting the bullets back at them. If you use the Heavy Repeater's secondary attack, you're simply jipping yourself of a fun game and just racking up frags to prove you are the JK2 god. Learn the lightsaber, learn techniques, and prove yourself with a real weapon.

4.) If someone challenges you to a duel. Never back down. If they win, congradulate them. If you win, commend them, and then rub it in there face a little, just so they come back for more. ;)

5.) While in a duel, this doesn't always apply, but if you are beating them soundly (And you usually can tell), finish them off with a nice move. Show off your skills, if you have them. Backstab them, death from above, whatever looks the coolest to you. Although it's not the nicest thing to do, it will, and I guarantee this, lure more people to want to beat you in a duel. In the end, you just have more duels and more fun.

6.) Be courteous. Don't start smashing people if they are making stupid mistakes. Help them out, you were a newbie once also. If someone is bashing you, protect yourself by challenging them to a duel. If it's too annoying or not fun, leave the server or vote them off the server.

That's all I can think of. Basically I'd say I try to act most like I'm in the movie and do cool moves while being skillful. Practicing until you're good enough to be able to act as a Jedi would and beat someone as a Jedi would makes the game that much more fun. What's the fun in just attacking like a crazy man. You may rank up the frag points, you may not. But you're guaranteed to be bored of the game within a few days. Just have fun, play by the server's rules and don't act cheap. If people are saying something is cheap and they aren't doing it, then don't do it. However, hipocrits are not cool, so if they tell you grip is cheap and then launch you off the ns_streets map with choke, well...level that choke up to 3 and kick some butt. Enjoy!

-Marc

Ok developing a code of honor with force powers is just plain stupid. If any 1 of the powers were unfair and couldnt be dealt with then they wouldnt be in the game. Using one side of the force is very limiting and makes your playing style one sided....

Bowing and sheathing sabers etc. is like etiquette. so thats cool.

Guest HertogJan

My code of Honor:

- I use whatever force power I want, they didn't put them in for nothing

- I'm always Dark Side, since I get more kills that way

- I don't ***** forces; i try to vary my force choise, every force has it's situation where you can use it best: lightning against groups of enemies, push in ns_streets, speed in CTF, drain when you desperately need health etc etc

- I use the lightsaber 95% of all time; the times I don't use it is when it's the rocketlauncher and everybody is shooting and annoying me

- I make compliments (especially in duels, my favorite of course) to people who are good

- I teach n00bs how to weild the saber (I like that, 'weild the saber' although I don't know if I spelled it right :)), like the one strike kill

- In duels, I tend to bow, to show respect and I don't attack people with attracted saber, so I just do the same as they do...

- Dont attack people with retracted lightsaber

- When people say 'no forces', I wont use forces

- If people use forces, I use them too, even 'harmless' forces like speed and forces like 'sabre throw': no forces is no forces

- I dont say bad things to people I dont like, I just ignore them when they're doing things I dont like...

That's about it...

I try to be as honorable as possible, even to those who have none.

To those with guns, I will pull there weapons from them so they understand only a saber can defeat me. If they have the undeflectable projectiles, I push them away, and I wait till the opponent gets my goal. I will crouch and look down as if I was bowing, then I would fight them to the best of my natural abilities.

If the opponent is a dark sider using drain, lightning, grip, or rage, I will use only heal and if I have to, protect. Who ever wins, I will respond to them, good duel.

If the opponent is a light sider, using heal, protect, and mind trick, I will use heal and again if I have to, protect.

If the opponent is either side, being just as honorable or a little, I'll show them the same amount, and will not heal or use bacta during a duel.

For people who are away, I always make sure they are, pushing them to make sure. Usually for people who are AFK, its best to have a lightsaber wielded, but not activated, and go find a nice quiet corner and hope your not struct down heh.

I won't push people off ledges unless they are being an ass, or they are attempting to do the same. I admit sometimes I'll go around walking behind them, and push them off for revenge but, after that its all over and the cycle continues when I'm pushed off again heh. Although I get into the game trying to be all Jedi Like as possible, I still want to unleash the dark side within me...

To people having a hard time, being slaughtered, and in the negatives on the scoreboard, I try to help them out, and not diss them for being a newbie. I mean, the game just came out, can't consider yourself a pro unless you rocked in Jedi Knight, or some other game where you use a melee weapon. I don't consider JK2 a shooter at all, because even in the gun games, usually someone at the top using a lightsaber.

In most of the games I start, it usually becomes a training game. All of us gathering, and dueling fairly, and lots of people observing and commenting. When I see someone just come up from behind and slash them, they just sort of pisses me off, and everyone who's waiting as well. So you should be expecting a angry mob grouping up on you, but I'm not going to go as far as booting this SOB, no way... sitting around and training just gets old and someone like this brings the excitement back in for a few minuites till he finds out he's being grouped by all 15 people on the server, and needs to punch the hyperdrive.

And I'm not here to diss people for having fun in there own way, I'm just trying to say how I play, and how I have fun and thats by playing, and helping people out. Being the best of the server isn't important, finding that good 10 minuite duel is.

Also, another addiction, I find sabering throwing sort of cheap. It does require some skill, and I do think people who get pass my defenses deserve an applause, but really, its not really a saber battle. What I'm looking for, is something thats seen in the movies, even if its as lowsy as Vader vs. Obiwan, or as exciting as Obiwan vs. Darth Maul. To have to dodge a wild flying lightsaber all the time, it sort of makes you paranoid, and when the person finnally decides to fight like me, I'm dead heh. I want to be able to over come this. Again, I'm not posting this message for the people I'm probably dissing in this post, I'm just trying to say how I do my thing, and hope maybe (but doubtfully) I get some followers in my little code. This is of no offense to anyone, and I'm not bragging. I'm not nearly the best, I rarely get to the top of the server, I'm just looking for a Duel of the Fates...

Hmmmm... The only dishonorable thing I've seen is striking down an opponent that is just standing still and has their saber down. This is usually a sign that they're adjusting options in the menu and thus they are not currently playing.

As for not using certain force powers or weapons... Heck... If LucasArts programmed these powers and weapons, then I'm gonna use them. Face it. They're in the game for a reason. I mean, yeah, if I see a large group of people fighting, I'm gonna zap them with Lightning. Or if I have the opportunity to push someone off a ledge, I'm gonna.

I think if people can't live with this, they should go get themselves some other game or play single player.

It's just a game. Enjoy it and stop complaining!!!!

what makes me angry, is people who CONSTANTLY kill you when your trying to make a duel with them. you extinguish your sabre, and then BAM, they grip you, and strike you down. its TERRIBLE! I'm in a tactical ops clan called [Liquid]..if i want to strike somone down, ill do it with me and my boys in tac ops. if i want honour, ill play JKII.

Monkey

until someone comes out with an MP level that has actual mass ammo of bolts and rockets, im going to kill anyone and everyone that moves (and sometimes even those who arent)

but if i can see someone who is obviously chatting, im going to leave them alone

because i prefer the zone over dedicated servers for guns for now, im not going to check my fire for people trying to duel, because, quite simply, in the games im going to be playing, sabering wont be happening.

i dont care otherwise what you are doing. you are dead. also, im going to take your gun until the levels have many guns and lots of ammo (like ji oasis in jk for all you gayberists/new peeps)

when the levels get more ammo, your gun is safe, and im not going to shoot you until you have a satisfactory gun

i guess im not very honorable, huh?

My Code Of Honor:

1. While I will not kill someone with out a waepon out, if someone is just sitting in a corner with a gun, as far as I am concerned they are sniping, and they are an open target.

2. To me, it is obvious when two people are trying to start a duel, so I will not interfer.

3. I will however, use at means of destruction at my disposal, which includes lightning, push, pull, grip, and heal. This is unless it is specified by the server as something that should not be used.

4. Capture The Flag is a team-based game. If one of my team-mates wronged you, I am not going to let you run by me to "get revenge," for the rest of my team is still trying to play yhe game.

5. A duel is a duel. If I make an agreement not to heal, then I will not.

6. I have learned to deal with people pushing me over and attacking me. Learn to get up quicker. :) I will tend to avoid the technique, following the old rule, never hit a man while he's down.

7. And always have fun with it. While trying to maintain a level is honor, and trying to remain civil is fine, make sure that you have fun while doing so.

:fett:

Honor in FFA?

Here are my 10 commandments for FFA

10. Do onto others as they do onto you. If your opponent is using force push/pull/grip excessively then return the favor. If your opponent is not using force powers to push you off a cliff or putting on a chain lighting display; then grow some nutz and have a good clean saber/saber fight.

9. Thou shall kill anyone standing still. (with the obvious exception, that someone is trying to accept a duel). Why you ask?

A. God gave Jedi legs for a reason. Yoda suggests that you utilize them.

B. All campers deserve to die a painful death.

8. Thou shall not cry like a whiny *****, when thy ass is handed to them. When you get your ass kicked, just accept it and learn from it. Don't accuse others of cheating, or being cheap to kill you because you didn't like the method in which you died. NEWSFLASH-99% of the people who die, didn't get to choose the way they died. Also, don't flame someone who chose to use a missile launcher at you while you had a lightsaber. That's FFA. Excessive whining about lag should also be avoided nor discussed. 1-Deal with it. or 2-Leave the server.

7. Thou shall not make an asshole of one's self. On the contrary to the above law, if you kill someone, not matter what the skill level of your opponent, you should not degrade that person because of their ability. When you hear statements like this:

<<I use whatever means are available to obtain the highest frag count. >>

That breeds one thing=ASSHOLES. Highest frag count only matters in one place, a LAN tourny. Getting the highest frag count on an open server to justify being an ASSHOLE is gay. I am not saying that everyone who wins a level is an ASSHOLE. These are the people who have double the score of the next highest person. 90% of the time, these are the spawn killers, excessive push/grip, and ALT+Repeaters. Basically, these are the idiots of the gaming society and why game designers have to incorporate kick options for the server admin.

6. If thou are dominating fellow jedi (large score spread), thou shall test new unused abilities. This means, if your score is vastly larger than anyone else’s, perhaps you should cut back on the grip/push just a little, and maybe hone some of your other skills and or weapons.

5. Thou shall lead by example. If there is an apparent "newb", asking for help to bind keys, wall-run, learn new moves. It is everyone’s duty not to criticize the person; but rather help. That's what makes a fun and balanced community for any game, and to help have a longer lasting community.

4. Thou shall not interrupt a duel. Your time shall come for "learning" the ways of the force. Do not stop others from doing the same thing. Cheap kills breeds one thing (refer to commandment #7).

3. Die with honor. Accept thy fate. If you are in a duel and getting your ass handed to you, and are running like a chicken looking for bacta-STOP. Accept thy fate. Not only should you stop, but you should lower your light saber and turn your back to your new master-so that you can die with honor.

2. Thou shall use any weapon available. That's right. I personally prefer the lightsaber only. Thou should use the appropriate weapon for the situation. If someone is coming at you with a saber, you should use a saber in return. If someone is purposely charging you with a repeater/missle launcher while you have a saber, use any means necessary to destroy the person (any power). If you prefer one on one matches with honor all the time, may I suggest Rune? Though should try to fight with honor, but Jedi FFA is not a perfect world.

1. Thou shall kill anyone not you. Pretty obvious, but this is not the Sims. Do not drag out a fight when it doesn’t have to. Kill all opponents in a timely manner. Do not confuse this rule with spawn killing etc (see commandment #7).

That's it. Those are the 10 commandments Yoda handed down to me, after I carried him a 100 miles on my shoulders through a swamp.

Anyone looking for a decent match, drop me a line.

Punisher.

I usually play with friends, and we play with some loosely agreed upon rules (this is while dueling):

1) Saber unlit = no attacking.

2) Any saber force powers allowed, plus push, pull, speed, jump, any other neutral ones I've forgotten about, plus seeing and mindtrick (though we rarely use the last two)

3) Kicking is generally acceptable, except as a replacement for using the saber (i.e. doing it at a good dramatic moment is good, doing it constantly until the other person dies is not good)

4) Basically aim for fun, cinematic duels.

The more cool moves that get into the duel, the better the duel is. nothing worse than 5 minutes of missing eachother until one person happens to hit.

Ive been plying duel servers mostly and Ive noticed there are alot of cheap push+strong attack ers out there.

i tried it a couple times but there was no satisfaction in it. :p

-I like the Bowing Idea with saber unlit

-I prefer an honest match with lots of Saber locks.

-I think saber throw is acceptable

-I use darkside grip but forget about the other ones.

-I generally try to be courtious to whatever rules are on the server. ie if they dont want saber throw etc.

-I much prefer saber combat to gun play. Ill use a lighstaber way before switching to a gun.

Okay, I may not belong here, because I've yet to do the multiplayer thing. However, I think I have something worth posting, so...

Big fan of the original trilogy. Then I saw ep1, and thought the dueling was a little more 'Forcy' than in the original. Then I got Jedi Outcast, and decided it's predecessors had probably influenced things. In any case, I reckon I'm old-school when it comes to playing the game.

Whenever I get around to multiplayer, I won't bother to bow, but I will be a decent fellow. I'll stick to the saber, because guns lack subtlety. I enjoy Vader's signature use of the Dark Side, which I like the most; lightning is also fun, but not as much. I think ranged-attack force powers are there for jedi who stick with the lightsaber (like me), which I won't throw about that often; it's our best defence, after all.

I will probably deathgrip-then-push someone off a cliff if the occasion arises, but only in a dramatic fashion; I don't fling someone upward, I raise them slowly off the ground. ;) And I imagine it's fun to counter someone's every attack before crushing their throat from a distance...

Boy Great thread!!

Honor? I'm really torn on this one. Im a 30 year old attorney. Im a US Army vet and a martial artist and that causes me to agree with both sides of this issue. I am a star wars collector. I have read every novel. I saw all the movies over 50 x each. I saw the movies each when they came out originally in the movies. I am a star wars fanatic. I was a major player of Dark Forces, DF2, XWing, Tie Fighter, Rebel Assault, Shadows, Rogue and all of the other games. Im a collector card game NUT. I tell you this only so u will see I'm no NOOB, or some punk kid ranting here.

My personal PREFERENCE or GAMESTYLE is the follwing:

1. I prefer light side

2. I prefer saber (75%), but will definitely use guns (25%)

3. NEVER kill someone who has no weapon out or sabre not ignited

4. Accept ALL duels regardless of health or force.

5. Use force powers whenever u want. Its part of what gives the game its unique flavor

6. Respect the servers rules. If u dont ull get booted anyway so just play nice.

7. In FFA games use any tactic to kill, but dont kill those without weapons on. If u want to attack others in a duel or something do it. Especially if u r Sith. Last time I looked Sith r the bad guys, evil, no good HELLO!!!

8. In FFA without being specified by the server screw standing around forever watching u are taking up spots for other players. I will attack u if the server is not specified. I will not however whine about 6 people ganging up to sabref*ck me as soon as they notice.

9. MOST IMPORTANT- HELP ANYONE WHO ASKS FOR HELP TO LEARN THE GAME. The game will die w/o a constant flow of newbies to learn the game. I will ALWAYS help anyone who asks for help to learn. I HATE the p*ssies who treated me like cannon fodder and ignored my requests for help when I first started. I still hunt them when I see them. Now though I don't die as easily, but strangly they do. Huh?

10. I dont bow, (lame to me) but I will never attack someone who bows. We do it in martial arts, but i dont like wasting my time here no one ever bows in the movies or books.

11. I use sabre throw in sabre only fights and others. I have heard some people say this isnt in the movies, but that is BS Vader threw his sabre at Like in the movies. Come on at least watch the movies before u comment!

12. Compliment a good kill.

13. Limit the whining

14. HAVE FUN

15. NO INSULTING newbies teach them or lead by example making fun of them just ruins the game. If I see u do it I will hunt u down and kill u.

16. Dont be an ass. Try to be nice to everyone.

17. Be able to accept the consequences of your actions. If I shoot someone with a rocket I think it is cool as hell if they send it back at me.

18. Use guns if u want and the server allows. Ammo is limited and no one seems to state or realize this fact. Other than the repeater, and thermal dets most guns suck against good sabre wielders or good movers. Its hard to target a leaping running Jedi. Its suppposed to be! I love it when, as usual, I have sabre defense set up to the highest possible and someone shoots about a hundred blaster rounds at me. Not only is it cool to watch and very flavorful and faithfull to star wars, but I usually get a frag by deflecting back into them!!! dooh!

It is just a game. Note I called these my preferences and game style because its a game. not real life. In a game u do need to be respectful, but if I sabre u to the back to get a kill on a FFA server DEAL with it or whop my ass. Honor isnt the point and if u fight that way (especially as Sith) u may be a better roleplayer than I am. I do some of the roleplaying and think that the roleplaying aspect is what makes the star wars universe so immersive and the gaming experience so much fun. Where else do u get to pretend to be a Jedi Knight. I always dreamed of being Luke as a kid and now I can become him for a few hours in a game WOW how cool is that. I never realized how sucky it would be to be a storm trooper trying to kill Luke until I played as one using only weapons no sabre. WOW how cool.

The main point is that the game world is just an extension of the real world full of diverse people whose interests and ideas of what is fun are just as different.

Dont rag on someone for using or playing the game as it was made, rag on hackers or cheaters. Dont rag on mods if you dont want them stay on pure servers. Dont rag on servers who run their server the way they want. ITS THEIR SERVER. Basically there r alot of whiners and alot of good players with a mix in between. Most of us just play and have fun, but people dont take yourself too seriously and teach people what u dont like by either telling them (there's a novel idea dont insult teach), or just hunt them down and sabre their ass.

Well ther's my rant. If u agree with some of what I said great if not great too. But remeber

-IF YOU WANTS SOME, COME GET SOME- see ya online

Great thread by the way..

Though I go with the flow I prefer saber deuls (no force is prefered). When I use force I will use pretty much anything except drain and heal.

I like the old school way (ala JKI and in the movie Empire Stricks Back) of walking up to a opponent, turn the saber so they touch then go to town.

Most of the people I play against are respectable and have a good sense of humor. That is something I have missed from multiplayer games.

I have my moments but usually I suck at the deuls (probably due to time to sit and play. Also cuz I play the single player till I can't figure out a puzzle or im too drunk to comprehend it then go online). But suck as I may im hooked on it.

Hope to play against some of ya

Doog Vader

I've found this game is a great deal more fun with a code of honor. Here's mine:

- Sabre only. Even in gun-filled FFA games. When you become skilled with the sabre guns start to look more and more lame by comparison. Taking out a room full of gun maniacs with a sabre is far more satisfying. The only time I might use a gun is to countersnipe people I can't easily reach, even then I'll probably just avoid them.

- Light Side Force only. The Dark side is faster, easier, as one would expect. But if you're skilled in the light side you can be nearly invulnerable. Not only is it a better challenge, but it uses more finesse and skill. I don't think there's anything wrong with the Dark Side, mind you, I just prefer Light Side.

- Always bow before a Duel, sabre off. If for no other reason than it adds a great deal more depth to the game. Even if the other guy is trying to hack at me I'll still try bow first.

- Never attack anyone who is AFK or having lag issues. A cheap kill is just that, cheap. It has no meaning for me. If someone asks me to hold up a sec, I'll stop and wait till he's ready. Sure he could just be trying to catch me off-guard, but if he's really having problems any kills I would have gotten would mean nothing.

- Never attack someone with their Sabre off. That's just a common protocol so it's simply rude to violate that. There is one glaring exception, and that's on Duel servers. Even on Duels I won't attack you right away with your sabre off, but if you're on the duel server you are clearly there to fight me, since there's no one else there. Therefore having your sabre off only means that you're gauging me, or trying to psych me out. If you don't want me to attack you, tell me. Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned as soon as we bow the Duel is on.

- ALWAYS respect your opponent. Not only does this include the above three items but doing things like saying GL or GG or GF. If someone does something I find impressive I let him know. I will NEVER throw insults at someone, that's rude and childish. If I'm playing with friends and poepl I know I might talk smack with them, but this is never done in anger and is simply part of the game. If someone throws insults at me I shrug it of and just ignore them, they mean nothing to me. On the other hand, if my opponent asks me how to do a manuvre or how to do taunts or how to configure Froce powers, etc., I'll help him out, everytime. Not only do I like helping people, but teaching them to become better players will only give me a better challenge, which is a great deal more entertaining. Respect for your opponent has a great deal of in-game advantages, as you will rarely underestimate him, and you will usually learn a great deal more from him.

- Always try to use your skills to the best of your abilities. If I can use Force powers I will, that's what they're there for. I'm not going to hold back just to avoid being called a cheap bastard. If you beat me because I wasn't doing my best the kill will mean nothing, and I won't learn anything from the encounter. I don't like people who ask you not to use force powers because they don't want to deal with them. I have heal and I will use it whenever I can. That's what it's there for. This doesn't make me a "heal *****", it makes me a more challenging opponent. I will use the pull kick combo if I think it will work. Some people think that's cheap, but it's not, there is a counter to everything in the game, regaurdless of wheather you're light or dark. Learning these counters is part of the game. I will do my best in any duel and I expect you to do the same. I want you to use all your "cheap dark side tricks", that way I can learn how to counter them. Using Force powers makes the game more tactically interesting than simply running around trying to hack eachother. Still if everyone on a server agrees not to use any force powers then I will agree to that. Simply because that is the majority consensus, if I don't like it I can always leave and join a different server. In fact I've often done that.

- Learn from both defeat and victory. If you kill me I won't complain about it, I'll congratulate you on your victory and learn from it. If I defeat you I won't rub it in, never. I'll thank you for the challenge and say something like "GF". This goes back to respecting your opponent.

Perhaps not so ironically I tend to subscribe to the Jedi code as far as my code of honor goes, and it actually goes a long way towards adding a great deal to the game as well as helping you progress that much further. Things like remaining calm in a fight, not letting your emotions control you, these are all thing I keep in mind when I'm playing. I think it's funny that most (not all) people that don't have a code of honor beyond "kill everything" tend to be Dark side users, while Light side users almost all tend to have a more detailed code of honor. How so very appropriate, wouldn't you say? Sure it might sound stupid to some people, but like these same people have said, it's just a game, there's no reason why I shouldn't enjoy it as much as possible. And that is perhaps the most important thing to keep in mind. It's a game, so have fun. For me this code of honor only serves to make the game more fun, not more restrictive.

On a final note, it's important to say that I don't push these ethics on anyone. If people want to lob rockets into duels I won't tell them I think that's wrong. If poeple yell that using force powers is cheezy I won't agrue that I disagree with them. I have my own opinion based on what I think makes the game more fun, and I understand that you have your own opinions on the same thing. If I really don't like the way you play I can just leave.

p.s. And if you made it this far than I must thank you for listening to my most humble opinion :)

Archived