Home

What's your code of honor?

Mattman

My code of honor is simple,

1) Never, and i mean NEVER, attack two people when they are dueling.(only attack the person who breaks that code by interupting a duel, and only to get him off their back, When they do this, i no longer have respect for that player)

2)Saber's only.

3)Light side only.

4)don't push ppl down then attack.

5)I try to always turn my saber off and bow, unless the unhonorable guy at the other end comes in saber wailing.

6)Never TK, not even if you were tk'd, whether it was on purpose or not, never TK PERIOD.

7)Team score comes before persoanal score.

8)never attack a player who just spawned or is just standing there,(unless it is by accident because i get spooked when i run around a corner and BOOM, there he is)

9)Only force push a guy off a ledge if he is running around like a chicken with his head cut off, or try's to push/grip me off a ledge, how lame is that.

10)lightning is for Lameoids, so is drain, so is grip.

11)always congradulate the winner, unless he pulls an ell cheapo and inturupts a duel by attacking both myself and my opponent, killing one or both of us.

12)Always try to challange before dueling and never refuse a chalange, no matter the situation(i even challange ppl when i have 12 health, it's all for fun for me)

This game is about fun and not whether i win or loose. We all like to win, but as long as my opponents don't cheat, or play cheap, i have had fun. I only get pissed off if my opponents decide to play without honor, but will always be honerable about my play style.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My "play code" is Hannibal's Law - Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth.

I holster my saber, and will never be the first to attack. Don't attack me, and I let you pass to murder my teammates who are trying to use force powers on other teammates in the spawn areas :rolleyes: and continue on with my business like I never even saw you. I'm not surprised how little amount of players have the will power to choose their battles wisely.

I only use force powers when spammed by the enemies force powers, or when the enemy decides he needs himself and 6 other teammates just to take me, thus evening the odds(except of couse force jump).

I'm a very passive player. I'll simply walk, not run, around and fight when fought and show respect when shown respect.

- bow before duels with saber off.

- use unblockable attack as a "desperation" move / last ditch effort for the kill.

- never attack an unarmed opponent.

- try to not be so dramatic.

- always greet your dueling opponent "gl" (good luck).

- always end a duel with "gf" (good fight) regardless who wins.

I try to get one kill with each weapon available.....

THEN I'll start just doing whatever

As to push, pull, grip on ledge-maps...... Well I feel that the reason for these maps IS the ledges.... Why not use them... I dont complain if I get shoved off and I love the humor of force-pushing an in-comming high jumper and watching him fall short

Its about fun

I dont hold other's to my play style

and I am offended when others judge my play by their style.

My basic unwritten rules...

If I play Dark Jedi, I usually play more ruthlessly, jump from above onto someone, slashing. Drain, grip, pushing people off cliffs and walkways... I try not to take that too far, like if I know a dude is about to die because I watched him in a fight I won't try any sneak attack garbages. Or if I see a Jedi hanging around seemingly not doing nothing, I will push/pull him in a way he doesn't die and if he moves then I will attack... its really stupid to kill someone because they are afk/net lag problems..

As a Good Jedi, I generally seek out Dark Jedi and try to get their force powers by using absorb/heal...and dueling it out with Sabers...I try to be creative and like wall walking and doing outrageous jumps to make my fights last longer and more memorable...the great thing with this game is witha good opponent a saber duel can take 1-5 minutes and be very cinematic...

One thing that maybe SHOULD become an unwritten rule... when two players start a duel.. I turn off my saber and sometimes watch (especially if its good players, to learn some tips or something) I don't attack anyone else.. I just sit back and watch this duel... Not all duels interest me so I keep playing..

This one map a few other players followed my lead cuto ff hteir sabers and just watched.. but there had to be that ONE FOOL, a few minutes into the match that thought it would be cute as pissed on cheese, to attack everyone from behind with a heavy slash to the back... THat's just gay as hell.. and if you don't know why please drink ammonia.

Some of you people must get killed a LOT if you're just standing around watching lightsaber duels in a FFA game...

Bowing... you do know that you aren't a Jedi Knight and that they are just characters in a movie... right? Right?

The best game I've played so far was on a server with 5 other players. It was saber only / force disabled.

The code of honor in that game was simple -

1- Challenge anyone you want - fight to the death (no running away looking for medpacks to heal)

2- Do not interfere with the duels of other players / do not attack someone with their saber off who is watching a duel.

What made that so great was the true sportsmanship of the game. You really get a chance to see who the better player is and nobody tries to get in any cheap kills.

Just a thought

D.A. :saberg:

As a player, I will follow the wishes of the other players regarding game style. I recognize that they sometimes have different and strong opinions as to how the game should be played (as evidenced in this thread). If I don't like the rules, I will find a server that suits me better. If the rules conflict with my standard conduct, I will adapt to the rules if I wish to stay in the server.

Sometimes, people want to duel on a FFA server. That's OK. Once I figure it out, I'll join in. However, it's all or nothing. If 4 out of 10 want to stand around and duel, they are sniper fodder. Of course, the other 6 out of 10 will be preferred targets, since they are obvious threats.

My usual in-game philosophy:

I play dark side. I am a soldier. As such, if I die, I must have done something wrong. If you died, I must have done something right. There is no honor in dying, nor is there any honor in killing. Therefore, honor is irrelevant to the task at hand.

I will sometimes bow. This lures the more "noble" warriors into a false sense of mutual chivalry. I will use every tool at my disposal. To do less would be unthinkable. This is life and death we are talking about.

I try to keep my back to the wall. Only a fool sits near a ledge when the Force is in use. Also, snipers love to catch you unaware from behind. I know I do.

I sometimes run around with my saber off. This is because it is much quieter and less visible at a distance.

If I can dispose of the enemy(ies) at a distance without engaging them, then I have staged a successful attack.

If I close in to engage the enemy, the momentary distraction of hand-to-hand combat may lead to my death from a third party. This is to be expected. The risks must be weighed.

If I am severely wounded, continuing to fight is pointless. It is far better to retreat and return in ambush with all of my faculties restored.

Teamplay is necessary in a team game. Hogging the resources, and failing to aid a teammate are self-defeating. Once again,... not a question of honor.

Good vs. Evil are terms applied by the ritual-bound Jedi to describe the restrained Jedi vs. enlightened, unfettered Sith. "That's not FAIR!" is a phrase used only by the losing side.

I follow simple rules, I play so that I personally win or my team wins, in CTF games I generally play defensive and help my team with the caps.

I feel that honor isn't defined by what particular rules you use when playing a game, but how you react if someone else plays a way you feel is unfair, if you just nod and carry on playing, that's good. If you get annoyed and start flaming, that's bad.

Originally posted by Rogue74

Some of you people must get killed a LOT if you're just standing around watching lightsaber duels in a FFA game...

Bowing... you do know that you aren't a Jedi Knight and that they are just characters in a movie... right? Right?

Bahahahaha...:). Now here is a sensible well balanced person.

All you honor fan boys should let one of your friends see the crap you write on a gaming board(like a intervention). Maybe their laughter will bring you to your senses......ITS JUST A GAME.

Boy In A Wheelchair

I play dirty if I have to. But if there's anything I do, it's play with style.

So, I'll pretty much stay away from cheap bugs like using the heavy stance jumping attack a lot or using the same guns over and over again. I'll grip and toss some people occasionally or push them off ledges, but I'd prefer killing them with a nicely placed light saber slash or a blaster shot.

-Caster

Originally posted by Supa_Dav

My code of honor is simple,

4)don't push ppl down then attack.

erm......why? I don't think there's anything wrong with this, myself. I've fragged people after having this done to me while they attacked. I use it to frustrate my opponent, which is half the battle, imo.....

This is a good thread, as I was on a server last night in Bespin, a lot of us were duelling on the platform and telling everyone else that doesn't want to duel to stay away, but there were some guys who just ignored this and kept coming to the platform and annoying us. Now my take on this is, if people want to duel, let them, if you want to go random killing, go elsewhere. I used to be a random backstabbing killer until last night, I enjoyed the roleplaying so much I now follow my own code:

- Don't attack someone who's saber is not drawn

- When entering a duel, bow

- Don't attack from behind, it's very cowardly

- TRY not to swear! ;)

- Lightsaber only!!

I also tend to stick to using Heavy stance but sometimes change to a light stance if I think my opponent is near death, then a couple of light swings of my saber should defeat him/her.

Im saber most of the time, only use guns if people try to alt-rep me in CTF games. I usually ALWAYS try and push projectiles back at people to show them that their precious splash weapons arent all that. I always bow and if someone is walking to me with their weapon holstered, i count them as fair game. One thing i hate is when PEOPLE COMPLAIN about force powers. They CAN be countered but its not easy.

I only use saber and light force powers, even in gun servers.

I rarely use push, and NEVER use it to push ppl off ledges, that is purely lame and annoying.

I do use kicks (Im sure ppl know how to do it by now) and that is the only sort of "push" I do, wich I consider a skillful way of pushing ppl since its not as easy as it looks like to perform under lag conditions.

I only heal in the end of a duel (a non challenged duel during FFA) so I can be at full health in the end, otherwise I try to kill purely by skill and not by "healing while running away then try to deliver the finishing hit" tactics I see some ppl using on servers.

I used to use protect but not anymore, speed I dont like to use but I like it when others use, for some reason I find it easier to hit when the others are using speed and Im at normal speed (go figure since its supposed to do the opposite)

I always bow with light saber turned off before a fight (like someone said in this thread, its really becoming popular to do this, you imediatly see the honorable and the ones just out to kill you by any means).

I only use push and other "throw off ledges" stuff (wich everyone hates, me included) if and only IF there are grippers/pushers/the general stinkers who like to ruin everyone's fun.

I dont use saber throw period (dont even have points assigned to it).

I dont think I missed anything from my code of honor.

:wstupid:

I am usually on the Darkside...

I only use my Force push and lightning. But my lightning use is usually to clear out peeps who gang up on me, or if I am on a offensive rampage. Otherwise my lightning stays in my pocket and I use Push and Jump!

I usually go on a vengeance after people who gun me while i am in a 4 person or 3 person battle. I hate that, especially when I am going to win! :D

Other then that, I go wih the flow of the other people on the server! :)

Honor allows a person to enjoy a game without feeling insulted or put down. My code is like this:

1. In FFA games, pull out all the stops, but complement the guys who frags you, even if they fail to return the favor.

2. In duel, I talk to the others about the duelers fighting abilities, and try and learn from their mistakes: and prepare to frag the winner ;) )

3. In team games, the team score is more important then anything else, but don't insult the opposing team. They could have more frags but not capture the flag very often.

4. As for force powers, I try and vary each one. Killing one person with the same force power is foolish, and displays a lack of immagination.

5. If you have to leave, wait till the end of the game, or tell that you have to go, so you don't look like your wineing.

I'm going to learn from the rest of you guys and start bowing!

:)

Alright.

My first post in these forums...and hopefully not the last one.

To be honest, I haven´t read all of the replies after finding out that most of them simply posted their code of honor, as I will do now.

First of all: Most of the time I spend in MP I play Duel as I like it a lot.

I always use the DarkSide and I use all forces available (also drain, lightning and grip). Why I do so? Because it´s possible.

In my opinion this is ok as my opponent has the same possibilities and after all...god damn it I´m a Jedi, I have special skills, why shouldn´t I use them? ;)

I have to say that normally I only play Duel on servers where Force is disabled or stricktly limited to ForceJump.

On FFA Servers my Code of Honor is different.

I don´t use weapons and I never will use weapons. My config is for saber/force fights only...

If I get attackted by some guy with heavy weapons...it´s his frag but I don´t care.

I don´t run arround in the map looking for ongoing duels...just waiting for the duel to be over to kill the winner.

And I don´t attack ppl who are obviously trying to get a duel with someone else.

Force on FFA? Almost never. I don´t like it, it takes too long for me to scroll through the forces and I don´t like attacking ppl which are in a fight atm (although I sometimes think about it...)

That´s basicly my code of honor.

For any mistakes in this post I am very sorry. After all, I´m just a German trying to get along in english forums...I hope it´s more or less clear what I´m trying to say. ;)

Archived