Home

What's your code of honor?

Mattman

Hello again,

I did not think i would be posting on this thread again but i feel there are further points I would like to make.

There are a few comments regarding winning by any means. These guys (or Gyals) are missing the point with the code of honour i think. I am sure that most of them will be grip/drain/heavy attack types (yeah you all know these fellas)

I think that perhaps what they fail to see is that the art of duelling is much more focused on sabre skills as opposed to making sure that their kill ratio is the best or whatever and by that I mean that it is fair play, total equality and "sportsmanship" that take precedence over all else.

I my self was a Drain and Lightning fellow until a couple of days ago. I realised the error of my ways when somebody totally wiped the floor with me with my exact same tactics and I saw how "Lame" they were. And since my conversion to the light side "Heal/Absorb" I haven't looked back. My Sabremanship (is that a word) is 10 times better now and I can rest asssured that my victory wasn't simply because I had stolen my opponents force powers.

The victories that I have now are soooo much sweeter and far more rewarding.

As for these dudes that love to simply grip and drain you until they can simply finish you off, WATCH YOUR ARSE. I have absolutely no problem blowing them away with a blaster to give them a taste of lameness. This may sound dishonourable but these dudes DO spoil the game when you are playing on a "Honourable Server," where everyone is complying to the rulez that are being used at that time.

Lastly and most importantly:-

I have noticed on some servers that there is an inordinate amount of people calling fellow players "FAGS, HOMOS, GAYS, QUEERS," I personally am not gay but find this extremeley offensive when these words are used. Children do play this game and as such a level of decency should be retained. I for one do not want my kids to grow up calling classmates fags adnd the like. It is a sign of utter ignorance.

Racist Abuse.

Ihope this doesnot upset any of my american brethren but I saw on one server a dude called DARKNIGHT69 calling a fellow player with an Islamic name a Raghead and a F-Ing MUslim so and so. I know that September the 11th is still very fresh in all our minds and that it was the single most tragic event any of us have probably witnessed but can't people please have a little dignity and remember that this poor guy was probably just as gutted as any of us. It was not the Muslim faith that did this but a small minority of sick people. Please be dignified and act with out prejudice.

This is a long rant I know but for those that have read this far I thank you.

I wish good peaceful vibes to all and hope I can sever your limbs in the carbon chamber very soon.

Yours

Maff (Jah Warrior)

Big respect to the Dragon Brotherhood

Rascal, Azz Didier and DOrian

:cool:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually play Saber only even on gun servers.

I use the Force as well as I can. Since I dont use guns, I have no problem in puching the rocket back to it's owner. Quite fun even(Wish we could see the player's surpized face).

I use both sides of the force... it depends on the mood since I find the neutral force powers the more helpful.

I usually find one opponent or two who like to duel me occasionally on a server. I play quite fair then. On Duel levels sometimes players agreed only to use neutral even though light/dark powers were available.

Usually there's no honor, respect or codes when everybody's in a huge saber mosh pit and you can die from all sides... that's when things get nasty and even the purest of Jedis can succumb to the temptation of just start sabering and forcing everyone around.

This is my code of honor, but I wouldn't call it that, I would call it my list of weaknesses that I am to lazy to remedy. Why not remedy them? Because I play games to get away from the things in life that are required I do: I don't want to be required to do anything in games, I just do what I know how to do and have fun doing.

Anyway, that said so I don't get any trolls on my ass, here's my code:

Lighsaber only--it's too annoying to be constantly switching weapons, plus if I wanted to shoot stuff I would be playing quake.

Max saber skills first, then neutral force powers like jump, push, and pull.

Light force only (if using non-neutral at all), mainly heal

In a FFA I will do what the majority of people are doing--if it has turned into a dueling server, I'm all for it, although I prefer big mosh pits with the occasional duel off to the side.

I like to use sabers but if the situation calls for a gun, then so be it. I use force and i will use push or grab to make people fall into pits. Ill kill afks and people typing because its not a chat room its a game, and if your afk thats your problem not mine. I use any method to win except cheating. But i love the saber and i hope they come out with mods to make legit double sabers and stuff like that. Maybe even a dual-wielded saber or something.

My "Code of Honor" :

- Pure Lightside

- Saber Only

- Try to aim for the top(best score) while having fun of course :cool:

- Always accept duels

- Avoid killing AFK'ers

- NEVER whine :)

- Bow(if your opponent isn't a n00b that goes crazy with red mode)

- Always fight with yellow sabre mode(not much for a honor code)

Hi,

Generally, I tend to stick to the Sabre & the light side of the force.

For the powers, the ones I use most are speed and jump, but if an opponent is sticking to guns, i try to pull them in.

I tend to use the light and medium styles most as I prefer speed to hitting power.

I usually try to do the backwards stab at least one frag in 5 because I think it looks cool.

If someone has their back to me and appear to be holding a weapon, I will taunt them - but I do move in as I do it to draw them into a sabre fight. If they don't react, then I tend to jump over them to try and get a reaction. This has led to me being fragged occasionally. I don't tend to type messages in, because I am concentrating more on keeping my character moving.

Mostly, my code of honour is when sabre fighting, just look cool.

Regs

In FFA, I generally take to the guns. Why? Because they are there for a purpose :p . However, I won't gun down somebody with a saber if a) they are standing there, trying to get me to duel or trying to get someone else to duel, or b) is already attacking someone else, 1 on 1, with the saber, but not in a duel.

When there's a big party in a room full of sabers, I typically shoot them down if a) they are using force grip, b) they are using lightning, and c) if I have a vendetta against one of them (say, if they shot me while I was waiting to duel).

Above all, I use the Light forces Absorb/Heal/Pull/Speed. I won't use Push because even if I don't mean it, I sometimes push people to their deaths. And frankly I can't stand that way of fragging. I was essentially forced into learning Absorb/Heal after joining some of my first matches, when I was Gripped off a ledge too many times to count.

Oh, and last night I was pushed to my death 3~5 seconds after challenging one guy to a duel. Same thing happened with another. Which is sad, because I like dueling on the Streets.

- Twitch

This is weird.....

No 1 talks bout honor in Cs??? like u say here...

If u can kill a guy KILL HIM (if he got his guard up that is) the method of killing is not important....

If a guy drains u and grips u then throws u down a hole... Many consider that an easy kill to a saber duel kill... i dont... It doesnt really take less skill to kill a guy that way.... If ur oponent is skilled he knows how to fight back... If he is skilled he whould have avoid being drained....

There is 1 thing that is easy killing though... pushing a guy in a pit when hes jumping.... that is moralless...

Btw there is no Honor in killing :p

When there's a big party in a room full of sabers, I typically shoot them down if a) they are using force grip, b) they are using lightning, and c) if I have a vendetta against one of them (say, if they shot me while I was waiting to duel).
I tried that once and I suddenly had a lovely rainbow of lightsabers raining blows down on my head. Sure was pretty. :p

I see this bowing in a duel as pretty silly. Nice thought but dumb. I say lets get it on but I do follow the flow of the server. I generally use saber only but if I start getting smoked while I'm trying to duel you can bet I'll be back to even things up.

I really feel bad when I'm not sure if a guy is going the try to issue a challenge or not and I saber him just as he give's me the challenge signal. I always apologize for that. However, I've been sabered the same way numerous times.

I hate cheaters and refuse to cheat for any reason. I really don't see the point to playing a game where the odds are stacked in my favor right from the start. I enjoy a challenging game.

Great to see a thread regarding honor during internet games.

Personally, I live by the following set of self-imposed "rules":

- Sabre Only

- Pure Light Side

- - Full Jump

- - Full Absorb

- - Full Speed

- - Full Attack

- - Full Defence

- - Full Throw

- - plus 2 levels of Heal if Force level is set to Jedi Master

- Never Use Push/Pull

- Always Accept a Duel

- Always Offer a Duel Before Attacking (if they refuse and there's no valid reason, I lose some respect for them)

- Always Cut Loudmouthed Idiots Down to Size (idiots that sit there calling others n00bs, usually they are crap players anyway)

- Never Interrupt Someone Else's Fight

- Always Cut Rude Players Down to Size (fight interrupters, players who attack others from behind without consent, players who attack people with their sabre disengaged, players who use the ultra lame guns (repeater alt fire = mega lame), and players that use lame force powers like Drain when the server is set to no force (this is a damn cheat))

- Don't Use Heal Unless Server Has a Jedi Master Force Setting

Playing with these limitations, usuallly still wins me the game on FFA Sabre Only servers, so it's not all that limiting. Either that or the other players are incredibly bad at the game, which isn't the case, since I know most of them now.

Honor is becoming more and more apparent the more I play, and many dishonorable players have since spawned into very honorable players, which is quite surprising. They obviously understand that you can enhance your fun by roleplaying a little bit and having some respect for your fellow Jedi.

Anybody that calls me an idiot or whatever for playing by some kind of honor code just gets a simple 'well i beat you didn't i?' response from me. This is usually followed by their response of 'duel me again then n00b'. And so the amusement continues...

As someone who only just got the game and isn't all that good at it, my code is to take any kill I can. If that means pushing people off a cliff or choking them continually, I'll do it. Most of the servers I've played on have done that anyways. As I get better, I'll use other means, but for now I'll take whatever I can get.

Hey Darth Bob, Miasma, I've dueled both of you before, so you know how my code of honor goes. For everyone else, its pretty simple, I play mostly duel, and I will bow before one and will not strike a man with a saber turned off. I dont kill people with connection problems, but I will kill someone if they have been afk for a long time and still are when I'm dueling them. I dont ask people to bow to me when dueling, but I do ask them to be respectful and not attack me while I do, I bow with an extinguished light saber, but I've had enough practice in acting quickly to be able to fend off a n00b's cheapshot attack during bowing unharmed. Thats really about all. Oh and I play saber only, and usually in a no force duel server.

An interesting variation to the bowing protocol in a 1 on 1, is to saber-off, bow, and look straight at the ground, and then use your Jedi Reflexes (i.e. surround sound) to listen to your opponent and light the saber for a block at the exact moment they jump at you.

Good speakers are a must for this one though.

The code of my clan, [FW]:

- Thou Shalt Not Cheat (Hack)

- Thou Shalt Not Exploit Bugs in the Game (Supergrip, Bunny hop etc.)

- Thou Shalt Not Act Like A Right Wanker (If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all)

- Thou Shalt Not Persecute Newbies (Just because they're newcomers to the game, doesn't make them second class citizens.)

- Thou Shalt Always Define Thy Games Correctly (Old JK rule, applies to JO in that going into a FFA guns level and screaming at people for shooting you is a no-no, as is tricking someone into a game they didn't want to play)

- Thou Shalt Not Commit Minor Acts of Dishonour on Purpose (Like

- Thou Shalt Resist the Dark Side (No swearing at people for killing you, no ranting about how you're such a great player.)

Basically anything that isn't specified on the clan honour code page, ain't dishonourable to us.

Frankly, the thing that annoys me the most on JO servers is people who expect others to play the way they want to play, and calling it their "code." People who call you dishonourable for shooting them with a Flechette, are prime examples.

Surely, a lot of people playing this game are doing because of the whole star wars escapism thing.. so it makes sense to act like a jedi, or sith, or stormtrooper, or whatever.

I always use the light side, and as such I try to act accordingly. I keep Force Pull handy because it evens things up against gun-users. On the other-hand, I will use guns in some rare situations (like when there clearly isn't a single honourable person on the server). I always accept a challenge, and try to be fair in it.. I don't get to play much (wife, job, social life etc (yeah.. you can be a SW geek and have those things...)) and haven't known about the bowing thiong untill reading this thread, but I will respect it in the future. I always use the light stance.. I think the stances were added to reflect different jedi's fighting styles, so I think any one jedi is only likely to use one (and I'm seriously lame with slow styles in any game). My main querk is to use the backstab, since it is lethal, but present an unprotected target to the enemy.

But this is because I play as a jedi.. I get off on the whole SW thing enough that I don't get worked up if a Sith player plays like a dirty little sh*t. (And most people do seem to play as Sith.)

Likewise, if someone wants to be a stormtrooper.. you can't really diss their use of guns.

I have tried on several occasions, to watch duels happening. But you die. It would be really cool if someone could develop a mod (or patch, lucasarts?) where you could bind an 'observer' key.. press it near a duel, and your saber is sheathed, and you bacome unable to kill or be killed whilst the duel is in progress.

Concerning what some guy said about never having a two on one battle or something.. If Qui-gon and Obi-wan are allowed, so am I.

Anyway, I hope that over time the servers are become fairly obviously split between saber-orientated, honour code ones, and straight deathmatch.. not only for the sake of those who have the whole honour code thing, but also because people who want to blow the crap out of others by any means should have somewhere to that without nagging from the likes of us.

:slsaber:

I try to basically take my current score, and increase it incrimentally until it is the highest score on the server. Usually, there's a "fraglimit" that dictates the highest score on the server before changing to the next map. Typically I go for that.

Yup.

Take this as someone who has never played on a gun server, so I don't really understand what I'm saying wrong about that, but as far as I'm concerned the first thing I'd do when going onto a server where people had guns is max out force seeing (disruptor protection) and push (explosive projectile deflection) and just go light sabering all the gun weenies.

Anyway, the area where I actually *have* played a lot, pure saber all force powers. Now as it stands it's my opinion that there are a lot of extremely cheap things you can do in this game, three most annoying are the sith skills drain, lightning and grip. On the other hand usually there are acceptable and even amusing responses to these dodgy tactics, and brighter still for the skilled light jedi, overreliance on these cheap tactics tends to make the majority of sith rather pathetic when it gets up close and personal.

As for a code of honour, I play light jedi, saber only, if someone asks me to duel, I always say yes, even if I am on 10 health, you just gotta roll with the punches I guess. When *not* duelling I take great pleasure in tracking down sith that love abusing lightning and grip and slicing them into itty bitty pieces, these people's first reaction when you do the mind trick and disappear from their field of view is nearly invariably to shower the area with some sort of cheap force power like lightning or grip, or in some cases hope they get lucky with a push.

This is very fortunate for the light jedi with a nice absorbing, protective shield that nearly inevitably allows stupid sith people to give you more force energy with their cheap tactics.

And then? Well, in this game more than any, you give what you get I guess. If some goofy dark jedi is stupid enough to fill my force meter up after I've gone invisible, it's just plain my responsibility to heal myself completely at his expense and then force speed for maximum slicing fun.

It's times like those I am just *glad* that the average dark jedi is so stupid. You can't by yourself put on level three mind trick, force speed, heal yourself completely... :)

Sometimes, ironically most often by the people who know how to do nothing else but hit the lightning force repeatedly until drained and then run like hell, I get called cheap for using the mind trick, or for using the face flipkick and heavy saber while the opponent is down, but in both situations there are counters that do not involve having to have a load of force power left to invoke a shield like their cheap lightning fountain tactics.

Anyway, rant off. ;)

How I play:

Generally try to play fairly - although recently I have been overusing the roll (roll-*****?) to get from place to place - but it has an amusement value, I often try to win sabre fights purely by rolling around and getting an occasional hit in. (I have yet to kill anyone like this - but I'm hoping to get one eventually.) On a similar note - I love the kick, but I try to use kicks exclusively if I have to use them. Not very effective, but enjoyable.

I wait for an agressive move from someone before attacking - even if their sabre is on. The best way I found to guage this is to jump on the players head if they are standing around. It doesn't do any damage, looks pretty funny, and if they take a swing at you it's easy to get away.

If i happen to kill someone who has put their sabre away - I offer up a free kill to the person I accidentally killed. They get a free frag - and there are (hopefully) no grudges.

I don't bow - Obi Wan didn't bow, Qui-gonn (however you spell it) didn't bow, Vader didn't bow, Maul didn't bow, Luke didn't bow. I could go on. However, what I do want is either a menacing look animation (not the taunt - I use the Lando model, and the taunt sounds more stupid than um - taunt-like :p), or the ability to have music play when I decide to have a go at someone (I usually do this in my head anyway).

Usually play as light side jedi - heal is ok by me, push is extremely funny and not unfair - esp on the levels with big drops, and I am perfectly fine with people using drain/grip etc (just take a force power/weapon and if you can add ***** onto it then I am ok with people using it, gun-* grip-* drain-* lighning-* kick-* :p). Absorb is my friend, and throw is ok (unless you are in a really tight corridor where I have a hard time countering it).

One last thing - I try to encourage the building of totems, or the practice of sabre art. I can now make smileys in the ground using my sabre.

And I play mostly (95%) sabre btw - guns seem far too easy.

How's that for a code of honour? Having fun, and trying to see what stupid things you can do.

:fett:

As i started playing Jedi Knight 2 ... i found myself taken side with the Dark Side... This doesn't mean i have no honor... I follow my own code...

1) ... when i enter a game whether it be FFA, Team FFA , or CTF .... i never use guns ... (guns aren't my style unless of course i play tribes 2)

2) ... when playing and i have to face more than one opponnet at once i certainly use my dark gifts... without hesitation

3) ... when faced with a repectful dual .... my forces aren't used untill others whether it be drain, speed, grip, push, pull or whatever other forces the person uses 1st ... i will certainly will use mine aswell to win the dual ... if they don't use any ..i shall not use mine.

4) ... I never interupt a dual in progress (this really doesn't apply to CTF though.. The flag is the most important aspect of this type of game so if you have the flag and you have 5 people on you already and i see you ..than you have 6 people on you)

5) ... if you use a gun on me expect me to use my dark forces to stop the projectiles ... it's only fair i even up the odds with the things at my disposel ..sense i don't use guns ... i guess the forces have it.

6) ... I never attack a man just getting out of a dual .. the person may be down on health of for me to atatck ..where's the honor in that ...

7) ... I bow to those who bow to me or who i feel are deserving of such a gesture ... not everyone gets the gesture ... if bowing is a sign of respect ... come earn it ... as i will earn it from you

:fett:

This is my Code of Honor. As a Person who is On the DarkSide ...

Remember Just cause you use the Dark Forces doesn't mean your lacking honor ...

:duel:

Darth Crypt:

Now as it stands it's my opinion that there are a lot of extremely cheap things you can do in this game, three most annoying are the sith skills drain, lightning and grip. On the other hand usually there are acceptable and even amusing responses to these dodgy tactics, and brighter still for the skilled light jedi, overreliance on these cheap tactics tends to make the majority of sith rather pathetic when it gets up close and personal.

.......Hey! I resent that sh!t!-LOL!:p

-Let's see.......

-Always pure DarkSide/S!TH! -I never use Drain or Lighting and hardly ever use grip.....unless I run across lamer cheapos then I deal with them accordingly;)

-I'm always up for a duel and looking for a clean/fun duel most of the time.

-I never attack/kill a player with his/her saber not drawn. Also, I never attack a player that obviously wants to duel or is waiting for a duel;)

-I exterminate lamerz quickly and efficiently!

My definition of a no-skillz lamer: A player that has no skillz and goes for cheap killz only! Also, someone that seems to have a main goal: to ruin the game for other players at all costs because they simply think it's moronically amusing!....For example, a player that runs around the map like an idiot on bad-crack constantly attacking other players that dont have thier saber drawn and/or are looking for a duel only. I always come to the aid of other (respectable)players that are being attacked by these lamerz! -When I spot a lamer, I attack that POS bast@rd relentlessly and usually it's over quick! -Though, sometimes i'll just toy with him/her and make him/her suffer using various annoying methods....hehehehe:D

You're rather proving my point aren't you? I did say "majority of sith" you're obviously not the majority of sith first off the mark cause you don't use lightning and drain. Seeing as you *don't use them at all* it can't be said that you've *developed an overreliance on them* and as such it is *unlikely that you are weak when it gets up close and personal* ;).

Y'know, lightning, and grip as well, don't annoy me so much as drain does, you flick on your absorb, and bobs yer uncle, you've got more force points than you had to begin with and the fool sith boi just gave you a few heals / speeds / invisibility boosts, but *drain* annoys the absolute hell out of me, you have to be *so fast* to hit the absorb before all your force powers disappear and then there's nothing you can do about anything.

When someone starts going with the red lightning I will track that person down like a dog mercilessly and ruthlessly hunting them till they either leave or scream for mercy. And when that happens I'll track them down and kill them a few more times for good measure, but at least give them the chance to see me coming / run away. ;)

It's something I never get tired of, the amusing reactions after getting kicked to the floor out of thin air and heavy sabered before they even knew I was there, it's just beautiful.

The one good thing about that drain skill is that it gives you that sense of great vengeance and furious anger that you can unleash on the fool that uses it on you. ;)

Archived