Home

What's your code of honor?

Mattman

Originally posted by princessliar

I tried that once and I suddenly had a lovely rainbow of lightsabers raining blows down on my head. Sure was pretty. :p

Hehe. I usually do it with flechette/repeater when possible. It's only when they're doing something like Drain or Lightning... :p.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always play darkside, the light side only wins in the movies!!

- I wont attack people who dont have there saber out.

- I toy with noobs but dont kill them intentionaly.

If you dont like force powers been used, play on a server with em disabled.

If for dont like guns, like wise!!

Everyone knows what I think of people who complain about force powers or guns, so I won't repeat myself here. :)

Instead, I'd like to remark on the topic of movie-like aspects to the multiplayer game... As a Lightsider, I truly enjoy fighting the HUGE quantities of Darksiders who litter every server... They invariably realise too late that their Sith powers are no match for an experienced Jedi, and his ultra-absorbant top-layer. Muahahhr. :D

1. Slice to win

2. Grip to kill

3. Saber down, your loss my gain.

4. I will use drain if you don't have absorb up.

5. I will laugh at you if you jump around trying to hit me with the 1 hit kill SS move.

6. Likewise if you run around swinging SS for 5 minutes and not hitting me

7. I will grip/push/pull you off edges.

8. I will laugh at you if you call me 'fag' or 'noob' after me doing the same thing you tried to do to me but faster than you.ie if you try to throw me off an edge but I grip toss you first then you call me noob, thanks for the chuckle.

9. I will not resort to calling people 'fag's, noob's, assholes'(list goes on, There is no point.

10. There can be only one, and it will be me.

As someone said before 'there is no honor in killing', And those of you that may complain cause I slice you down while your saber is down. I've seen too many people abuse the saber down issue to care anymore, they push, pull and walk around like they are innocent.

I gotta admit.. I was seduced by the Dark side of Force when I first started playing.. however, while I was on a particular server, I started receiving abuse from some illiterate twat, calling me things like "Grip *****" or "Lightning *****" etc, etc...

So I decided "Well, just to prove I'm better than he is.. I'll use nothing but light force powers". So I went to the Light side of the force, and despite the hardships.. heal and absorb are very rewarding. I always have force push, and force pull only on all-weapons servers.

So as for my code of honor:

- I will never strike down an unarmed opponent, nor will I strike down anyone with their saber not drawn.

- I never use anything but the saber. Ever.

- I use absorb and protect only if warranted.

- I try to use heal if I can get away with it. Usually in a 1 on 1 saber battle, I won't waste my force powers on it.

- I concentrate mostly on saber defense and attack, and only add to throw if there's extra points available.

- If you shoot projectiles at me, be prepared to have 'em force-pushed back.

- If you shoot blaster-type weapons at me, be prepared to likewise have them sent back.

- If you use a spammy weapon around me, I WILL relieve you of it (and any other weapons you use that I deem "annoying"). Gotta love Force pull..

- I always accept challenges.

- I usually turn off my saber before a challenge.

- I enjoy turning off my saber, and watching two skilled players duel.. and it seems to be slowly taking up as a standard custom on many servers I frequent.

- If my saber isn't drawn, and you attack me.. be prepared for trouble. I normally don't let my defenses down, but if you do get me from behind, I'll make your stay on the server most unpleasant.

- I don't tend to use the various traps on the servers, or do things like force push people off edges unless they ask for it (ie, they did it to me first. >=D).

As for the whole honor vs "win at any cost" thing.. coming from Quake 3 where only the best asshole wins, it's a nice change playing a game like a gentleman, and having people respond in a similar matter. Respect is something that's sadly lost amongst many online players nowadays.. so I think a code of honor is a good thing.

I go to a ton of LANs here in Australia, and sadly, the hordes of young Counterstrike players seem to think that screaming at one another and hurling insults back and forth like.. well.. children, is the way to respond to those you fight against. It's worse online, because the anominity of the net makes these children feel 'braver', purely because there's no consequences to their actions IRL. It's not like that guy you called a nutsack licker on yesterday's FFA server is gonna come to your house and hand you your own ass, is it?

I encourage you all to rise above this. Even though your aim is to defeat your opponent, never lose your respect for him, and for future opponents you will face. Prove to yourself at least, that you're better than all that crap.

Keep JKII a gentleman's game. Besides... chicks dig gentlemen.

I live by the Force and i die by the Force.

Meaning to say; I play light , i respect my opponents and will not hessitate to use the Force for defense, if i get attacked by someone with grip i push him, and if someone is about to attack me il do the same,

I just defend myself with the Light side, and respect every player.

Anyone using these 'codes of honor' are going to be taken advantage of. It's that simple.

The point of the game is to win; all the weapons (guns and sabers) are there, anyone can choose how to apply their force powers in any way they see fit, use whatever stance, blah, blah, blah...the game is fair from that standpoint without question. It's not like anyone should be surprised that players are going to use the most effective means to win a game. If anyone thinks a particular tactic is better to use than another and thus "too powerful", why not just figure out how to do it or overcome it?

Duh.

Seeing as there are so many peeps interested in just geeking out on this game, why don't some like-minded server admins just create servers JUST for those people who want to omitt using all the weapons and powers that the game offers and nerfing what force powers are "acceptable" to play on them? Call it "expert" or something so the rest of the gamers who actually "get it" (I.E., that this is a game and George Lucas is not the messiah) can play and not have these purists all in a tizzy because they were bowing and got blasted or something similiar?

If the people who invented the game wanted everyone to use sabers only, not use force push or drain or whatever and made it mandatory that you always accept a duel (but bow first...), don't you think they would have made the game this way?

Wherein lies the challenge?

Ridiculous.

I'm not saying what I said to be an asshole thats just the way I play, I may show mercy to someone who I know is just interested in dueling. But pretty much everybody is fair game until I see personally from them what type of person they are.

I wanted to clarify one particular point about having a code of honor, at least as far as I'm concerned. A number of people (Binky being the most recent) have said that people with such a code of honor will get taken advantage of. This is quite true.

Now I've found that it doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. My response to this fact? Bring it on!

I don't expect everyone to follow a code of honor. I definately perfer it if they did, but like I said before, I don't hold anyone to any set of ethics, especially for a game. If you want to attack me when I'm bowing, fine, next time we meat I'll deal with you acordingly. If you launch a bunch of blue orbs and rockets at me I'll still stick to my sabre only. If I get killed because of this then I should have dodged. If I'm walking around with my sabre off, I DON'T expect people to leave me alone. Just like I don't trully consider people with their sabres off to be truly passive. For all I know you can still try to shoot a lighting bolt at me. For that matter, I have no problems with Dark siders pulling out every cheap drain/grip trick they know. Especially since I've discovered several ways to counter that.

It doesn't matter if you kill me cause it's all part of the game for me. In my experience though, people who have a code of honor tend to be more challenging opponents to me.

My code of honor is very simple.

Force is cheap therefore I don't use it. That isn't to say I'm not good with it because I am. I just don't find it entertaining to have people calling you asshole everytime you choke and throw them off a ledge to their death.

In NF the matches become more rational and skilled to compete in. There is less luck if you will. For Sabers I tend to bow now. Never strike an unarmed person and use the 1 hit kill swing from time to time but not all the time. I like to finish them off with style.

The funny thing is not everyone respects the same things I do so when this happens I change my name to something ironic such as What's Respect? and I begin to use the 1 hit wonder continuously. LOL

My Code Of Honor(s)

Is also very simple I bow to them and I always finish them with the strong jump slash I never hurt anyone without their saber out. I never use guns I try to be fair and use saber but if I get pissed I use guns. I use force but not often usually just to push some1 off in my way, or just I simply heal myself if I am damaged.

My Code Of Honor(s):jawa:fett::deathstar:deathii:

I usualy go by this syle/code/honor:

1. Saber always out first... weapons come out as needed.

2. Lightside force powers... just a prefrence... I can cause enough mayhem with my Saber and a few choice weapons along with the Lightside powers, :cool: and Heal is so usefull in a pinch...

3. Respect others wishes... on a duel server If a guy wants no Force but Jump I'm all for it...

Duel guys on FFA: If I see 2 guys dueling and 3-4 more watching I wont kill them... I just like to shot at there feet or legs. Or if thet're are all in one nice group I may drop a thermal detonator near by...just to see them scater. :p

But I'm usualy to bussy with the more hostile ppl.

Also if i see a nice target but hes on the other side of a duel in progress I just might go throught the middle of the duel.

But of course I will assess the risk involved with running 'tween two guys with Sabers. :D

Originally posted by Vestril

I also try to be nice to people who bow and stuff in duels, I mean, it's really crappy to Saber someone who's trying to be polite.

When i duel someone that i REALLY respect (i have met them before) i crunch and bow, others i just bow standing..

Today i was dueling some guy named ''Jedi Mastah'' and i turned off my lightsaber (it was on my favorite server, i know moste people there) and bowed, and the ******* does the jumping heavy-slash in my neck when i'm bowing, argh! Next fight i beat the crap out of him, muhahahah!

:)

Inter's 'Code of Honor':

*ahem* "To die in some goddamn STYLE"

(Some tips for newbies:

1. Especially try for the double twist manouver when you've just been nutted by DFA - I can recommend this

and

2. After death, ALWAYS leave it a few seconds before clicking - a dead corpse festering on the floor always pleases spectators)

Archived