Home

Dig 2?

Metallus

Dig 2?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Dig 2?

• Totally! I can picture it now...
    • I'd rather see the Dig move to a different medium. A movie, for instance.
    • I couldn't care less.
    • No Way! It would never work.
    • Eh, I didn't like the first one much.

I just think that the whole appeal of the Dig is its sense of mystery and wonder. I think the only other thing around that captures the same feel is that TV show, Lost.

The whole idea of a sequel eliminates the pleasure behind the game. How can you create that sense of mystery, foreboding and eerieness when you already know everything? What I'd much prefer, is if the crew behind The Dig got together and made a new game, but one made with the same craftsmanship and emphasis on story and atmosphere. In that way, you have a game made by the same creative minds, and thus producing a similarly sublime experience, but without the trappings of a sequel.

But the sad part is that games like The Dig just don't sell anymore, they're not profitable so people don't make them. That, and the fact that the point n' click game is dead, and unless they can somehow concoct another form of gameplay that offers the brilliant semi-cinematic adventure template that the PnC presents, there's little hope for any more games like The Dig. Because of this, I think that it's pretty unavoidable that The Dig, or anything like it in a game is a thing of the past.

POINT AND CLICKS ARE NOT DEAD!

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=909a0218-3a62-4d6f-a290-cb07ff26fa3c&

not that bad of a game. i would have to say the DS is THE platform for point and clicks now; although the screen is a bit small for the robust and highly detailed enviroments of the dig. The psp isn bad with its monolithic screen, but the the controls are sadening.

what about still life? myst 5? the point and click isnt dead yet... bigger genres left it heavily wounded and struggling for life whch will mean two things: wiother it dies a painful and slow death by spweing out tons of crappy games in its last breath, or it will survive and we will return to maing games more than just sadistic blood baths; works of colaborative art.

yeah i saw a review on that, almost makes me want to buy a DS just for that game. But just because micheal buble still sings frank sinatra songs doesnt mean he's still alive. He "lives on in spirit", but he isnt alive like he used to be.

FYI: , great gameplay, great design, great story, lasts you 5 hours in total. But i can forsee tons of other lke games coming out to the DS; and comon; Mario Kart? your set for life!

eh, its a nice peice of Hardware, but just adds up:

unit: $300

games: $40-$50

movies: $20 (as much as a full version DVD mind you)

good sized, 1 gb memory stick: $70-$80

I would like to get one, but like i said, its a rich person toy.

oh yeah, and so far there are only 3 or 4 decent games out on the PSP, so you pretty much screwed both ways in the case.

well i guess im glad im a rich person then, huh :p

A couple of good games with some longevity is all you really need, I'd use it for mp3 and vids etc much more than games I reckon. All you really need is the GTA game, maybe the metal gear solid one. Also ive read that there's a way I can put my LA adventure games on there, in which case, who needs PSP games?? I remember many a time sitting at the bus stop which would have been far more bearable had I possessed a portable version of The Dig.

well ok then...

ANYHOO, what sort of idea would work in a Diggish sort of way? Desert island has been done...twice. Although it's been done, i wouldn't mind a Space Station/ship like in Event Horizon, except maybe less scary and more mysterious like the Dig. Maybe even the original idea of a ruined city, that would be cool i reckon, although to be honest it would take some serious brainstorming to match The Dig's mysterious island and spires, they're so unlike anything human on the surface.

• 1 month later...

Archived