Home

The Fabled 'Strategy Guide' etc.

elTee

Y'know, I may have mentioned that I bought this little number recently for $4. Just thought I'd remind you all. Anyway, it leads me to another point: Which LucasArts game has the most kind of... collectables for it? As far as I can tell, it has to be The Dig. I mean, it has a soundtrack, a novel and theres loads of rare stuff because it was in production for so long. I mean, the dig site has pages of pictures of early versions and stuff. Its quite good for those of us (yours truly) who like getting thier hands on the really rare stuff. Does anyone know if there was ever a poster or anything available - like a movie style one (LucasArts used to sell em, its so annoying. They had an ad in 'The Adventurer' saying full sized posters for SOMI, Zak, Maniac, Loom, Luftwaffe etc. I only have one adventurer though, and its old) or an advert one like in games stores? I'd love one of them. Oh, and how accurate is that phrase on the front of the novel that proclaims it as a bestseller? (as a book, I mean, not the game)

Originally posted by LucasTones

Which LucasArts game has the most kind of... collectables for it? As far as I can tell, it has to be The Dig.

The Dig does have a lot of stuff, but I think Sam and Max beats it by a lot. I mean, it had a TV series (1 season worth of episodes), a comic series, and several anthologies, in addition to t-shirts, collectible cards, posters, and lots of other stuff. I know, I know, the Sam and Max universe doesn't merely revolve around the Hit the Road, but the game is very important to their legacy, and I'm sure that the Freelance Police gained a lot of fans because of it.

However, Sam and Max weren't the first to have a TV series. There was a short-lived and quite forgettable Maniac Mansion show.

I got a The Dig baseball cap with the game (maybe I'll take a pic for you all someday as I've never seen it mentioned before?) I can't say I've ever worn it, mind you.

And I recently scored a signed first edition of the novelisation on ebay. I can hardly wait for it to arrive :D

Originally posted by eloqui

And I recently scored a signed first edition of the novelisation on ebay. I can hardly wait for it to arrive :D

Damnit!!! I bought two versions of the Dig novel, hardcover and softcover... but neither are signed... DAMN YOU... I always seem to lose...

Archived