Home

Cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rant

Angelous

Well maybe its just me but im getting tired of some of the crap that they got going in this game. Don't get me wrong I love the game but there are somethings we just don't need, atleast me. I really don't think that guns should play as big a part as they do, especially in mp. I mean serious if you wanna go off fire your god damn rocket in all directions, by all means go do it in quake. I think the best part of this game is the lightsaber duels. They are soooo good. But i guess every fps has to have the guns, or its not really a first poerson shooter lol. But yea i think guns are kinda cheap in mp. Especially when bastards come in fire rockets at the people dueling below. They score god damn first and are sooo pround, without friggin engaging in damn duel...Another thing i hate a lot of these bloody force powers.

1)Lightning - understandable, i know the emperor had it but its cheap, reuires like no skill

2) Girp- I guess it is trademark of the darkside, but i still think its mad cheap if ur usin it throw peeps of the ledge, DUEL ME!

3)Drain - cheap at best, but i know u need it to take care of the uber cheap bastards out there

Yea well those powers pretty much blow..thats just me once again.

Fianlly i love pullin the god damn rocket out u rocket hugging people out there. I love to see the looks on ur shocked faces.

Thats about it, im not evil, just got some beef :D.

Come on man, your saying the entire dark side is cheap, its not, especially grip, countered easily. Light side has heal to just recover from lightning and absorb to counter anything. If your dark side too then its a matter of who uses it more wisely.

Well, you say that these tactics are cheap, but I concur with the other guy that was talking about the ways to counter the force powers of the darkside.

Would the developers have put in powers that make the game unfair, without making a way to balance it out....NO

If the powers werent beatable then they would not have been put in the game,...fish werent created without water, and the darkside wasnt created with out techniques that can be used to defeat it.

..try and put as much energy into developing effective counters as you do to complaining and you'd see that easily, using push against a Grip works wonders and you (with Heal) get to make him work 2x as hard, try using Mindtrick, and running away to regain force to heal, sound cheap? well try using pull to throw them off balance, learn to time this with the Medium style forward upper slice and it can mean instant win. Sounds like you only played a few games where people were using the obvious tactics....ie I have lighting lets use it... watch peoples reactions when they are fighting, learn to recognize their stances, learn the ranges of the powers...all these combined make you strong, not being able to use the Strong style jump hack all the time, those people die quick to anyone with balanced powers. IMHO the Dark Side relies on brute strength and the Light side relies on finesse and cunning, neither is "cheap"....its not like they just invented the Star Wars world or these powers :fett:

well, grip isn't cheap, it can easily be countered with push. BUT lightning and ESPECIALLY drain are so LAMING CHEAP!! drain is much too fast and i dont wanna have absorb on the whole fight long. with lower range and less speed/dam, lightning and drain could be balanced...

Hmm good points, some comments were made under a hot head but i agree with some of you. Sure all these powers can be countered, but when im dueling with a guy and some jerk enjoys gripping me while my back is turned and throwing me off a ledge how does one counter that?

u cant, just like u cant counter the guys that think its funny to kill people having a sabre-duel with their rocket launcher or something...the only way to avoid it is to do a real duel, with the white thing around you (i dunno how to say it im not a native speaker...)

I find that absorbing drain doesnt give you force power. And Drain is like heal on crack. Especially on groups of people as you take all their force and your fully healed in a few seconds. Anyways I have been converted to the light.

all the darkside powers are fine. Why is it that in every game that comes out from q3 to moh people gotta call certain attacks "cheap"? I mean **** it, its just a game and if you gotta prob complain to the programmers. I really don't see why people ***** in every game i play i hear it. I leave servers when peopel start these verbal assualts on each other. DEAL withthe aspects of the game, all of them, QUIT or stop your crying

I agree that the Dark force powers are incredibly unbalanced. True, you can counter them, but what can you do to fight back? If you're a Light Jedi, absolutely nothing. You have Heal, Protect, Absorb and the Mind Trick.. all of which are defensive, except the Mind Trick - a Mind Trick can be used as an offensive, but it's mostly up to how you use it. Running away is the only use I've found for it.

On the other hand, you have Dark side powers - all of which are offensive, plus Drain, which is equally for defensive AND offensive purposes. A Dark Jedi can wipe the floor with a Light Jedi, without actually having even a shred of skill.

I suppose I can see how it could be balanced, and even true to the Star Wars story, with the way it is now. But I also think that the Dark powers could do with a little toning down... Drain seems far too powerful, Grip is far too effective (I have to Force Push a gripper two or three times to get dropped, even at level 3 Push).. I don't have much against Lightning, though Dark Rage could use a little work (is there a point to it at all? I do much better without it than with it, because it drains my health so fast and I move too quickly to put up a proper defensive.. seems rather pointless).

The only thing I agree on is tha dark powers require 0 skill to use, it's not hard to drain someone, and then grip em to death. Unballanced? Hardly, all dark force powers are easilly countered with absorb, they lightning you? hit absorb, that gives you enough force to heal up the damage done to you. Same goes for grip. Don't use push, use absorb, far more effective.

Some dark jedi's use drain grip to make sure you can't counter it, but don't forget for grip you need to be really close to make it work.

Another thing is, drain does heal the dark jedi, but it requires 2 things to do so, he has to have the force to drain, but YOU have to have the force to get drained. Usually when I get a hit it, I make damn sure I use all the force I have available to keep him from draining me, that way I can easilly nick em off with yellow or blue style.

Some ppl think that force powers ruin the fun of the game, I think it adds tactic, and a lot of it, balance your powers, and you have an advantage over your opponent.

Some harsh words Angelous but I can understand your frustration.

Generally I agree about the peoples fire AE weapons into a duel.

Force is something else.. There are counterforces to every dark

force and light force (Absorb/Drain in general).

Anyway.. If you want to get some good Duels then watch

out for [RAF] members... This Clan is dedicated to the Saber

and uses guns in emergency if other players use the lame

I-Shoot-Into-Melee-Duels-For-Frag tactic only (and even then

very rarely).

Stay tuned and keep your chin up...

May Darkness guide your way my friend...

For one, guns should play a heavy part in the game. Some, yes, need to be toned down so people can handle them (2nd form Flechette and especially 2nd form Heavy Repeater, anyone?). However, many shots can be simply deflected by the saber (from the blaster, to the bowcaster, to the sniper rifles 1st attack, to some shots from 1st attack Heavy Repeater. Pushing heavy shots back at people helps.

And don't forget, Light Jedis, that we do in fact have push and pull to get out of nasty situations, not just absorb/heal. Everything is counterable, except aforementioned blue balls of death from the IHR.

Rushing a Dark player with the Light is fantastic: many Dark players I've seen around as of late tend to rush in with Lightning/Grip, or even Drain, but if you do that handy little Push or Pull/Jump, and then Absorb, everything is a-okay ;)

Don't underestimate the Light Side.

- Twitch

I have to agree that Force Powers aren't cheap. For every force power there is a counter. I think they add a great deal to the game, forcing players to do more than just run around hacking at eachother.

I think the way the force powers work right now is very much in line to how you would expect them to work. The Dark side is easier, faster to use and pick up. It takes very little skill to use Dark side powers effectively. But this does not mean it's more powerful. A Light side player who knows how to use his powers effectively will be able to wipe the floor with a Dark side user. The dark side is very quick, very direct, and very easy, but it's also very self-destructive. The light side is much more defensive, requiring a great deal more skill and finesse to use efectively, but it can make you completely invulnerable if you learn how to use it right.

Everything has a counter in this game, the trick is being able to figure out what it is. As a light side player I've been learning a number of counters to every trick out there. The drain grip combo can be very easily countered with absorb. The pull/kick combo is best countered with protect. The best way to counter heal is to force the player to spend his force. For a dark side player this is simple with drain. As for guns, way too easy to ignore with high sabre defense, even sniper fire can be ignored with some dots in seeing. Rockets and other hard explosives can all be countered easily with a simple push.

Personally I've gotten to the point where countering the so-called cheap dark side tactics is really easy. Because of this I find dark side players alot easier to defeat than light side players. Last night I was on a duel server that had a 20 Kill limit and a 20min. time limit. I was winning every single battle with an average of 10 kills more than my opponent. One of these opponents tried to use every single cheap dark side trick on me; he was the only person I was able to kill 20 times before time ran out. I was using the pull kick combo quite a bit, some times with my sabre turned off just to psych the guy out. Even when he would try to drain me I could just use the kick to the head to knock him out. A little bit later on I met my match with another light side wielder. This turned out to be a classic light side duel. Where we would constantly counter eachother's moves every time. He was able to counter the pull kick combo by using protect at just the right time. I figured out how to counter his protect by attacking him while he was protected. Sounds odd? Not really since the point wasn't to kill him so much as force him to use up his force, which was also a counter to having him use heal. This he would counter by pushing me so I couldn't get in and do anything. It went on like this for the entire span of time, and in the end it was 3 - 2 in terms of kills. Pitifully small compared to the rest of the matches, which is exactly what you'd expect from a light side battle. :)

I have to agree that light and darks powers ARE plenty balanced. So far I have exclusively played as a dark jedi and will eventually swithc to light once I feel I've figured out all I can about the best way to be one the dark side. I've used just about all the so called "cheap" tactics with drain, grip, and so on to much sucess. I do have to say that even using these techniques and being a pretty good player, I hav had my butt whipped plenty by guys who know how to use the light side effectively. If anything, I have my best games playing against other dark force users. The toughest time I;ve had as of yet wad in a duel against a light side user whocountered everything I did and made life miderable for me. I still know a few tricks to get the light jedi (in rooms with weapons) but have learned to be really careful around them.

Archived