Home

Carbon chamber map released

Belial6672

Great map but I guess JK2 doesnt have teleport functions like Q3A does, so I take it, its not completely finished. There is a spot on the map you cant get too unless you sacrifice 50 life for a big fall, its easy to get back up but down no. I am asuming the non working teleporters were suppose to get you to where this is.

Originally posted by Belial6672

Yea noticed that myself...I wasted 50 points to see what was down there....

as I said we now really do need a vader skin

Belial

Well, you *can* get down without taking a single point of damage, but you have to hug the side of the tube and land on its inside ledge... heh...

The architechture of the carbon chamber (freezing room) is frikkin awesome. Are those white things supposed to be teleoprters? Anyways, once Radiant is out, combining the best elements of the JO duel arena and this map will be a no-brainer... I can't wait!!! GREAT work. I absolutely can't wait for the entire map with the Falcon. :D

Yeah I noticed that with the bots too, but that's minor to me. Human opponents are where its at. And the map is truly breathtaking! Anyone notice some of the smaller goodies in there, like the triple pole thing by the antenna (that luke hops out on). You can slice that pole in two (just like the movie)

Anybody notice anything else?

Frikin AWSOME level, I love that path way out in the distance from where you can snipe.

However for some strange reason my bots jump all over the place. THey just hop everywhere. By the end of the level (the ywere on padawan difficulty, so that wasnt very long) one bot had -20 points from constantly jumping off the map.

Other than that it runs slow, but thats the price you pay for a kick ass map.

Heh...Wesman, tried to open it from JK Single Player, didn't you? I had the same problem and was just comming to find out if it's possible to run it in SP...I need to fight some Reborn Duelists in this thing! The map is good looking (best carbon freeze chamber in a game EVER!)...framerate is mediocre to poor though, and I get alot of weird problems when stuff gets destroyed...looks like the pieces of debris aren't showing up, the default object (I think that's what it is), a 3D axis display is. Oh, and the weather vane that Luke crawls out onto at the end of the duel seems to have its' floor flagged as water...hear a little splish-splash when I go out there :) Very nice, but there's a few little things I'd tweak about the map though.

Archived