Home

Lightsaber Block

dalep62

I hate to even ask this, but how do you block with the lightsaber? I have read the book backwards and forwards and can't figure it out. I hope I didn't miss picking up a force at the lessons. I am in the "streets" section.

To block blaster shots and bowcaster bolts, simply face your attacker face on (it helps to put your aiming crosshair on them) and stand still, move slowly, or sidestep slowly, all the while keeping the crosshair in their direction. A few shots can even come back and hit the guy who fired it. There's no special button or attack to deflect shots. Blaster bolts can be deflected, but bowcaster bolts can only be blocked, and most other weapons can't be blocked.

For blocking against sabers, it's pretty much the same deal. Jest face 'em and don't swing. You can block most swings in this way, but it'll never hurt them. To hurt them you have to swing.

I hope you found this stuff helpful. Good luck and happy sabering!

all you need to do to block shots is to be facing where the shots are coming from (and have your light saber out) and the game will automatically block the them, you cannot block shots from the snipers and you cannot be doing an attack while trying to block.

hope this helps

So has anyone who's gotten far enough in the game.

Your blocking abilities are dictated by your saber defence rating. At 1, all you do is block. at 3, most shots bounce back at the bad guys. This works against all weapons except for sniper/grenade/missile types. Snipers are a pain in both buttocks, but the rest can be Pushed back at the bad guys. Of course, this depends on your Push rating as well.

Maybe it's from playing V:tM - Redemption, but I wish we could have had the choice as to what powers we get/upgrade...

I think with Lightsaber Defense level 3, you block shots from all directions (or at least the 180 degree arc in front of you), whereas with Lightsaber Defense at 1 it's only about 20 degrees left/right/up/down from your crosshair.

Archived