Home

My Dueling Strat (works)

hartsoup

So far my dueling record is 34-5 on duel servers (like 8 different ones) so I must be doing something right I guess.

I do try to avoid force servers, just because forces are a large distraction in the dueling aspect... so I'm just going to leave force out of this, so here goes.

Once I pop into the duel, I holster my saber and see if my opponent does the same... we bow, blah blah. Now, intimidation DOES have a large part to do with it... normally I will taunt the guy once if he isn't advancing on me, if he just stands around or doesnt attack, I will slowly walk towards him with my saber in strong position (this makes it so that every other step you take, your saber slashes the ground, looks really cool). This however is not the biggest part of the duel, as some people think.

I'll usually use strong stance... I move in towards my opponent to make it look like im about to attack, I just get inches away from where he can attack me (hard to judge sometimes) then I back away... 99% of the time your opponent will take a swing... so he swings, then do a half circle strafe around him (while pressing primary fire with strong saber) and move into his back/side section in the middle of the swing... regardless of the outcome I will do a backwards or sideways roll out to avoid any damage he might cause.

If this doesn't work the first time keep going in and trying, THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF SABER DUELING is to make sure that when you press your primary fire button, no matter what stance you're in, that you swing your mouse with your saber... I've owned so many people that get close, take a swing and think its going to hit... chances are you're going to get blocked if you just look straight in on your enemy. This is also very important if your opponent is moving around while you're swinging because you can change the direction that your blade is heading towards if you spin around. Best thing to do is if you're enemy is on the left side of you, press your primary fire button, aim to the right, walk in and swing to the left with your mouse, this gives you a better chance of hitting him in the back unless he moves out.

The best way to get a strong stance hit is to make your opponent take a swing at you first... this gives you a chance to get around him and take a chunk out of his back. It is okay to attack first of course, just make sure its a careful attack, dont lead in then follow in... take a shot, if you don't think it's going to hit get the hell back! wait for another opportunity.

Once you get a strong stance hit in ... you can switch to medium and wait for an opening (chances are he'll be swinging in desperation if you hit him hard the first time).

As for defence, I need only say one thing... Rolling.

You see a shot coming at you? roll away (preferably strafe roll left or right). It's always good to have your point of view towards your opponent so you can block with your saber, but its hard to block combos all the time. So if you're in trouble and you think you'll get hit or get killed, roll out and set yourself up again. Rolling is actually faster than running, so if he's behind you trying to finish you off, you'll move faster just by rolling.

Anyways, hope this helps for most of you, I'll post my saber throwing strategy soon this week or weekend. (failproof strat).

Nice... but it's won't work all the time.

I, for one, get in, slash, and run back, so you can't hit me in the back. Also I defend vs the Heavy stance and use the Medium stance...

1 point I used too is the mouse swinging thing... so true...

i am not sure if roling really is faster than running. because u gotta get up after rolling and this makes you vulnerable...but just to get out of a highly dangerous situation, rolling once definitely is the right thing.

i also like several backflips in a row to get away from the other, thats just looking amazingly cool...

If they jump it just makes it easier for you to kill because you can tell what direction they're heading in... if they jump towards me, I just do the strong stance finishing move and it will usually hit them midair, or if force throw is enabled I'll use that before they land, jumping is a poor defence unless you're just pulling off a backflip to avoid an attack.

I play one of the following roles and alternate inbetween durring the game:

1. The bullfighter - yellow stance, side step and do a three hit combo that does about the same ammount of damamge as a red swing. Doesnt always work out (they dodge or you hit a button wrong and loose the combo) but when your in the zone playing like this your nearly invincible

2. The faker - run in and do whatever they dont expect. Stop suddenly and swing while right infront of them, suddenly rear sideways away from their saber swing (leading into prementioned 3 hit attack), or my favorite, run in and kick them :D

3. The Noob - grab red stance and just try to get one hit in then finish them in another style.

A lot of this game has to do with being unpredictable, so follow a pattern fora bit, then just when theyre starting to understand your flow change it completley and score some major hits.

hei hartsoup,

your strategy conforms with mine in most points.

Its definetly the most important thing in a duel to move while you're attacking. Thats the reason why people loose a duel. Start swinging and strafe around him, 50% of you opponents will die :)

if this won't work try to be the cool one. only move if it's necessary, stand where you are and when your enemy comes close to you roll to the left/right. Psychology is important in duels. It's better to do one very good attack instead of ten bad ones.

And if he heals himself... no matter. If you're in heavy stance one good hit will be enough to kill him even with 100hp.

If he is the lamer himself and attacks you with the blaster or something else just be cool, stand still and you'll have no problem.

If he recognizes that this don't kill you he'll take his saber and attack fast and wild in blue stance.... stay cool!.

thats important.

If he uses drain and grip... no matter. Use push to stop the grip and the drain... nah, just heal yourself and attack him.

Thats what i have to say, have fun and be fair.

LaGuerillera, red and deadly.

PS: If a guy is not moving in ffa or something like this, you would be an asshole if you kill him. If you're kind the people will notice that and they won't kill you if you're in a bad situarion.

Archived