Home

The Saberist Code: One Step Ahead - READ

Soul-Burn

Would you join the Code?  

351 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join the Code?

• Yes, good ideas!
    • No, I won't, but I will play nice to SCers.
    • No, this is really stupid, and i'm gonna kill everyone following this code.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by power_ed

LOL

did one of those 2:

Code of Honor

Mine was a bit different: What's your code of honor.

Originally posted by Obi-Cyph

Obviously it'll only work if you're playing with people who would follow the code as well.

Which is why I feel that seeking to punish those who don't follow it is wrong. Any code I follow will be a voluntary one. Furthermore, I'm not necessarily going to stick to it if it needlessly endangers me against someone who seeks to exploit it.

I agree except for

"9. A person with his saber open, not attacking, should be regarded as one looking for a duel, therefore, you may not attack them until you both agree you want to fight, either by taunting or showing an agressive move. "

Alot of people fighting stand there, preparing their next move.

I always follow those btw.

-SC- for me!

Originally posted by Mattman

Which is why I feel that seeking to punish those who don't follow it is wrong. Any code I follow will be a voluntary one. Furthermore, I'm not necessarily going to stick to it if it needlessly endangers me against someone who seeks to exploit it.

Agreed - punishing people who don't follow the code is wrong, unless its a server specifically for play by the code. In free for all it really wouldnt work that well, but on a server for it? It'd work wonders.

Also, in regards to people saying someone turning their lightsaber off in mid fight and running away, kill em anyway. They initiated the duel, and unless they've a) fallen a hell of a long way to break it, or b) died, you just follow up and kill them.

I like the idea. I won't join a clan under any circumstances, for various reasons. I do however like the idea of a set of "manners" if you will, regarding Multiplayer. That said, I'll gladly wear a tag on my name of -SC-. Hope to see you all in the games!

- Atomic Angel -SC-

Wow, this game has really brought the pansies out... I'm sure if this was based on ANY other topic besides star wars, this ridiculousness would not exist... Someone actually sat down and typed that donkeycrap up? LOL... Do you have a wife? Do you have friends? You should just consider running a cult.. make up ridiculous rules and you'll actually be able to enforce them... FOOLS... People who bow for 5 mins at the beginning of EVERY battle in duel games are WASTING the time of the people waiting... I just said to them "yeah ..great.. fight..." and charged in... Most people in this world are followers.. so one fool comes up with this lameo idea and people go and do it so they could "fit in"...

the code is very nice, however it's almost impossible for many people to follow it

this is what i do...

to an opponenet that's alone, i walk up with my saber down and challenge... if another duel is going on, i do a couple of swings away from him and bow or sometimes just throw saber to his sides... sign of "i wanna fight u" and see his repsponse..

if u stay out of saber range, it's hard for them to get u other than saber throw... :)

and most of the times i just remember which people are asses and which arent...

i basically don't attack someone first, i make sure that they know i'm going to fight them...

this works :D really.... ofcourse those who attack u on the back when u challenge someone else deserves a big "fark u" and some personal hunting down :rolleyes: they usually suck anyway :D

The only way I could see this really working is if there were servers with a MotD saying -SC- rules were enforced, or anybody with -SC- in their name knew of the website to point others to who were interested in knowing the rules, maybe even participating.

VoteKicking people who don't abide by -SC- in public servers, well, it's really the same concept as VoteKicking the heavy stance special "*****" in a duel game. All the spectators don't like him using it all the time, so when the "*****" finally gets killed, the two people dueling will vote kick him. The people on the server make the call, if the majority out-rules the minority, well, TS. If that person didn't like it, they'll have to take it up with the server admin.

I like the whole idea of the -SC- thing, if I only had that website to refer people to. *doesn't like explaining things to people, especially when it's a big thing*

Well, I must end my mini rant with this:

People are gonna fall in love with this.

People are gonna be iffy with this.

People are gonna totally despise this.

There will be mud-slinging, and things probably won't be pretty at times. But if the -SC- people are really serious about this, then nothing will stop 'em from achieving their goals. And it seems like things are already going their way, despite immature remarks.

May the force be with ya'll. :D

Originally posted by posternutbag9d9

Wow, this game has really brought the pansies out... I'm sure if this was based on ANY other topic besides star wars, this ridiculousness would not exist... Someone actually sat down and typed that donkeycrap up? LOL... Do you have a wife? Do you have friends? You should just consider running a cult.. make up ridiculous rules and you'll actually be able to enforce them... FOOLS... People who bow for 5 mins at the beginning of EVERY battle in duel games are WASTING the time of the people waiting... I just said to them "yeah ..great.. fight..." and charged in... Most people in this world are followers.. so one fool comes up with this lameo idea and people go and do it so they could "fit in"...

Wow, this thread has really brought the people who like to insult people for how they want to play a game out...

You're making fun of people because they are developing a set of rules which they'd like to abide by to make the game more enjoyable to them?

Gee, you must really be bored if you're trolling on these boards...

Hrm, these forums remind me of the counter-strike forums, anyone posts something worthwhile of discussion, and you get idiots come in and ruin the thread with insults.

I'm all for proper Duels between people, but I still voted no.

Why?

Well it's missing one key thing:

If you're in FFA, and someone, with a gun, kills you whilst in a sabre duel/you have your sabre off, don't complain about it, quit, and join a Sabre only server.

BYE

HBMC - yeah, it really should have a 'no whinging' line :)

Amendment 1 - If you join a public FFA server, and you get killed by someone not playing by the code or using a gun, do not whinge about it. It is their decision if they want to use a gun or if they want to play by the code or not. Do not abuse them, do not complain.

Well, thats what I'd put for an amendment anyway. :)

Originally posted by Obi-Cyph

HBMC - yeah, it really should have a 'no whinging' line :)

Amendment 1 - If you join a public FFA server, and you get killed by someone not playing by the code or using a gun, do not whinge about it. It is their decision if they want to use a gun or if they want to play by the code or not. Do not abuse them, do not complain.

Well, thats what I'd put for an amendment anyway. :)

I have a better idea for amentment 1, it has a lot less words in it:

Amendment 1 - Free For All means just that: Free For All. Anything goes so don't complain about it!

:D

BYE

If anything, this'll divide the JO community into three catagories:

-SC- followers

anti -SC- followers

those who just go with the flow, feel like playin -SC- one minute, nailing someone with a saber with a rocket launcher the next. (without the -SC- in their name of course)

Hey, I'll be honest. I'm all 100% for division. It keeps things nice and tidy for the people in those catagories. -SC- people on this side of the room, anti -SC- people on this side. People who go with the flow, you're free to roam about.

I didnt vote yet, I think it is a good idea, and will respet it, but it does need a few refinements....

I fight with my saber in(sometimes)...you can throw it and surprise some people. If I did this to someone who was not going to attack me that would make me a "lamer"...also in a ffa server with guns I agree that unless you are in an official duel, if you get shot and killed there should be no reprecusions...most large ffa servers are just pure chaos...people running to and fro...shooting and slicing at anything that moves...Another thing is the enforcement...voting in a public server that oesnt list the -SC- code in the rules or descriptions shouldnt happen. If someone gets kicked for not following a code they dont know about they shouldnt be punished...IF the server was to put -SC- either in their name or mention the code in the loading screen then voting to kick "lamers" as you call them would be ok...as you see there are some inprovements to be made...and until that time alot of people will hold off, although I will follow the code(as best I can without changing my tactics, the saber don throw thing and others) I wont add tags or advocate it until it is updated and revised to include a few other stipulations and such....

Even as a -SC-

if we joined someone ELSE'S server that didn't have -SC- rules, voting people off who ARN'T in -SC- that don't abide by -SC- rules would be WRONG.

-SC- rules are for -SC- players ONLY since it is THEIR choice. Respect eachother when you fight. However, if someone else not in -SC- kills you with a gun/kills you when saber not drawn/etc, that's their decision, and you shouldn't complain.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Even as a -SC-

if we joined someone ELSE'S server that didn't have -SC- rules, voting people off who ARN'T in -SC- that don't abide by -SC- rules would be WRONG.

Ah, but I point you back to my statement about kicking the person who uses the heavy stance special move all the time. If the MotD doesn't have clear specifications on whether something is allowed or not, it's up to the players to make the call. Thats one of the beauties of VoteKicking.

Honestly, if there's 9 -SC- people and 1 anti -SC- person on a public server (that doesn't specify that -SC- is followed or not) and that person continually uses the rocket launcher on all the -SC- people, everyone is just gonna sit there and take it? Heck no, I'd call the vote personally.

I'm not really fussed about which one it is, as I'll wear both anyway.

The domain I've got registered which I spoke of before? http://www.jedi-duelist.com (not running yet, getting a host asap) :)

Just as a thought though, while -SC- is already out there, I do like the tag [JDG] :)

Simply because the Guild bit in it shows that you're part of a group. But meh, just a random thought.

I'm happy with either. Can still use the domain for it :)

Originally posted by posternutbag9d9

Look.. we are not telling anyone how to play their game.. if you want to alt-fire people in their back while their obviously standing unarmed posing no thread to you.. go right ahead..

only thing that would piss me off is i found someone who would abuse the -SC- tag and play without honor..

you must understand that this is not a bunch of rules we demand to be enforced on every server.. absolutely not! But if you choose to wear the tag in your name, you will be respected by other -SC- tag holders, and you can be damn sure that we're not the ones killing you while your facing a wall, typing, going to the bathroom or something.

i really cant se why some ppl get so pissed off by this? If we choose to play our game following a set of honor rules, what could sombody possibly have against that? its not like its gonna affect them in anyway.

::/Ed - Wasp -SC-

oh and (off topic) Obi-Cyph .. got this nice one for you :cool: :

wall1.jpg

Excellent! -I'm defenitely in! But.............

9. A person with his saber open, not attacking, should be regarded as one looking for a duel, therefore, you may not attack them until you both agree you want to fight, either by taunting or showing an agressive move.

.....I disagree w/ this one.

--Saber-Off means the player is looking for a duel or is busy w/ a sudden phonecall, bathroom, lighting a bowl/cig,etc; -Plain and Simple, Players with saber off should not be attacked!;)

Archived