Home

The Saberist Code: One Step Ahead - READ

Soul-Burn

Would you join the Code?  

351 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join the Code?

• Yes, good ideas!
    • No, I won't, but I will play nice to SCers.
    • No, this is really stupid, and i'm gonna kill everyone following this code.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Code of Honor worked in Heretic 2 very well. This Raven game has been out many years. It also worked for Rune by Human Head..ex Raven guys. I see a pattern somewhere. The way to get this off the ground is with proper 1on1 Arena Maps.

Temple Tournament is beautiful map for multiple arena 1on1 duels. However the three arenas are spread to far apart for proper flow. If these three arenas were brought together connected by a comon start up(spawn points) room this map would be the perfect map to use for honor duels. Three different duel could be fought at the same time. You could also choose who you would be fighting if things get to tough in one arena.

This type of open dueling only works with a Code of Honor or basic rules. This will become very popular when the right maps are released, and these codes or rules will become all the more useful.

I'll quote myself:

6. Definition of "lamer"/"against the code":

Anyone who doesn't act by the concepts above OR abuses them. That means, you may not attack someone and then when they retaliate, you close the saber and call them lame. This is very bad.

10. These ideas apply only when the number of followers of the code exceeds the number of lamers/unlightened people on the server. This is since you can't force the code on anyone. Although in maps like ffa_bespin, the duelers can go to the ring and the rules will apply only there as this is the best dueling spot in the map.

Just read...

Originally posted by Digital_Ronin

Not bad, I can agree with that.

Only thing... maybe we should decide to only choose one tag for the whole movement, the smaller each group, the more likely it is to crumble. So, SC or JDG?

Digital_Ronin

:tied:

It's not necessarily a bad thing to have more than one group available, as long as there are only a few. It only gets to be a problem when you have lots of groups that are essentially the same, and can't get organized. The JDG and SC are different enough to warrent separate titles, yet similar enough to be friendly with eachother. As I mentioned, I cannot accept the SC, as it stands, due to its proactive enforcement policies. The JDG looks to be much closer to what I'm looking for (plus I kinda like its name better. ;) )

By the way, anyone know how to get the character symbol for © and/or ®?? -I've done it by mistake in chat and console a few times and want to add the copyright symbol next to my name:p -It looks like a small full circle with a small C or R in it:confused: :rolleyes:

Well... I'm happy this went well...

I don't care if it's SC or JDG... I just want to know that people are agreeing that playing "nicely" is better than playing LAME and saying "I OWN YOU BECAUSE I KILLED 5 IN THE SAME PLACE.. WOO" (after spamming a duel zone)

Originally posted by S!TH!NAT0R

By the way, anyone know how to get the character symbol for © and/or ®?? -I've done it by mistake in chat and console a few times and want to add the copyright symbol next to my name:p -It looks like a small full circle with a small C or R in it:confused: :rolleyes:

There are a few ways: (hold alt and type the number on the number pad.)

S!TH!NAT0R© (alt + 0169).

S!TH!NAT0R® (alt + 0174)

S!TH!NAT0R™ (alt + 0153)

Just remember that you're not really copyrighting anything when you do that. Though it will probably keep some people from trying to steal your name.

I looove some of the response.. troll the boards? LOL.. i have like 4 posts total in the last week... But I guess you needed to make an excuse to make yourself feel better bout my post. I am entitled to my opinion and I'm sorry if this hurts your fragile personas... The "code" is so laughable, that if you told it to any non gamer(and 99% of most gamers) they would burst out laughing at how SAD it is...

The fact that most gamers are people like you is sad, so the 1% of the people that actually care, play like this.

If you'd understood that, you wouldn't have posten anything at all... but you just had to say something to get everyone attacking you, proving the point.

Just offering my support. I think the thing that will distinguish JO from other first-person shooters is the depth, which is being demonstrated by the formation of the Jedi Duellists Guild.

Incidentally, I think that people should be able to amass these suffixes ofter their names. Like qualifications. That way, newbies know who not to challenge, and who they can learn from.

I, as a newbie, would be more willing to learn from an -SC- than a non-SC- (no offence intended to non -sc-'s)

See what I mean??

honestly i think this is taking a fun game to the levels of seriousness i don't want it to go to. This not real life, it's a game, a bit of fun. If you cannot cope with someone pulling a cheap shot you it's not he who has the problem, it's you. Just play the game and enjoy it and ignore the idiots in the game.

I play to my own set of rules. No one else can tell me how to play. I respect waht yoru trying to do and support it in a way, e.g, respect the players. But there will always be lamers who do not do this and no set of rules will ever stop them.

Krak3n

Dude, play however you want, but rest assured that if people see you attacking duelers or saber-off players, they will attack you... and 5 on 1 isn't a pretty sight.

Now you'll say "this is like forcing your ideas on others"... Well.. You want FFA? so we FFA, all of us are free to attack you. You don't like us teaming up against you? Don't play FFA.

Originally posted by posternutbag9d9

I looove some of the response.. troll the boards? LOL.. i have like 4 posts total in the last week... But I guess you needed to make an excuse to make yourself feel better bout my post. I am entitled to my opinion and I'm sorry if this hurts your fragile personas... The "code" is so laughable, that if you told it to any non gamer(and 99% of most gamers) they would burst out laughing at how SAD it is...

Since when has the number of posts you've made been directly related to trolling? Perhaps I should have said 'trolling in this thread'? Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. But there are better ways to give your opinion than insulting people, calling them fools etc. True, some people would laugh at it. But hey, we're developing a Code so that we can have more fun in a game.

Originally posted by Krak3n

honestly i think this is taking a fun game to the levels of seriousness i don't want it to go to. This not real life, it's a game, a bit of fun. If you cannot cope with someone pulling a cheap shot you it's not he who has the problem, it's you. Just play the game and enjoy it and ignore the idiots in the game.

I play to my own set of rules. No one else can tell me how to play. I respect waht yoru trying to do and support it in a way, e.g, respect the players. But there will always be lamers who do not do this and no set of rules will ever stop them.

Krak3n

Krak3n - we KNOW that it's a game. We know its a bit of fun. We're creating a Code so we can have MORE fun in the game. We can cope with someone pulling a cheap shot (well, I can). If I was playing this game and not enjoying it, I wouldn't have decided to start the Jedi Duelist Guild.

All I'm doing is making the game, more fun for me, and more fun for people who'd like to play by the Code thats being developed.

No one is trying to tell you how to play. Thank you for respecting what we are doing, and that you support it in a way by respecting the people involved. Agreed, there will always be lamers. We're not enforcing a set of rules of anyone, we're merely having a set of rules that people can play by if they choose to.

Jeeez.... there's some real freakin' POS lamerz that replied to this thread!:rolleyes: -As far as the proposed organized Code goes, I look at this as serving one main purpose: MUTUAL RESPECT FOR FELLOW JK][ GAMERZ! -There seems to be hardly any of that on 90% of the servers I play on:rolleyes: -I also look at it like this way, if you want to play like a total freakin' a$$hol3 and ruin the fun for other players then you will be treated like an a$$hol3!! -I think this Code Guild idea is very needed. It would feel good going up against a fellow player going by this Code of Respect knowing i'll get a fair and FUN fight!;):D -For those of you saying we're trying to force a way of playing on other people and you'll play whatever way you want...... you just act yur retarded mentality&age and go play Q3 dumba$$es!:mad::rolleyes:;)

Btw MattMan, thanks for the info;)

-I did some extensive searching and found quite a few webpages listing ACSII ISO character entities and HTML escape sequence tables:D -I just needed the special characters to seperate myself from the would be lamer imitaters:p -When I started playing UT 3 years ago, after only 1 week of playing online there were about 15 imitators that kinda stole my name and slightly altered it....uncool. There was one lamer that stole my name outright and just redid a couple characters so he could register w/ ngstats. Well, as luck would have it this lamer was a POS lamer player and would always teamkill and play totally uncool against other players! -Started to get me a bad rep. because of this freakin' guy because other players thought he was me. Atleast with the © or whatever special character I choose to put at the end of my name, the chances of any of you dudes confusing me with another lamer that decides to steal my name are very slimmed down;) -That is my main purpose, thanx :)

Another btw MattMan, I have a minor issue. When I put the © at the end of my name in JK][, I cant put anything else after it. Like the -SC- tag for example:( -If I try, it just blanks everything out. Is there any way of getting around this that you know of? -Or that anyone knows of for that matter? -Thanks, S!TH:)

Archived