Home

Reborns is sooo easy.

ibobb7

So far I've killed six reborn dudes in two swings like this: first do a regualr swing at them. They'll block it and then you do a close-up saber throw, aimed at their head and they'll die immediatly. Just don't give them enough time to come back after the first swing. In my opinion, Reborns are easier than grans.

Ya know what else is funny, once I died while fighting with Luke against same reborns and ya know what they did after they killed him too: they went after each other. I lying on the ground and theyre over there fighting away... lol

I even found Desann actually quite easy, I died once and the next time it took me 2 hits w/ strong stance to kill him. I think they should have made it a little tougher to kill him. I found Galak Fyyar much harder to kill than Desann.... kinda weird eh.

you guys are playing on jedi master difficulty, up the ante and see what happens...

Pffff, desann easy, pfff just wait unti he grips you and you cant push him out of it, and it kills you out right (his grip is really nasty) or when he pushs you to the ground and has his lightsaber hover over your body until you get up and get wasted by it(I sometimes block it and only take 26 or so damage, but i have never found a way to not get hit)

type "npc spawn Reborn" in the console

repeat it a few times to fight a group of reborns.

its good fun!

other enemy npc jedi:

RebornAcrobat

RebornForceUser

RebornFencer

RebornBoss

RebornAcrobat

ShadowTrooper

ShadowTrooper2

-L

Another good way to kill reborn is to choke them then do a saber throw while they are in the air. I doesnt always work but it does more often than not. Also, I got lucky with Desann the first time I played the game. He killed me a couple times but on the last try, I knocked down one of the pillars and it fell on him. Not sure how he ended up under the thing but it killed him all the same.

I was very sad to discover that once you get Grip Lvl. 2, you can very easily kill Reborns without even getting close to them. That kind of killed the fun of fighting them, so sometimes I just forget about killing them quickly and having a good, old-fashioned lightsaber fight.

I think the easiest way to kill an reborn is to grip and lift up and then throw the saber at them.This doesn't always work on those black jedis coz they push you before u can throw the saber.If u use the dismember mod or the g_sabercombatrealistic 1 i think that the reborns are usually cut in half.Another way to kill em is to wait till they jump at you and then push them back and throw the saber at them when they are getting up...

my cheap reborn techniques (that i didn't really use because its funner playing them without force or cheapness)

1- force push when in air, force throw when they're getting up

2-force grip/push right away, force throw when they're getting up

2- jump on them, force throw when they're getting up

3- force speed (not really a technique but there sooo easy to kill with force powers like this later on)

4- backstab -insta kills almost everytime.

i found though, once you practice and know your saber well, you can defeat reborn faster without cheapness, you just wait for them to strike and the counter that strike

I still like pushing them off ledges. The Shadowtroopers still suck, though. Another cheap trick is to Force Jump over them and slash down. You can usually hit them in the head and kill them outright. It's how I killed Tavion the first time. Now, someone was talking about random chance. Well, I'd say that any sword fight would certainly have elements of both skill and luck, and I think the game does a good job incorporating both. I hate dying as much as the next Jedi, but luck (good or bad) is part of anything.

Reborn are a little poor, but then that's in keeping with them not being properly trained or infact real Jedi or Sith.

:D

Personaly I find that a gainst a lone one a little force speed and a chop of the light sabre normally does the trick. Sometimes I even drag the battles out.

Two at a time they are a little more challenging but not much. Those dark Troopers are a little harder, but Tavion and Desann are of course better.

I'm playing on the second difficulty level at the moment.

Trying to play through on each difficulty level. Currently nearing the end on Jedi.

For those who want the Reborn to be harder, try playing the game at a higher difficulty than jedi. I just finished playing SP again at Jedi knight difficulty and the Reborn were a lot better at defending themselves. I was still able to get a few with the choke/saber throw move but most were able to either block the throw, and many even resisted the choke. Overall they were still not a huge challenge but some provided more dramatic battles and some even kicked my butt a few times. At higher difficulty, the black armour dudes REALLY became a challenge. I havn't played at jedi master difficulty yet, but if I do I have no doubt the Reborn will be a real pain in the butt, and I it will be tough not to be owned by the black armour guys.

Archived