Home

nice, skins/models question

Lazarus-Spike

I agree, map (location) specific modification would make every new map so incredibley fresh, everyone would want to try every map ever. And when a new map is released, it would be a big deal.

Creating specific classes for each map would add to playability as well. If a certain map calls for certain team fetures, they can be supplied.

Even if the classes weren't revamped each time, just a few things were tweaked and perhaps some skins were changed, plus the win objective would have to be flexible or completely reworked each time.

A suggestion for implimentation.

Have a set of foundation player classes, and then the coder paired up with the mapper can utilize inheritence to derive only the attributes needed to make the map fresh and new, instead of having to hard code it each time. Effiient? I think so.

Also, a flexible objective code pool (library) could be created for mix and match copy-paste coding of new or moddified objectives.

As far as I know, no mod has ever made class specific maps, it would give you an edge against almost every other mod out there, and give you a defense against the TFC clone accusations.

(and by the way, they're called biker scouts. and they're cool as hell)

:jawa

What about an Imperial COMPNOR class for the Imps? Might make a nice assassin/stealth class (if you're not familiar with COMPNOR it's from a few SW novels & the old SW RPG from WestEnd Games, they're basically a secret "army" of fanatical Imperialsts similar to the Gestapo of Nazi Germany, working as spies within all aspects of the Imperial goverment & military, making sure everyone is loyal to Emperor Palpy, etc.

COMPNOR, the Commision for the Preservation of the New Order, was formed in imperial city as on e of Emperor Palpatine's first official actions. It started as a social gathering of idealistic young beings who saw the New Order as the way to turn back the chaos of the dying days of the Old Republic. This populist mopvement was quickly molded into a powerful political tool of the New Order. Through its subtle manipulations, COMPNOR teaches the galaxy the everyday ethics of the New Order and works to turn the structure of the Old Republic into a relic of the past.

hehe from a star wars encyclopedia, doesnt mention there methods though:mad:

can u tell Im bored:D

For now I want to keep it to the movies (to keep it managable)

Rebels:

Hoth - different rebel soldier outfits

Endor - green camo outfits in different versions

Imperials

General stromtrooper

Hoth - Snowtrooper (maybe additional versions)

Endor - Stromtrooper & Biker Scout (with additional versions)

That's it for now, I would like to bring out those two maps ASAP.

We'll see...

Roger

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to see all the different imperial classes of infantry

i suggest going to

http://www.decipher.com

and going to the starwars ccg section

all characters in the cards were in the movie

and they class the characters

alien

droid

IMPERIAL

REBEL ALLIANCE

EXTRA IMPERIAL WEAPONS

"LIGHT REPEATING BLASTER RIFLE"

(USED WHEN THE FALCON ESCAPED MOS EISLEY)

THE CARD SAYS IT HAS ENOUGH ENERGY FOR 25 SHOTS

"ASSAULT RIFLE"

(CHEWIE HAD ONE WHEN HE EXITED THE GARBAGE CRUSHER)

"STORM TROOPER UTILITY BELT"

THE ONE LOOK HAD WHEN HE AND LEIA SWUNG ACROSS THE BRIDGE

OYA DON'T FORGET THE IMPERIALS WITH THE BLACK HELMETS AND BLACK SUITS

*NAVY TROOPERS*

*PROBE DROIDS*

*SAND TROOPERS*

:atat: :atat: :atat:

The Rebel Blaster is named wrong in the picture on the site. It's a DH-17 Blaster Rifle. We're gonna fix that soon. E-11 is the blaster used by the Stormtroopers.

One thing that's for sure is that models and skins will be in quite many versions, depending on the map locations. For now though, we're just aiming to get the most familiar troopers into RS. No classes from books that weren't in the films. At least for now.

/Best regards. Jim - .Mod-leader & Graphics at the Rebel Strike crew.

Archived