Home

Greetings!

Guest Garry_M_Gaber

Guest Darth Maul Jr.

Well i have to say im very impressed. You actually took the time to answer my quesiton..i figured you'd only asnwer the question of the die hard GB website members...thanks a lot! I think this guy is really devoted to this game and it seems he's burning the midnight oil to get it up to speed. I'm sure it will be a highly successfull game! By the way im glad you didnt opt for the Starcratf engine...its very dated and the top down perspective sucks! Can you image seein AT-AT's from the top down? You did the right thing with AOK engine..i think its the best engine you can get right now for 2D. Well thanks for answering my questions and best of luck on your game, you got a customer in me..hehe!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Generalchang
The scenario editor, Generalchang (8/23) (hey wait - wrong franchise!)
LOL!

BTW, thanks so much for answering my question!

Kaplaa!

Thank you for taking the time to give us some more info about the game, right now it is the main reason why i visit here from time to time:)

Originally posted by Wraith 5

i never said i wanted to win, just that i wanted to play against him, just think of what one could learn if you play the man who made the game!!!

no doubt indeed, hopefully he does take a few of us on for a game sometime after he get's his "rest and relaxation" project out of the way...

Originally posted by Garry_M_Gaber

We mostly look at the forums to make sure we are addressing the pulse of the fans - are we going after things that you guys would like

"I have you now"

When asked if characters as Thrawn, Xizor, Karrde, Daalla, Guri and all those other cool characters from the EU would be in the scenario editor, you've avoided the question by saying there would be A-wings, the Millenium Falcon and such ... but you did not confirm those EU characters. It sounded more like denying

Now you're saying you're looking on the forums and seek that what we like. Wé like those EU characters in the scenario editor. So what's the deal? Or are there problems with Lucaslicising about that? ...

If ya like ... we could poll the most favorite EU characters right here on this site ... You'll have our support.

YD

Mr. Gaber,

I've watched a friend of mine play Red Alert 2 and I noticed a useful hotkey-- a follow unit key! I also noticed that this key wasn't in Age of Kings or the Conquerors. It was great to be able to sit back and watch the units go to the target and destroy it without having to press and arrow key or move the mouse.

So my question is: Is there any chance of there being a hotkey that would allow the player to have the screen follow the unit(s) without pressing keys along the way? I don't know if I worded that very well but I think you get the point. I would LOVE it if you would include that in the game!

I can't wait to see what you have to say in your next post! Over and out!

:fett:

Guest Tie Guy

You've already said you've added some features to the game, such as the blinking villagers light. My question is will you be able to center the camera directly on a group by double-clicking the group number? They had it in Force Commander, and i find that extremely useful in battle and in managing your workers. Is there any chance this will make it into the game? thanks.

I have a NEW question...

Now I want to know...will having 800 droids slow down your machine a ton or did all the tests show It worked great?

Also...

Is the Flying Whale the Gungan's Air Transport???

If so how is something that huge stay aloft?

If it is by Air in itself, then it most really move slow.

And...

WHY NOT TIE Defenders??? They are probably the most popular ship on this forum.

I was wondering if the planes could land when they are not selected. That way ground units could take them out before they are airborne.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

My question is will you be able to center the camera directly on a group by double-clicking the group number?

in AoK there was the hotkey(?) spacebar that would center on the selected units.

thanks for replieing!!!:D the game is going to be great if they use our ideas. what better way to please the customers.

will you be able to transport sea units over land?

Originally posted by Garry_M_Gaber

Just a quick post to answer some of the questions you guys are asking:

PART 1:

At the risk of ruining aircraft, brashin99451 (8/22) (hey - nice Force Commander name!), aircraft do hover while firing. The reason for this is controllability for the player. If an aircraft moves too much, it is very hard to fire at, or to select to do some other command. We went in a direction with aircraft that is more similar to Starcraft than C&C/Red Alert.

how much of a hover will that be i mean will it be like in starcraft or will they start flying circles like in force commander and will fighters be the only one who don't have to reload or will bombers have an unlimited supply of bombs as well, and how do you repair aircraft will you have to send damaged aircraft back to an airfield like in foce commander or will some repairdroids repair aircraft like in starcraft

Here is my new batch of questions:

1. Can you tell us what this large naboo speeder is? http://www.galacticbattles.com/multimedia/screenshots/8.jpg

2. Will you be releasing a unit tree or unit statistics soon?

3. Will units have portraits or voice functions like in StarCraft?

4. Are the Naboo as bad as they seem? From what I've heard the Naboo just don't seem that good. :(

5. Will the Trade Federation have STAPs? If so, is there a picture of one somewhere?

6. Will it be more difficult to advance through the tech levels in GB than it was to advance through the ages in AoK?

7. Will a shield cover aircraft and boats, or only ground units?

8. Could you please put a Chiss clawcraft as one of the scenario editor or "toybox" units? Please, please, please? :D

9. What is the strange purple explosion in this screenshot? http://www.galacticbattles.com/multimedia/screenshots/17.jpg

10. Will you be able to build a spy or thief who can steal enemy technologies, so that you can build extra/different stuff?

11. Will villagers be able to salvage materials from wreaked large units/structures? This would be really cool.

12. Will shields affect buildings?

13. Will Jedi actually duel, or just hack away at each other?

Sorry I must ask this...

Are there plans for a game like Star Trek Armada any time in the future. I would love an SW game like that. You would be able to see all the ships in great detail and feel like an admiral. The only other game that did this was Rebellion and it did an okay job of it, but it could easily have been better. If you made a game like ST Armada it would deffinatly fullfill my ship commanding dreams. I don't want to be in personal command of an X-wing when I could be in command of a fleet of Mon Cal Cruisers or SSDs.

PLEASE MAKE THIS GAME!!!!! :angel: :angel: :angel:

Guest Admiral Odin

Another question

How close are you to the point were you can give an exact release date and not just an estimate?

And thank for answering all of our previous questions.

Guest Darth Maul Jr.

I dont think you guys at lucasarts should be too overly concerned about scale...when you look at Starcraft..the Dragoons stood as tall as some of the buildings and millions of consumers obviously had no problems with that:D So like dont make the game late cuz you spent too much time trying to get scale exact...

Guest JMaNtK421

Will there be an Episode II expansion pack?

What are the minimum system specs for Galactic Battlegrounds?

Will Qui-Gon Jinn be in the game?

Archived