Home

Greetings!

Guest Garry_M_Gaber

Guest Phoenics2

I have a question, too.

If there is an aircraft fight, for example TIE against X-Wing. Will they only be able to stand around and shoot each other or will they fly around while battlying to make a realistic airfight.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Destroyer Droid

If this has not already been asked. What is the naboo royal knight about. Theres been alot of specualtion about it being a mounted trooper and all other crazy things. Can you clear up what it is.

Guest crazy_dog

Trade Fed will probably have STAPS, the aircraft will hover in the same spot while firing at another aircraft, Qui-Gon-Jinn is in the game (the tutorials and he is available with the scenario editor), and the flying whale is the Gangun Dunsenn Flop Carrier. Yes it is a Gangun air transport.

Heh, heh, I'm doing Garry's job for him. :D

heres some blaster cannon questions.

will the transformation from packed to unpacked be animated or will it be like AoK?

if some of them frire lasers, (hence the name blaster cannon)won't that make it to easy to hit units?

:deathstar ====:amidala:

Guest crazy_dog

Your answers:

1) Yes, probably, if it is in AoK.

2)I don't have a clue, but if you reaserch upgrades it's a sure bert, I mean bet, that it will be more accurate.

Guest Tie Guy

another question about the blaster cannons

In AOk, the trebuchet lobbed projectiles, and thus could fire over trees. But a laser travels in a staright line, so can you you still fire over trees and such, or through them maybe?

Guest crazy_dog

Probably like in AoK, but I think yes, it may go through the trees (In TR2 you can literraly walk through corpses of dead friends/enemies) or even more likely, go between them. Unless it's a very wide, fat tree ... :D

Guest crazy_dog

Scientifically speaking, it would be better for laser light to go between trees other than through them, although some laser can go through trees. If I haven't put Mr. Gaber off he might answer that question in the near future. :D

Guest anonymousdude

Thanks for replying to our questions mr Gaber.

I understand why you want to keep aspects of the game secret, otherwise there'd be no surprises, and we all love surprises.:eek:

In one of the screenies i saw the Fambaa shield generator had 2 bars, one for health, and is the other the strength of the shield?

If this gets to zero will the shield disappear, and as it decreases does the protective effect on units in its radius decrease accordingly.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

Maybe the siege weapons lob lasers... :D If they can't fire over obstacles... it would change the way I handle siege weapons dramaticly :(

hmmm...they some siege weapons probably use bombs that drop down. Most or the others will just have VERY high powered lasers...unless I'm mistaken...which I've been known to do...from time to time:c3po:

Guest KansasNavy

Uhhh...what if you play as the Gungans on Tatooine? Will they suck? I'm pretty sure there is NO water on Tatooine. And I think it'd be cool if fighter went into dogfights. Each fighter for each civ would do different maneuvers, which could make for some interesting fights. Last, what are the Rebel bombers that look like a Y-wing but with 4 engines?

On Episode I the Fambaa shield generator involved two large Fambaas: one that fired the energy into the generator and another that generated the shield. In GB will they be two separate units or will it produce both when you click on the icon for the Fambaa, if so will it count as two towards your pop or what? Is the first fambaa like an energy core or something or will you even need both of them anyway?

:fett:

Guest crazy_dog

According to Gamespot, the Empire's blaster cannons work in a simular way to the Death Star so expaect balster cannon(s) to create mass destruction.

I will answer no more questions for now. Have a good day :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest Starnick10287
Originally posted by Captain Fett

On Episode I the Fambaa shield generator involved two large Fambaas: one that fired the energy into the generator and another that generated the shield. In GB will they be two separate units or will it produce both when you click on the icon for the Fambaa, if so will it count as two towards your pop or what? Is the first fambaa like an energy core or something or will you even need both of them anyway?

:fett:

In Episode 1, when the fambaa shield gens came together they formed one HUGE shield, so one is not the energy core and other the projector. So porbably in GB if you put two fambaas close togerther they form a similier huge shield.

Originally posted by KansasNavy

Uhhh...what if you play as the Gungans on Tatooine? Will they suck? I'm pretty sure there is NO water on Tatooine. And I think it'd be cool if fighter went into dogfights. Each fighter for each civ would do different maneuvers, which could make for some interesting fights. Last, what are the Rebel bombers that look like a Y-wing but with 4 engines?

I agree and I think it will also look cool if the aircraft would start flying circles if you send them to a spot on the map and all enemy stuff has been destroyed, I also would like to have x-wings be able to open and close s-foils, I mean if they are extremely fast with closed s-foils everybody needs to protect his units against air almost every second since the rebels can build x-wings, cause they can get in fast destroy some units and get out before the enemy sends in AA, I also would like to know if the x-wing blasters will fire all at once or if they will fire after each other or if you can adjust them in game

Originally posted by Starnick10287

In Episode 1, when the fambaa shield gens came together they formed one HUGE shield, so one is not the energy core and other the projector. So porbably in GB if you put two fambaas close togerther they form a similier huge shield.

Actually, I believe in Episode I that one fambaa IS the generator, and one is the projector. If you watch closely, you can see that one fambaa with a pointy "backpack" and another with a more rounded "backpack" that the first fires into. There are 6 fambaas all together, or 3 sets. I think however that LA will not inlude this feature in the game, however, because it would make fambaas to complicated for those Gungan fools to understand. :D

Originally posted by thrawn12786

Actually, I believe in Episode I that one fambaa IS the generator, and one is the projector. If you watch closely, you can see that one fambaa with a pointy "backpack" and another with a more rounded "backpack" that the first fires into. There are 6 fambaas all together, or 3 sets. I think however that LA will not inlude this feature in the game, however, because it would make fambaas to complicated for those Gungan fools to understand. :D

Shields require an energy core so you would have to have one of some sort! Why couldn't you just have two units or one unit that is actually two! And I've seen both kinds of fambaas on screenshots (go to the battlegrounds site). :fett:

Is the sorlac in this game? I think it would be cool to have it placable on the map and if units get to close, it could kill them. That would make players keep track of where they send and the route they use.

Since there wont be the colection of wood in this game. will trees limit the paths ground units can take? I read that you could destroy trees, will all units be able to do this? When destroying trees do you mean forest or a small group of them?

Archived