Home

Most Annoying Level Part

MasterJoel

What is the most annoying level?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most annoying level?

• Nar Shadaa Streets
    • Yavin Canyon
    • Doomgiver Hangers (Doomgiver Detention)
    • Artus Topside
    • Other (Please tell us which one)

On higher difficulty levels it's definitely Artus Topside and NS Starpad (keeping Lando alive).

One thing that annoys me no end in the start though, is Artus Mine, the part where you have to run through that dark mining area, and all the little Alien HeadCrab Ripoff things keep attacking you. And your blaster rifles misses ALL THE :swear: time!!! I swear that I have wasted 300+ ammo there just trying to get through :mad:

Creston

"One thing that annoys me no end in the start though, is Artus Mine, the part where you have to run through that dark mining area, and all the little Alien HeadCrab Ripoff things keep attacking you. And your blaster rifles misses ALL THE time!!!"

You have another weapon that works wonders with those annoying little critters :)

Originally posted by Mikos_Epistimi

None, I loved every part of that game :)

Agreed ... frustrating, perhaps, but not annoying. I'm still not done yet, but this has already overtaken JK1 as my favorite game ever. I don't even mind dyign so much as it just means replaying a section again.

Mike

Other (Cairn Reactor) - a bit annoying but fun to watch Kyle getting zapped at times.

I recall the republic spacesh*t level in MotS, where Mara needs to track the Jedi Holocron which pirates attempt to steal. There is a collapsed walkway with all those lightnings flashing across, which you need to get past - but the problem there was, there was no way to turn them off, and the flashes appeared to be seemingly random, so timing really did not help much. One zap would make Mara say "Ugh!" and lose about 30 hit points, the next would make her say "Uh-oh!" and have like 30 hit points remaining, and the last one would make her look up to the sky with dreamy expression in the eyes, then have a refreshing stretch and take a nap.

Yeah, MOTS did have a lot of frustrating levels. I didn't much care for the Starport levels.

The most annoying, though, for JK1 was the falling ship level on Hard. You have about 30 seconds (in real time) to get out. I just made it, but it was a pain in the *Static*. This was using Force Speed and switching between the saber and the Concussion Rifle.

I don't mind getting fried, shot, strangled, blown up, etc, but I can't stand falling. After hearing Kyle scream for the millionth time, I usually turn off the sound because I'm so annoyed.

Originally posted by Creston

On higher difficulty levels it's definitely Artus Topside and NS Starpad (keeping Lando alive).

One thing that annoys me no end in the start though, is Artus Mine, the part where you have to run through that dark mining area, and all the little Alien HeadCrab Ripoff things keep attacking you. And your blaster rifles misses ALL THE :swear: time!!! I swear that I have wasted 300+ ammo there just trying to get through :mad:

Creston

I found in that area, if you just keep running past them, only 1 or 2 follow you. Just dodge to the side when they come at you. Saves ammo, less frustrating, it's all good :)

One thing that is pretty annoying, not only in JK2, but any FPS is being sniped, and not being able to figure out where it's coming from. At least in JK2, you can see the disruptor beam, so you can at least haev some idea where it's coming from. (anyone play MOH:AA? some of those sniping levels are just impossible!)

I haven't been able to try the whole Lando thing in Master yet, but I don't see how protecting one fairly competent swashbuckler against the unshaven masses could be any harder than protecting a bunch of refugees from Red Faction who are getting tooled on by hordes of troopers and... an ATST!!! I wonder if there would be enough ammo even if they didn't shoot at me...

Nar Shadaa streets are only a pain because of the snipers, but the worst in my opinion is having to keep other people alive. Prisoners, Lando, they're all a pain in both buttocks. I've hated having to protect other characters ever since Goldeneye on the N64. Lando should be able to look after himself, especially with a supposedly-inexhaustable blaster rifle...

I haven't been able to try the whole Lando thing in Master yet, but I don't see how protecting one fairly competent swashbuckler against the unshaven masses could be any harder than protecting a bunch of refugees from Red Faction who are getting tooled on by hordes of troopers and... an ATST!!! I wonder if there would be enough ammo even if they didn't shoot at me...

You would be amazed what a wuss Lando is, I used trip mines remote bombs and lots of Force speed and it still took me a bunch of tries on Jedi Master level...I still say he's worse because I can do the Artus topside in one or two tries now, but the time I got Lando to survive was puuuuuuure luck.

I knew I missed a level somewhere. When I made up the poll, I had only played it on Padawan, so Lando could take care of himself. On Jedi, it got really difficult, but still manageable. Mostly I died trying to get everybody.

I also coulda added Bespin Streets, mostly because of protecting the R5 droid and all of those Rodians with the Disruptor guns. Ah, well, a lost opportunity.

The Artus level had me running around trying different things to proceed for an hour. Finally I took a break and scanned a walkthrough for just that part, and found out about that stupid extending pipe. After that, things were pretty easy.

Nar Shadaa streets was the next most annoying because of the sniping, followed closely by the Level where you have to sneak by everything otherwise you get captured.

I kept thinking as I watched the scene with Kyle in the room with the 4 troopers and the officer and the Interrgation Droid floating in what I'd do in that case, especially being unarmed...

"Okay, I'd mind trick those two, push the others to the wall, pull a rifle from one guard, go to speed and get out of the room while the 'droid is coming in, get to the end of the hallway, push down some more troopers if their shots are getting a bit too close...."

What they should have done on this level is just have EVERY door open and spill out troops and Reborn until you where overwhelmed, at least you'd have a good fight before you were captured. That would have given you more incentive to avoid detection too.

On the Stealth Level, there should be a switch that turns off the lights. Then, turn on your light goggles and run straight across the room for the door.

Don't forget, though, that you only have 1 chance to do this, so don't save until after you've made it through the next door.

I agree with the previous post that said that they wished that you at least got to fight before dying. As far as the cell goes where you see Kyle just sitting there, though, perhaps it has some ysalsmiri in it.......

Archived