Home

The Anti-Saberist Code

ArtifeX

Do you swear to uphold the *ASC* ?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you swear to uphold the *ASC* ?

• I do so swear!
    • mommy! you guys are mean!

Originally posted by Jiro Kage

You just make it so easy.

I ain't easy, you at least gotta promise not to crush my cigarettes!

Time and time again you show you have no maturity on something as simple as a forum for a video game. Not only is that one step displaced from a silly game, but it even goes farther to the boards...

um,... what?

You are definitely a winner.

It's ok, every game has its little group of people trying to ruin whatever fun someone else may have. Nice of you to step up to the plate. ;)

No fun? I stab you whilst you genuflect, and you hate me. You go to hunt me down--and die of course. Then you go get your -SC- buddies and come looking for me. Then you and your buddies die. How is that not fun?

Keep the great comments coming!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other words you find it ok to impersonate other players, make them look bad so that they possibly get banned from servers when they join, and generally be an ass to others?

If that's cool with you or the concensus...this game is doomed.

The answer is to not kickban someone just because they don't play like you do. Shouldn't that be in your Saberist's Code?

The game is "doomed" anyway. It's just a game. It will be replaced, it will become passe and out of date. It will not live on for even a significant percentage of your life span. Temporal, fleeting, ephemeral...

I was excited for the game to arrive, I got the game, I finished the SP, I played the MP for a while for an entertaining diversion and now it's time to move on to other things like friends, family, career. Things that do matter and are WORTH fighting for.

In other words you find it ok to impersonate other players, make them look bad so that they possibly get banned from servers when they join, and generally be an ass to others?

If that's cool with you or the concensus...this game is doomed.

Fun Fact of the Day:

Counter-Strike has about 19000 servers running right now. It's had the worst cheating exploits of any PC game in history. Clans exist full of people just using hacks to piss off others playing, and yet it still has 19000 servers. Why? Because everyone still like to play the GAME.

JO2 has about 1400 right now and will continue to grow at a good pace, regardless of all these different 'codes', SC, ASC, whatever.

If you can't understand the irony of Artifex's post I really feel sorry for you.

Originally Posted by 6pac

This is not leading anywhere.. and nobody is convincing any1 else..

So PLZ! We all play to have fun.

I respect your way of playing if U respect mine.

I can't repect your way of playing because your way of playing is a distrespect to my way of playing.. Its simple.. I want to kill you

I want you to stop dueling and being a super easy target for me and at least try to kill me with everything at your disposal and not sit around watching people duel with your saber off

I will kill you. I will do anything in my power to stop you guys from hogging a FFS for bowing and a$$ kissing duels if you gang up and hunt me down.. I wouldn't mind that at all.. but don't kick ban me from a server. thats just not fair

The only way you can repect my playing style is to adopt FFA as how its supposed to be played

the only way I'll respect you guys.. if you play FFA the way Its supposed to be played..

in FFA don't expect win your Saber Fights.. thats why I have ALT FIRE on the repeater to stop them happening in the 1st place.

FFA in my opinion shouldn't have people dueling it should have people shooting..bombing Force using.. anything that causes quick fast efficent FRAGS

The only repect I give out is for those who make FFA feel like FFA

if your dueling in the corner.. Im gonna kill you

:D :D :D :D

Do whatever you want... Note that you are simply an hypocrite.

You say we're imposing our rules, while you impose your "no rules" rule.

You say you paid money for the game and want to have fun, so did we.

But I guess our ideas of fun are different.

What i'd like to see is server admin awareness of this so they enforce what they think right.

If you wanna play like that "easy frags".. why do you mind when we try to do easy frags on you... you wanna easy frag us? we gang up and easy frag you. End of story.

Originally posted by JediMaster2B

The purpose of the ASC (which as far as I can tell only exists in name) is not to "ruin other people's fun". The whole thread was just a tap on the shoulder to say "Hey man, this really is a great game and all, but don't forget that it's JUST a game."

The fact that the vast majority have responded so vehemently just proves the point that too many people out there are living virtual lives in PC-internet-fantasy land. The real world (not the tv show) is much more fulfilling.

VV007.

;)

Oh, and go to the gym. It's great :D

- Twitch

Originally posted by JediMaster2B

I'll rm -rf both of you and then we'll see who's the real Jedi Master!!!

OMG, that's nasty! ROTF!!!!! I wonder how many 'got it'? ;);)

SC vs ASC is like a clan-war without the clans! Very interesting; I'd like to see some kind of 'showdown'.....LOL.

Originally posted by Taicat

OMG, that's nasty! ROTF!!!!! I wonder how many 'got it'? ;);)

SC vs ASC is like a clan-war without the clans! Very interesting; I'd like to see some kind of 'showdown'.....LOL.

There IS a showdown set up! If you read above, Sithinator and I have a duel tonight!

I will post the results, win or lose!!

I find this thread hightly entertaining and felt I just had to add my thoughts to this. I only hope that people are interested in an actual discussion and not an excuse to flame me or ArtifeX with some of the increadibly irritating and immature drivel that I've read thus far.

First off, I always play with a code of honor. So yes, I like to bow before a duel, even on FFA servers. I perfer to use Light side powers and sabre only, even on a massive gun-filled FFA or CTF map.

I must say, when I read ArtifeX 's post I found it extremely funny. And I think that he definately should use those tactics. In fact I hope that when I face him some day he tries every to use every trick he can to try to kill me. I will always stick to my own code of honor and will enjoy the challenge. Choosing to be completely dishonerable is, in some ways, a code of honor in itself. Just because I completely disagree with your code of honor doesn't mean I won't respect it. The only thing I ask is that you respect my choice in my code.

I read the SC code and I felt it had a number of good ideas. I agree with a number of things on there, however I don't subscribe to the code because In some aspects I would say that I don't completely disagree with the ASC code either. For example, on a FFA server I might want to use the ocasional trip mine, sentry, or even the sniper gun if it makes sense. Although such circumstances would be extremely rare I think. I would never use such tactics in a Duel of any kind. That's why I so often go on Duel servers.

People getting angry over this stuff is rather silly. I mean, I've had people get really angry at me "for cheating" because I use heal during a duel. WTF?!? How is using heal cheating? The ability to heal is a central reason to playing light side to begin with. For that matter any force power is a central part of playing JK in the first place. Likewise I don't think it's cheating if someone tries to kill somebody who has their sabre sheathed by lobbing rockets at them. I'd never do it, but that's just my code. I tend to enjoy the game more when the other guy is being honorable as well, but that's just my preference.

If you manage to kill me in mid-bow, congrats on the free kill, I should've reacted faster. If you manage to grip/push/pull me of a ledge, nice job, I should've absorbed sooner. If you are able to kill me with a well placed ambush, great kill dude, I should watch out for that next time. If you shower me with therm granades or rockets and blow me up, good kill, I should've used push sooner. Basically any time you kill me, no matter how you managed it, I will give you the respect you deserve for that kill, and most importantly, learn from it so you can't kill me that way a second time. All the while continuing to follow my code of honor. Sure, you might rack up more frags than me, but like everyone keeps saying, it's just a game. Besides, everything in JKII has a counter, I've already mentioned several above. The skill is in figuring out what the counter is and when to use it. As it stand now I find people that use guns or explosives of any kind are usually rather easy to kill, as are most dark side users, simply because I've learned a number of counters to their common attacks. In the end, I don't care how many times you kill me, I having more fun playing it my way.

For a roleplay aspect, this ASC will only add to the game, as there will be a definite antagonist to those SC'ers out there. I think if I were an SC'er I would take this opportunity step up to the challenge that the ASC provides and figure out ways to counter ASC methods. (Off the top of my head I can already think of several.) That makes the game alot more interesting. Think about it, ASC represents exactly the sort of thing SC is trying to confront, ArtifeX was nice enough to give it a name.

Personally I hope that the two camps form into solid clans and we can see some kick ass clan battles going on out there that is true to the epic sense of Star Wars. Light side vs. Dark side, SC vs. ASC. Let the game begin!

p.s. BTW, JediMaster2B, I was ROTFLMAO reading your post, great stuff!

and yes I caught the rm -rf reference. :)

Well, I agree with ArtifeX. The guns are in the game for a reason. He likes to use them...others don't...do what you want to do, but don't complain when you get killed by a gun, cause pretty much every gun in this game is counterable if you know what to do. If you keep going against guys with guns, you'll only get better. And if you don't like it, get everyone in the server to help you hunt down the guys with the guns...anything goes, and I'm sure if you guys are good enough you can take him out. That's just my take on it...have fun.

I find it amusing that they "play Jedi" in a FREE FOR ALL server and get pissed because they don't understand that FREE FOR ALL is no holds bar, no rules, hmm lets see, oh yeah FREE FOR ****ING ALL. I mean, what the **** do you think DUEL servers are for? To look pretty? No - to DUEL in, go to a DUEL server if you want to DUEL. If you people can not grasp this simple concept then our species is doomed.

As stated, if the guns are enabled on a FREE FOR ALL server, gee lets think - then the admin wants guns to be used. You come running at me with a saber in a FREE FOR ALL server, you know what I'm gonna do? I'm going to run backwards and drop a Detpack and blow your dumb ass up. I'm going to launch a Tracker Rocket at you and laugh as it tracks you across the map because you're running away too stupid to use force push on it, or better yet, wait for you to come at me with your pathetic saber, watch you jump over my head, and force push you so high you die from the fall. I'll annihilate you with the Repeater, E-11, Thermal Detonator, and whatever other weapons I have at my disposal, because that's what you're supposed to do in a FREE FOR ALL. Yet, if I want to "play Jedi" like you people I'll go, hmmm let me think, where does logic tell me I should go if I want to duel....Hmmm OH YEAH! A DUEL server.

This is the most hilarious thread ever,

First off ArtiFex, ur ****'n hilarious

Secondly -SC- is even more hilarious

Bow???

that is ****'n retarded

You guys say you aren't enforcing your ideologies, yet you get pissed off when someone doesn't play the way you guys do

Just cause George Lucas told a story one way doesn't mean you've gotta follow it word for word

wtf "play like real jedis"????

Jedi's use force too you morons get that through ur heads

don't get all b*tchy cause some one gripped you

grow some balls and stop your whinning, if some one shoots you, shoot em back

u morons

Originally posted by Kreidian

I find this thread hightly entertaining and felt I just had to add my thoughts to this. I only hope that people are interested in an actual discussion and not an excuse to flame me or ArtifeX with some of the increadibly irritating and immature drivel that I've read thus far.

First off, I always play with a code of honor. So yes, I like to bow before a duel, even on FFA servers. I perfer to use Light side powers and sabre only, even on a massive gun-filled FFA or CTF map.

I must say, when I read ArtifeX 's post I found it extremely funny. And I think that he definately should use those tactics. In fact I hope that when I face him some day he tries every to use every trick he can to try to kill me. I will always stick to my own code of honor and will enjoy the challenge. Choosing to be completely dishonerable is, in some ways, a code of honor in itself. Just because I completely disagree with your code of honor doesn't mean I won't respect it. The only thing I ask is that you respect my choice in my code.

(snip)...

That is the first dissenting, yet mature post in this thread. Congratulations on your higher state of evolution.

You are correct. *ASC* is about nothing other than providing an antagonistic polar opposite to the -SC- followers. Hopefully, both groups will grow and come into conflict frequently with grand melees that we all talk about for weeks as the result.

Originally posted by Soul-Burn

Bungalow, if u even took u'r time to read this thread and SC's thread, you'd understand how much BS you wrote.

I have read both threads, and it is not clear to me what part of what he said you think is BS. Please eludicate.

The ASCs are whining that the SCs are ganging up on them... They are afraid of us.

I have already accepted the challenge from Sithanator. Perhaps this is your way of throwing down your gauntlet as well?

Archived