Home

The Anti-Saberist Code

ArtifeX

Do you swear to uphold the *ASC* ?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you swear to uphold the *ASC* ?

• I do so swear!
    • mommy! you guys are mean!

ArtifeX

I hear ya man.. theres nothing worse then Joining an FFA server

then to see people standing around saber dueling. and those

stupid anyoying people that turn off their sabers and crouch as to

bow.. oh man that really makes me sick to my stomach to see

people acting in such a fashion towards a video game. Then

I've asked... publicly lets fight with these guns laying around this

level I get told to join other servers? I THINK NOT.. Im gonna

Shoot everyone that acts like a little Jedi Fanboy.

You guys all deserve to play in your duel servers don't play in FFA

and waste time peoples time with code and ethics

and and most importantly

GET A GOD DAMN LIFE, IT'S A GAME

You may tell me that Im ruinging the game for YOU

I PAID MY SHARE

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found your post hilaroius an I agree to some extent with it. Some days I will go out of my way to kill people with their sabers off, others I will respect what they want and just ignore them. Sometimes its just an accident.

Everyone here has paid money for the game (we hope) and deserves to do what they want. Who are you SC boys to tell me what to do? Did you pay more, did you write the game? If its your server and they are the rules, fair enough I'll abide by them. But if its an a Public FFA then be prepared.

I actually thought ArtifeX's "code" was a bit funny, eventhough I'm a die-hard saberist who holds no "code"... I will say, however, that the changing of "tags" and models to mimic other (SC)players is in very bad taste and deserves a boot from the server you're playing on.... But the other stuff is funny, hehe.

Before dueling, I usually bow, followed by a quick Irish Jig. Afterwards, I do the robot, scrambler, and if the server allows it, the worm. I then extend my hand in friendship and squeeze in a manner that is not too tough, so as to intimidate, but also not so soft so as I'm taken as a sissy.

And then, I duel.

Originally posted by Breakin2'

Before dueling, I usually bow, followed by a quick Irish Jig. Afterwards, I do the robot, scrambler, and if the server allows it, the worm. I then extend my hand in friendship and squeeze in a manner that is not too tough, so as to intimidate, but also not so soft so as I'm taken as a sissy.

And then, I duel.

Demos, screenies, and console commands please. I NEED to learn how to do all that (even though you forgot the "Roger Rabbit" and the "Running Man").

ArtiFag, you are a freakin' moron. Plain&Simple! -You must clearly be between the ages of 6-12 or you have the mentality to match. It's ignorant idiots like you that ruin MP gaming for other players,particularly JK][!:rolleyes: Congratulations a$$hol3, you have just blackballed yourself.:rolleyes::cool:

-This proposed code is not a law to force other players how to play but rather a simple proposal of goddamn respect to your fellow players! You ignorant fishheads are taking it like we're trying to dictate how you should play. Thats not the case idiots,learn how to comprehend properly what you read kiddies! -This code is about respect and common decency to other online players. But you kids(you know who you are) with your childish intellects would'nt understand anything about decentcy,respect,or honor! -Some real shallow/ignorant freakin' SOBs here:rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, there is no requirement of honor for a FFA server. I use the saber until I get an explosive weapon, at which point I use it till I'm out of ammo. I'll kill people with their sabers off, and in the middle of a saber fight(I won't interrupt in real duels though, talk about obnoxious). I'll push and grip them off the edge whenever the opportunity arises. As far as I'm concerned, FFA is fair game; it's not called Free For All for nothing. I do play on Duel servers when I feel like having some real saber fights, but anyone on a FFA server is free game for death by whatever means necessary. It's the same on saber only FFA servers, just without using guns. Why people start FFA games so they can stand in one place and take turns dueling eachother is beyond me(though if everyone is doing this, I'll just leave rather than mess with it).

Short of cheating , there is no way people following the rules on this thread are ruining the experiences of MP in general... FFA is called FREE FOR ALL.. if you want to make up rules, you are setting yourself up for a major disappointment... your little lameo code of "honor"(LAUGH) is a joke to most players... if you want to create your own PRIVATE PASSWORDED server, then that is fine.. but otherwise you will not and cannot enforce your little pansy "code".. jesus.. what fruits...Bow to me and you'll lose your head.. just like if you did that crap to someone in a fight to the death..

Well Zeek....this code of respect was proposed because of 3 main reasons:

1)Lamers continuously scoring cheap kills by attacking players that have thier saber off awaiting a duel from a fellow player.

2)Lamers attacking players that are standing still and obviously not playing at the moment due to a sudden phonecall,doorbell,getting another beer,smoking a bong,etc;;

3)Lamers interfering in gaddamn duels and intentionally getting in the way. This is especially not freakin' cool! Being a total pr!ck and purposely getting in the way of 2 players in a locked duel is just freakin' ignorant BS!

......There you have it. Players that cannot play respectfully need thier freakin' a$$es whipped for real! -I would be more than happy to face off with some of the a$$holes I have run across online! :mad::rolleyes:

Originally posted by S!TH!NAT0R

ArtiFag, you are a freakin' moron. Plain&Simple! -You must clearly be between the ages of 6-12 or you have the mentality to match. It's ignorant idiots like you that ruin MP gaming for other players,particularly JK][!:rolleyes: Congratulations a$$hol3, you have just blackballed yourself.:rolleyes::cool:

-This proposed code is not a law to force other players how to play but rather a simple proposal of goddamn respect to your fellow players! You ignorant fishheads are taking it like we're trying to dictate how you should play. Thats not the case idiots,learn how to comprehend properly what you read kiddies! -This code is about respect and common decency to other online players. But you kids(you know who you are) with your childish intellects would'nt understand anything about decentcy,respect,or honor! -Some real shallow/ignorant freakin' SOBs here:rolleyes:

LOL

Are you finished? We're a bit older than 12. If you want to make up rules on public FFA servers, you instead need to get your own box to play on or write a mod w/ the 'decency' rules you've come up with. We prefer to play based on the rules Raven wrote into the game. BTW....these do not include hand-holding, singing, dancing, manditory bowing, tree hugging, or invunerability when your sabre is off.

REMINDER: THIS IS JUST A GAME !!!!

Originally posted by S!TH!NAT0R

ROFLMO, Oh man, stop, you're killing me! HAAHAHA! WHHOOOoooooo....man. Damn.

I bet you're gonna wear homemade Jedi Robes to the Episode 2 premiere, aren't you?

Originally posted by ArtifeX

How is using a heavy swing like playing Quake 3? Remember, no matter how hard you try, you won't be a jedi. Really. No kidding. It's a game. If you want to win, use what works, not what makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

myg0t? You're comparing me to the most notorious cheaters on the web? Have I said or done anything that would lead you to believe that I cheat? No? Rethink your statement.

Man, it's so easy to get you guys riled.

No, I bought Jedi Knight to play as a jedi, If I wanted to run around fraggin with a gun I'd buy Q3.

Originally posted by [FTN]Topper

No, I bought Jedi Knight to play as a jedi, If I wanted to run around fraggin with a gun I'd buy Q3.

If you want to stand around in a FFA server with your sabre off you obviosuly want to die ! Grow up, move out of your parents house, get a job, shut up.

What I don't get is why the duels must be honorable. Did Luke and Darth Vader bow before dueling? I mean, since some people here seem to really want to live the movies, where is the basis for all this bowing and goodwill?

I do remember that Daniel-san bowed to Johnny before their climatic fight in Karate Kid. Maybe we're all just waiting for a big Karate Kid multiplayer game. You could wax cars and paint fences to build up your stats. It'll be like an RPG. Man, I may be sitting on a gold mine...

Originally posted by [FTN]Topper

Ok, you play as a jedi, and I'll play as a guy with a computer and an internet connection, ok.

oh, don't forget to take your meds, your nurses get upset when you forget.:D

What I don't get is why the duels must be honorable. Did Luke and Darth Vader bow before dueling? I mean, since some people here seem to really want to live the movies, where is the basis for all this bowing and goodwill?

I do remember that Daniel-san bowed to Johnny before their climatic fight in Karate Kid. Maybe we're all just waiting for a big Karate Kid multiplayer game. You could wax cars and paint fences to build up your stats. It'll be like an RPG. Man, I may be sitting on a gold mine...

Holy **** man, you almost gave me an aneurism with that one! Karate-Kid FPS's forever!

woohoo ! man i think you are...that's pretty funny. you could probably make a fortune selling it to these SA guys alone.

I find it rather funny that their most widely used counterpoint is that they bought the game because they wanted to "play Jedi". Helloooooo? Did you arrive late, or just decide not to ride the Logic Train? You bought it to "play Jedi", meanwhile, they bought it to play with guns as well as the sabers, or whatever the **** they want - the point is, you think that just because you play it a certain way, that subsequently everyone else has to play the same way. This is the psychological thinking that is supposed to be replaced with rational thought and such things as common sense after one has passed infancy. You play your way, they play theirs.

You know, there are other game modes, and different servers with different rules subsiding in each of those modes, logic dictates to find one that suits how you want to play. Play in the servers that are set up in the mannor you wish to play. Don't impose your beliefs on others because you don't like how they wish to play. Then again since you lack the common sense to know this, I'm sure you're sitting there thinking(and I use this term lightly) to yourself "Duuurr..wha he sayed???//"

And on a side note, I look forward to the comical replies that surely will insue.

I personally like to play the run and gun way.. on FFA servers with Guns involved, and Grip,lighting, Drain Darkside way on Saber Only servers. On duel servers I see people bow and then freak as I throw my saber at them and half their health... They'll learn next time.

The best is FFA I was saberdueling and some guy put down an assault sentry in the middle of the duel

cruel

evil

smart

fun

I threw a thermal detornator at him but died anyway.

acknowledged the good kill, he was cool with it as I was.

and I got him back later with Darkrage and Secondary Repeter Rilfe fire.

we didn't take it personally, I didn't know the guy

it was simple.. we knew that the game was a game and houner and codes should be left to wussies

Archived