Home

The Anti-Saberist Code

ArtifeX

Do you swear to uphold the *ASC* ?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you swear to uphold the *ASC* ?

• I do so swear!
    • mommy! you guys are mean!

Originally posted by Obi-Cyph

Relax damnit!

Let people play how they want. If its a server that says they play by a certain Code, don't go on there just to not play by it. Go elsewhere. Don't insult peoples opinions on how they want to play the game. Respect their opinions, and respect the fact that they are merely wanting to get more fun out of the game by playing from a Code.

Simple. At least, it should be. [/b]

I have no problems with them playing by certan rules, if they feel like playibg by rules fine. But it's when they say 'we will gang up on you' that makes me kinda angry. They are forceing their ideas on me which i do not appriciate. If they want to play by rules thats ok with me. But they should not expect evryone to respect tho's rules or play by them.

I'm in a clan and in leagues + matches there needs to rules so that the game is played fairly. But in my opinion public servers are not the place for rules, after all it's just a game and we are all hear to enjoy it. People can play how they want but like i say, do not expect others to play how you want.

Krak3n

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play with the -SC- tag and follow all of the parts except one... If a guy attacks me against my beliefs and play style I will either ignore it or grab a rocket launcher and lay the smacketh down up him. Thats just how the game works. I know I can play a FPS FFA with some degree of skill and have no problem with doing so but I like a saber game I bought this to play as a jedi because the rule... On the other hand I understand that others are more in favour of Bounty Hunters and Imperial's and if they wish to play sniper then go ahead. If you want to duke it out fine. I think ganging up is pointless unless it an entirely -SC- server. But if theres a load of guys saber fighting and waiting to duel on the Bespin Landing Pad. Its to easy to score a kill that way if I'm not SCing I'll usually give it a wide burth I mean if your playing to win there not really a threat.

Good points cyph..

And I do not try to enforce the rules on any1..

except when they go out of their way to spoil my fun as me and some friends duel in some secluded area..

If they insist on attackin us 3 when where sabers down, why should we not hunt him down and kill him a few times just to make a point that we´re not easy game.

I love it when theres a bunch of ppl watching a duel and a "swinger" comes in waving his saber at any1 and anything, and 1 of us just grips/pushes him off the edge.

Anyway.. I play duels sometime, and sometime I go and duke it out with the rest..

and those that wanna score an easy point out of me.. dont.

But as cyph said, CHILL!

This is not leading anywhere.. and nobody is convincing any1 else..

So PLZ! We all play to have fun.

I respect your way of playing if U respect mine.

:fett:

Originally posted by [FTN]Topper

Exactly, why start a thread on how to ruin peoples enjoyment? Maybe he thinks this is a mygot forum. Well it's not. And why don't people ever say stuff like that right to my face?

We. Are. Not. Talking. About. myg0t.

Originally posted by Chewie Bakker

People actually bow in FFA? :rofl:

Bowing's cool in duels, a long as it's brief and doesn't keep the other player waiting too long, but I don't think it has a place in FFA.

I don't agree! Bowing promotes fun games of Catch-my-Saber!

However, I think that the Anti-saberists code is a load of $#|7 and only serves the purpose to p|$$ off other gamers.

Really, and here I thought I was just making everyone come together in love and brotherhood.

And I don't really care if you find pleasure in killing an idle player. If you find that the only way to get on the scoreboard is through cheap kills like that, then fine. Just don't expect anyone to think you're 1337 because you killed a heap of idlers and didn't have the guts to earn your kills the real way.

:yobi:

The ASC has nothing to do with getting on the scoreboard--who cares about score? I just want to have a gaggle of frothy-mouthed fanboys all out for my blood. When you reach a certain skill level, then killing generic n00bies gets old. I prefer to have everyone gang up on me. It's more of a challenge that way.

Originally posted by Soul-Burn

What you don't understad is that:

WE ARE NOT TRYING TO F**KING IMPOSE OUR IDEAS ON YOU!@%@#^@#^!@$

The only thing we are doing, is saying that if you wanna play FFA, play it however you want, but know that if it's FFA and you're allowed to do whatever you want, we're allowed to gang up on you.

Hey! Good for you! That's exactly what I'm after! 4 bowing bozos are much more fun to kill than just 1!

You people are saying that "we are trying to impose our rules on you" while saying "you will play however you want"... THIS IS F**KING HYPOCRISY!! IF YOU WANNA PLAY HOWEVER YOU WANT, WE ARE ALLOWED TOO AND DON'T WHINE LIKE ArtiFag ABOUT IT.

I never said that you were trying to impose your rules on anyone. I just think you need to pop mommy's tit out of your mouth and realize it's just a game.

I'm saddened by this. People who expand the premise of the game, (SC) shouldn't be mocked. It's their choice. You can choose not to participate, but should respect their wishes. The ASCers will be my first target, even though I'm not sure I'll carry the SC code all the time.

Originally posted by Jedi_Overlord

I'm saddened by this. People who expand the premise of the game, (SC) shouldn't be mocked. It's their choice. You can choose not to participate, but should respect their wishes. The ASCers will be my first target, even though I'm not sure I'll carry the SC code all the time.

Then don't mock me. I'm expanding the game by swearing to upold the ASC. How is that different from swearing to uphold the SC? As you ask, I am respecting their wishes--their wishes to present themselves as a tasty frag morsel waiting to be plucked from the tree of opportunity.

I welcome your attempts upon my person.

Why should you go after the people who chose not to play by yout rules? That is their choice as well. If u do go after ASC'ers then wont you be trying to force your ideas on to people.

Just let people play as they wish, i do. But do not exect me or anyone else to like you play by your rules.

just hope all the SC'ers will post some servers where they can be found. I've been looking diligently since yesterday and unfortunately haven't found any yet.

--Hey Artifax, I can be found here 99% of the time. This happens to be the only worthwhile server playing on half the time:rolleyes:

blag(saber_only) 24.66.172:28070

-Pay a visit to your impending doom sometime!;):D

-Or if you prefer to speed up yur a$$-whooping 0vvnag3, ICQ me and I'll be more than happy to set up a 1on1 JK][ server!:)

Originally posted by S!TH!NAT0R

just hope all the SC'ers will post some servers where they can be found. I've been looking diligently since yesterday and unfortunately haven't found any yet.

--Hey Artifag, I can be found here 99% of the time. This happens to be the only worthwhile server playing on half the time:rolleyes:

blag(saber_only) 24.66.172:28070

-Pay a visit to your impending doom sometime!;):D

-Or if you prefer to speed up yur a$$-whooping 0vvnag3, ICQ me and I'll be more than happy to set up a 1on1 JK][ server!:)

Will do! Yay! Friendliness!

Ok, all of you -SC- guys, with all your ranting and flaming, none of you scares me like this guys does:

Originally posted by JediKnight25

Before I wage a duel, I turn the saber off, crouch, then bow my head to show respect. Its starting to catch on in the rooms I frequent, which is nice. I use to be a Sith, but I have been reborn into a JK, therefore I use the name Anakin. The power of drain lured me into the dark side, but my friend trained me in the ways of the saber so I do not need to "cheat" anymore.

I am rendered speechless, flameless, rantless. Nothing measures up to the task of reacting to this post. Well,...

I bet this guy sits in front of his computer wearing jedi robes made out of bed sheets and tries to move the mouse cursor with his mind.

Originally posted by ArtifeX

All those declaring allegiance to the Anti-Saberist Code will swear the following:

1. I will attack anyone with the identifying -SC- Suffix Tag upon sight to the exclusion of all other targets.

2. Anyone turning off their lightsaber is declaring either their contempt of the Anti-Saberist Code or their ignorance. In either case they must die.

{snip useless ramblings}

ArtifeX *ASC*

You just made a case and point for the whole saberist code. And you are the sort of person that likes to ruin games for other people, aren't you. In fact, I bet you used to be part of the TF clan ZOO.

On the other hand, this stuff is comedic gold.

Originally posted by ArtifeX

Then don't mock me. I'm expanding the game by swearing to upold the ASC. How is that different from swearing to uphold the SC? As you ask, I am respecting their wishes--their wishes to present themselves as a tasty frag morsel waiting to be plucked from the tree of opportunity.

I welcome your attempts upon my person.

If your ASC didn't do things such as impersonating the SC, then it would be cool. The fact you have to attempt to defame those that play following the SC shows just how childish your whole premise is. Being against the whole SC concept and fighting them to an exclusivitiy, even playing dirty on them is ok - impersonating and trying to defame them is not.

Who are you, Artifex, to mock my Jedi robes??? No they are NOT made out of bed sheets. I spent money for quality fabric and sewed them myself! If roll playing helps people to enjoy the gaming experience, the I say good for them!

You're just as big a pain as my mom. She's always coming down to my basement apartment and hasseling me. "Are you *still* on that computer?" "Why don't you go outside?" "Don't you like girls?" "38 is too old to be still living at home!"

What does she know? I wish I could chmod 700 my door to keep her out.

I'll rm -rf both of you and then we'll see who's the real Jedi Master!!!

Originally posted by Jiro Kage

If your ASC didn't do things such as impersonating the SC, then it would be cool. The fact you have to attempt to defame those that play following the SC shows just how childish your whole premise is. Being against the whole SC concept and fighting them to an exclusivitiy, even playing dirty on them is ok - impersonating and trying to defame them is not.

Oh, in that case, I definintely won't impersonate -SC-. Nope, sure won't. Definitely won't do that. Nope, no reason to expect that anymore.

You just make it so easy.

Time and time again you show you have no maturity on something as simple as a forum for a video game. Not only is that one step displaced from a silly game, but it even goes farther to the boards. You are definitely a winner.

It's ok, every game has its little group of people trying to ruin whatever fun someone else may have. Nice of you to step up to the plate. ;)

Ok, in all seriousness (previous post aside) I have to agree with Artifex.

YOU ARE ALL MISSING THE POINT!

The purpose of the ASC (which as far as I can tell only exists in name) is not to "ruin other people's fun". The whole thread was just a tap on the shoulder to say "Hey man, this really is a great game and all, but don't forget that it's JUST a game."

The fact that the vast majority have responded so vehemently just proves the point that too many people out there are living virtual lives in PC-internet-fantasy land. The real world (not the tv show) is much more fulfilling.

Ask yourself one question... if you spend 200 hours a month playing and practicing JK2 and become the most kickass player in the world, what does it get you? You're the world's greatest at doing something that doesn't matter.

It's your life though... I just think Artifex is trying to "return balance to the Force".

In other words you find it ok to impersonate other players, make them look bad so that they possibly get banned from servers when they join, and generally be an ass to others?

If that's cool with you or the concensus...this game is doomed.

Archived