Home

The Anti-Saberist Code

ArtifeX

Do you swear to uphold the *ASC* ?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you swear to uphold the *ASC* ?

• I do so swear!
    • mommy! you guys are mean!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I take great comfort in the fact that people who play to win will go to the newest, fastest game as soon as it becomes available, while those of us who play for fun will finally be rid of them.

I already regret having dignified this thread with a response...

:usa:

:wstupid:

Hi. I've only just read this thread - in fact I've only just registered on this forum. However, I've already heard of ArtifeX - I haven't played a MP game in a long time that isn't running Promod. Great mod, BTW:D . It seems to me that a lot of people really need to think about what they're saying.

One phrase that will stick in my mind for a long time:

"ArtiFag, you are a freakin' moron. Plain&Simple! -You must clearly be between the ages of 6-12 or you have the mentality to match. It's ignorant idiots like you that ruin MP gaming for other players,particularly JK][!" (credit for this fabulous and wonderfully intelligent statement goes to S!TH!NATOR - or something like that)

Hmmm... you seem to have contradicted yourself in this statement - something to do with a mis-spelling and an insult - maybe you should have thought this through before you posted.

I don't care about these rules - I wouldn't follow them unless every server was following them. Even then I'd be more likely to stick to the LAN that I normally play on. If you want rules like that, keep them to a server of your own - that way people who don't want to follow them won't - also, ArtifeX - if they want to follow these rules - that's their choice - don't start threads like this - although I don't believe that there was any point in the thread containing the "Saberist Code" either.

SITHINATOR - do you have some kind of problem with people aged between 6 and 16 - you sound like you are within that bracket. How old are you? I'm 14. Do I sound like I'm spouting immature crap? There's a difference between maturity and age - you don't seem to have mastered the maturity yet, although you may have the age. Possibly you've beaten the 6 year old, though - you're perhaps not in those realms anymore, at least.

ArtifeX, there's no need to deliberately piss people off - keep it to yourself - although you and I know that he's not going to discover force sensitivity being noble on a MP game - especially with that temper. (Before anyone comments - I'm not pretending I don't have a short temper or anything like that).

Play the way you want, people - it adds variety to the game -which is too often missing in games like CS and UT ("Why don't we spawn-camp, or use a wall hack - it's so FUN!" - there is FAR too much of this) - it's difficult to add variety in a guns-only game - there's too little to vary.

Where would the world be without villains - there would be no heroes! I don't mean cheating - I just mean generally brutal and vicious players who play to kill anyone and everyone as easily as possible. It's the work that goes into beating these players your own way that makes the game fun.

Finally, and most importantly, IT'S A GAME - don't get yourself too wound up about it - I used to play X-Wing Alliance, and I saw far too many people leave because they got wound up over something essentially harmless.

P.S. Woohoo! My first post on a JKII forum!:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Final Rule: I Swear to be a lamer since i dont have the skills to take on anyone with their gaurd up and submit myself to cheasy tactics in the JK series such as pull kick , and pull throw because i cant beat anyone without the advantage, at the same time i swear to deny my weakness and claim to own even though i dont confine my skills to honor and expect somone who does to beat me.

Before I reply....

ULTIMATE THREAD REVIVAL!!!!!

Okay. First...

:deathii: If someone relies on not having their guard up to survive, they have no skills.

:deathii: If someone keeps on spamming a technique on you, then you're doing something wrong! Why not disallow attacking, after all, it does give the one who doesn't die an unfair advantage

:deathii: I won't confine my skills to "honor." :cool:

There should be some kind of special Anti-thread revival special forces at LF on 24 hour alert for something like this :)

Errr...it goes to show people argue about JA just like they did for JO. It's a shame we haven't seen any more from ProMod, that was the only kind of JO I played in the end - I know ArtifeX passed it on to the AotC project and we haven't yet seen the fruits of this for download.

This has been going on for ages...

Final Rule: I Swear to be a lamer since i dont have the skills to take on anyone with their gaurd up and submit myself to cheasy tactics in the JK series such as pull kick , and pull throw

Don't make me laugh. JKA = GAME. What's the purpose of this game? To score frag points. Is there any rule saying HOW we must acheive frags? No. Therefore, pull kick, pull throw, grip kick, etc, isn't cheap, it's all in the game. You think that's cheap, go to console and type 'devmap', for god's sake, it'll make you FAINT.

because i cant beat anyone without the advantage

It's not an advantage if you say it's easy to do. If I'm not wrong, all people who play the game can use it, can't they?

at the same time i swear to deny my weakness and claim to own even though i dont confine my skills to honor and expect somone who does to beat me.

Deny weakness? Nah, on the contrary. Since they use skills which are easier to score points, we should learn those moves too, shouldn't we?

Confine skills to honor? I don't consider whining honor, thank you. I was on the -{DS}- server earlier today, and I kept using grip kick on everyone, including a dude named 'something-Knight'(Let's call him Knight, shall we?). Anyway, I used grip kick on him tons of times, and in the end, guess what he did? He came up to me and asked me to teach him how to do grip kick, instead of doing the usual whining and bitching like 'OMG YOU HAXORZ NOOB!!!'. He was being a good sport about it. THAT, is honor. Not in your skills or anything, but your attitude.

Originally posted by AxWolF

What a change of atitude allanon, after you being such a woozy coward honor noob. You r begining to see.

And by the way, this is a huge revival, this thread died 7 months ago.

Exactly... I was bored one day, and I went into a server to lame. I've seen my fair share of whiners already.

Originally posted by Druid Allanon

Anyway, I used grip kick on him tons of times, and in the end, guess what he did? He came up to me and asked me to teach him how to do grip kick, instead of doing the usual whining and bitching like 'OMG YOU HAXORZ NOOB!!!'. He was being a good sport about it. THAT, is honor. Not in your skills or anything, but your attitude.

We need more people like him instead of whiners that tell you to stop using techniques.

Archived