Home

The Book of Honor: Sabre Rules for FFA

Phayyde

Faithful Jedi warriors hail!

Here is the code of honor that is in use from NOW ON on EVERY SERVER. If you do not follow this code to the letter, you will be dishonored. And yes this applies to all servers, even FFA, so get with the picture.

1. You shall use the saber and only the saber.

2. If you see anyone using any weapon other than the saber, you must callvote to kick/ban the dishonorable scum.

3. If you see someone with saber off, you must signal the hail sign to signify that you are of the code. Do this by turning your saber off and spinning 180 degrees three times with a 2.73 second pause between each turn. It MUST be timed correctly or you will be deemed an imposter and kick/banned, you dishonorable scum!

4. No kick move in melee. It's lame.

5. No saber throwing!

6. No Drain. It's lame too.

7. Know what? No ANY force nuthin! I've died too many times from lamers using those force powers, so byebye force! True Jedi don't need force.

8. No jumping in melee. Because the game just gets too confusing when I can't hit ppl.

9. No hitting back! When I hit you, you can't hit me back because it takes away my hit points.

10. No running! Tru jedi walk everwhere. If you don't know this already, prepare to be kickbanned you dishonorable scum!

11. Actually, the whole thing would be much better if you just didn't move at all. So... sorry, no moving!

12. And no crouching either, you dishonorable cheater scum!

13. No more single player gamiong either. You must delete all your savegames and only connect to MP servers, preferably FFA.

14. No whining either! True jedi are good sports and don't mind getting killed by me.

There. Now that everyone is playing by my rules, we can make this a game WE CAN ALL ENJOY!

May the farce be with you!

Phayyde, I have never seen the like of this. I laughed so hard when first I saw it, that I disgorged my lungs onto my keyboard, and am even now using my tie to mop up the blood and cell fluid. I would like your permission to reproduce this at any time, should a fool start ranting about "dishonour" in my presence.

My god, I wish I had some sort of medal to pin on you.

• 11 months later...
Originally posted by Phayyde

Faithful Jedi warriors hail!

Here is the code of honor that is in use from NOW ON on EVERY SERVER. If you do not follow this code to the letter, you will be dishonored. And yes this applies to all servers, even FFA, so get with the picture.

1. You shall use the saber and only the saber.

2. If you see anyone using any weapon other than the saber, you must callvote to kick/ban the dishonorable scum.

3. If you see someone with saber off, you must signal the hail sign to signify that you are of the code. Do this by turning your saber off and spinning 180 degrees three times with a 2.73 second pause between each turn. It MUST be timed correctly or you will be deemed an imposter and kick/banned, you dishonorable scum!

4. No kick move in melee. It's lame.

5. No saber throwing!

6. No Drain. It's lame too.

7. Know what? No ANY force nuthin! I've died too many times from lamers using those force powers, so byebye force! True Jedi don't need force.

8. No jumping in melee. Because the game just gets too confusing when I can't hit ppl.

9. No hitting back! When I hit you, you can't hit me back because it takes away my hit points.

10. No running! Tru jedi walk everwhere. If you don't know this already, prepare to be kickbanned you dishonorable scum!

11. Actually, the whole thing would be much better if you just didn't move at all. So... sorry, no moving!

12. And no crouching either, you dishonorable cheater scum!

13. No more single player gamiong either. You must delete all your savegames and only connect to MP servers, preferably FFA.

14. No whining either! True jedi are good sports and don't mind getting killed by me.

There. Now that everyone is playing by my rules, we can make this a game WE CAN ALL ENJOY!

May the farce be with you!

Why didn't LucasArts just keep out ALL the force powers if lame RPG'ers would try to make their gay saber code? Play the game and quit making up your own god damn rules.

• 2 weeks later...

"f lame RPG'ers would try to make their gay saber code? "

Note: They are called Fanboys not Lame RPGers these people are in no way RPing they think they are,but it only puts a bad name to the "true RPers" please dont attack the Cool ones who dont force their Ways of playing on you :)

Maybe "RPG wannabes" is better.

When I hear that I think of the guys who talk about "honor" in the game (they type "honorable" stuff while fighting) and crouch to pretend they're bowing and walk with their saber off towards each other (and then whine when you don't do it too).

It's true, they aren't really role playing anything from the movies, and they aren't roleplaying in the gamer sense, they're just trying to add a few role playing mannerisms to an FPS game, which in and of itself is nothing bad, its just when they try to force it on other unwilling players that it becomes a problem.

Very funny rules.

Point is, there is no codebook. Fanboys suck, sure. However, when playing on someone's server that has rules put in place by the folks who shuck out the cash to host it, then play by those rules or get kicked, simple enough. Otherwise, host your own & play how you like.:fett:

Archived