Home

Trade Fed. misrepresented?

lon

i've been wondering about this, and maybe someone here can shed some light on the subject.

why was the trade fed. given a poor air force? as we know from the movies and the RPG, droid starfighters are not only shielded, but are also ridiculously cheap (19,000 credits new) since they don't need a hyperdrive, any space for crew, or consumables for the pilot. there is no pilot, just a droid brain.

given this, why can't the trade fed pick up the shielding and efficient manufacturing upgrades for fighters?

i know that droidekas are ridiculously powerful, but i think this is also a misrepresentation. droideka are cool, but not that cool.

if droideka are limited to basic Mech upgrades as opposed to all the troop upgrades, and the Trade Feds air was improved to compensate, do you think there would be balance?

i certainly don't want them to be as good at air as the rebels and naboo, but they should be better than they are.

thoughts?

-lon

of course, balance is the key. ;)

all i'm saying is, there must be a better way to balance it all out without denying the trade fed what they naturally should be at least somewhat respectable at. ;)

but then, maybe there's a problem with having strengths in air and mechs together. does any race have that kind of combination?

-lon

• 3 weeks later...

Where in the movie did it show TF fighters having shields?

Besides who would be the Empire if you could have great mechs, great sea power, great air, and droidekkas with the Trade Fedretion. Plus, the added bonus of not building houses!

Tie Defenders have shields too, but they don't get them in the game.

Maybe the Empire and TF have had budget cutbacks;)

Besides nothing says there isn't more than one type of TF fighter. Maybe those in ground based forces aren't given shields to save money?

:atat: Join Imperial Vengeance: http://telhazen.home.att.net/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the Droid ships should be able to get armour. This would make them better than the gungans, without putting them before the more air-advanced civs. Course, I think the whole armour/shield thing should be spread out a bit more. Give the gungans neither shields or armour (too much stress on the animals to carry it all), give the TF and Confed armour, give some civs shields but no armour, and give 1 or 2 (rebels, for example) both...

Kryllith

Originally posted by Acharjay

But the Droid Starfighters didn't have personal shields.

Actually according to the SWRPG 1st Edition Core Rulebook(Officiated by LucasArts) Droid Starfighters did have sheilds and those sheilds are JUST as strong as the X-Wings, and Z-95's although a little less strong than the Y-Wing's.

Originally posted by DashRendar

Actually according to the SWRPG 1st Edition Core Rulebook(Officiated by LucasArts) Droid Starfighters did have sheilds and those sheilds are JUST as strong as the X-Wings, and Z-95's although a little less strong than the Y-Wing's.

yep, i think that's what threw me off.

the 2nd edition removes their shields.

so, yeah, shields aren't necessary, but they should still at least have efficient manufacturing. ;)

-lon

Hey i agree the trade fedartion is bad now in some ways they should prouduce units so much more quickly like troopers cause look in Espoide 2 they mad like 100 troopers in like 2 mins but it shouldnt be as good as republic in fact they should increase the speed of there troopers if they do so with the trade and i agree the driod star fighters should be good cuase they had alot of them and they were pretty good so they should be cheaper like galactic empire but they should be good not prefect and they should land liek u should be able to press a button to make them land and attack anti air units i think all civs should have a special abitly like the galactic empire at-at like for the condecy there anti air moblie should be able to attack land units to like in espisode 2 and driod star fighters that can walk etc like for every civz and civz that are good in jedi should be able to do force powers like force push,lighting, but they should all take force power and they should do certain damage tell me wat u all think of these things they should add and oo ya the reapeater troopers should be changed so they dont carry that bigg thing it should be like a hand held laser reapter like in the game episode 1 the phatom meance the trade fedartion and republic should have there proper air tranports like the trade fedartion lander and republic lander comon garry u made the rebels have there porper tranport like in the movie tell me wat u guys all think bout these upgrades... thanks

Archived