Home

25,000+ Members but no Search Function?

[3dr]Sniper

I would think with a forum this large *we* would be able to use the search feature. I'm not sure if someone has already addressed this issue but I would have searched to see if someone did, but I can't search because it’s been disabled WTF! :(

I'm NOT searching thru pages and pages to find a topic when it would have been a lot easier to use the search feature, and I’m sure others feel the same. The smart thing to do would be enabling it so then when these forums get new *rushes* of people coming into the forums asking the same questions they can A.) Use the search to search for there answer, and B.) Older members can use the search and help others for past topics related to current issue.

I come from a forum that if you post at 2am, 2min later you will get 5 responses, and within a few hours your thread might or might not end up on the 5th page if it’s “worth” anything. The forums I’m talking about are the HardOCP forums. Some quick facts:

Registered Members: 32,204

144,807 threads in total | 1,695,731 posts in total

Large fing forum, and when the search feature is down, it REALLY SUCKS!!!! Like it sucks now at these forums .. .

So what’s the deal? Did someone break it? Admin a little anal?

What’s the reason the admin disabled it? wtf is the matter with the admin, and disabling the fing search feature? Did you go MAD!:confused: :confused:

Ugh… please let me know what’s up!

Thank you!

Forum searching is major processor and bandwidth overhead, and these forums are very iffy, one day they load in an instant, the next it takes me ten minutes if it loads at all.

So they probably have disabled search until they can allocate more resources, search would just lead to the forums loading even slower for a function that isn't required to have them operational.

Thanx for the fast reply. . .

But I still think thats rather... ghey!

I would of hoped that whoever runs this site, forums etc would have thought about the community and how heavy the forums would be hit, even when JK2 is an intense game on comps....

Its like they were not ready for the load of of people that were going to be on the board, so they disabled an important part of it. ugh :(

On a side note, who setup these forums? Take the outside table and extend it to 100% not 750 pixels. . .

So the tables would be like . . .

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" [b]width="100"[/b] bgcolor="#2b3e71">

That would make this SOOO much easier to read, and make the forums much clearer!! Right they the forums seem really... smushed together and like they are trying to save space or something.

Take it easy!

Originally posted by Hubris

Forum searching is major processor and bandwidth overhead, and these forums are very iffy, one day they load in an instant, the next it takes me ten minutes if it loads at all.

So they probably have disabled search until they can allocate more resources, search would just lead to the forums loading even slower for a function that isn't required to have them operational.

• 4 weeks later...
I would of hoped that whoever runs this site, forums etc would have thought about the community and how heavy the forums would be hit, even when JK2 is an intense game on comps....

Are you serious?

This site / forums is run by a group of guys who love LEC / Star Wars Games. And they are doing this for fun as a hobby.

And they have to pay everything theirself (3 servers !!! ) and maybe you didn´t notice, but nobody has to pay to use this service!

So there are only two options:

1. Use the this service as it is (without search) and be happy.

2. Discern that we haven´t thought about the community and how heavy the forums would be hit AND shut down everything.

Its like they were not ready for the load of of people that were going to be on the board, so they disabled an important part of it.

So what do you suggest? Randomly delete every second message or user?

I don´t want to be offensive, but when I read such a post it sounds like scorn to all the great people working voluntarily for this site AND for the community.

my 2 cents

Visac

Originally posted by [3dr]Sniper

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" [b]width="100"[/b] bgcolor="#2b3e71">

That would make this SOOO much easier to read, and make the forums much clearer!!

I'm not so sure. A 100 pixel table isn't the easiest thing to read. :p

Archived