Home

New Forum Suggestion

Joruus

Do you think the JK2.net Forums should have a forum set up to contain flame wars?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the JK2.net Forums should have a forum set up to contain flame wars?

• Yes, I think this idea is a good way to clean up the rest of the forums.
    • No, it just encourages negative behavior. I shall spank them all one by one.
    • You can set a forum on fire? Wow.

Blast Furnace, Trash Compactor, Nar Shadda Back Alley...whatever.

Just a forum specifically designed for people that are going to post contreversial topics, topics that will likely cause negative responses and or flaming.

The reasoning behind this is simple. It gets alot of the crap posts out of the main forum, thusly causing less work for the administrators of those areas. And it will attract your problem children like flies. Since theres a place where telling someone they suck is allowed, they'll go there to do it, versus in the middle of the main JK:O forums. Effectively cordoning them off from the rest of the community. And making posts that are in severe violation of the forum guidelines easier to track down.

Needless to say, as the main forum for JK:O you should offer a place where the patrons of the site can let off some steam at each other. This will lessen the amount of "WTF THIS, <enter random complaint here> SUCKS AND ANYONE THAT THINKS IT DOESN'T SUCKS TO!" in the Valley and the Swamp and other areas. And keep most of the inter clan squabbles (and they are going to happen) off your main message boards.

Just a suggestion. Flaming is going to occur, no matter how heavily moderated a forum is, so instead of attempting to supress it, you should give it its own area. That way people not interested in the situations that are being discussed in it can avoid them entirely...and the progenitors of argument and malcontent can all hang out together.

Just my 2 galactic credits.

I've seen it tried before; doesn't work as well as I figured it might have. The negative sentiment just spills over to the rest of the forums and after a point nobody really bothers to stick the flames where they belong, so things wind up worse off. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Is that that forum saw once that gonk and osmeone else where using as their own or osmething then the next time i tried it it jsut made a ncie little click noise but didn't go in, next day it was gone :)

I've seen this thing tried many times, and it has never worked. If you want to maintain the image of a respectable community, this would not be a wise course of action.

In fact, I believe the JKII.net forums tried something like this a long time ago, and it was closed down because it just couldn't work out.

The fact of the matter is that we're here to discuss JKII and some other stuff (see Swamp ;)), and not to rip each other apart.

Archived