Home

No, this isn't illegal

Jerol Seren

Does anyone know how to burn a copy of Jedi Knight II? This isn't for someone else, this is a legal backup. I live in a small place and it is suprisingly easy to lose things in a smaller place for me.:p So, I really like making backups up all my software. I tried with Jedi Knight, but it wouldn't read the cd!

if you want to make a physical copy, you should have no problems with any old copying proggies...i used easy cd creator 5 plat and it copied it fine. ive also made a copy with clone-cd. as far as i know, they didnt put any safety measures on the disk.

Who said burning is illegal?

Maybe where I come, I pirate all games off warez.

Maybe.

Or maybe I got my small Eurpoean box, as all of Canada has, with shiny blue.

But still....maybe burning stuff isnt illegal. Copyright laws? Lacking, maybe, where I come from......

ie: China.

So dont go dissin people. Not that anybody did.....

(rant).

Clone CD is a simple and small program that allows you to make a complete image of the CD, storing the file on your HDD. You can then burn it onto a blank CD.

It will only not work if the CD is protected with some anti-piracy protection features (Ie. some Safedisk 2 CD's won't burn properly)

It took me ages (and a couple of cds) to get a working back-up burnt on my CD-RW. Mine wouldn't go lower than 2x speed and the game wouldn't accept the backed-up disc.

I used BurnCD to make my writer go at 1x and it worked fine. Just took a looong time!! :)

Porl''

Originally posted by Simplex

Who said burning is illegal?

Maybe where I come, I pirate all games off warez.

Maybe.

Or maybe I got my small Eurpoean box, as all of Canada has, with shiny blue.

But still....maybe burning stuff isnt illegal. Copyright laws? Lacking, maybe, where I come from......

ie: China.

So dont go dissin people. Not that anybody did.....

(rant).

that doesn't make pirating stuff not illegal.

he simply didn't want to come up sounding like a warez monkey. considering people here don't really appreciate people who didn't buy the game and all.

Archived