Home

Any updates?

TheJackal

Hey,

I'm very interrested in this MOD and I'm whilling to lend in a hand if needed.

I'm mostly curious to what is the current progress of the mod?

Also, I noticed a lot of people are debating if Jedis should or should NOT be allowed. Here's what I think.

Maybe you could put in jedis. But if you do, make a Jedi class limite. Sorta like Team Fortress for Half Life. There would be different classes per teams and each have a limit. Like 2 or 1 per team.

OR

you could make it random each round. Like in Counter-Strike, the bomber was random. Maybe you make 1 jedi per team which is randomized, so it would be more fair and nobody would hog the Jedi position and everybody complaining.

IF you do put a Jedi. Then limit his powers of course. For the dark jedis you could equip them with Grip (level 3) and lightning (level 1) As for the Light Jedis: Mind Trick (level 2) and heal (level 2). of course the basic: push, pull, jump would be in there. probebly all level 3.

This just just my opinion.

Classes would be cool and it would mix to types of populor games such as TeamFortress and CounterStrike. By that I mean objectives would be like CounterStrike and classes would be like TeamFortress.

What do you guys think? And any updates? :D

Hey Jackal, thanks for your interest and suggestions.

Right now the team is brought back to 1, me...

The rest of the team didn't feel like working on a mod without Jedi so here I am, still working on the mod, thinking about ideas, classes and so on.

Jedi might be in there, but only limited (not every level), yet then again, they might not be in there, if I can get a team that would like to work on a mod without the Jedi.

We'll see what happens, I have all the time in the world.

So, no new updates (redundant, I know) but hang in there, who knows what will happen.

Oh, what kind of help are you offering?

Well... the only thing I can do right now that is related to editing would be texturizing (re-skinning). I'm not to advanced in map nor skin creations.

I could look for some people who've done great of both above for you.

Hopefully I'll be more usefull in the summer. I'm taking classes that for 3dstudio max and other computer graphics related stuff at a high end school.

One man, huh ...

hmmm ...

I have never modelled before, never made a map, don't know scripting languages, never skinned ... no experience on whatever.

So ... if you need help in any other way ... (uhm ... what's left?). I can do some nice things with Paint Shop Pro and html editors ... not much more ... I can play games ... (Finished the ladder SP for JO ... bored again).

I'm just very interested because I've spent some time playing TFC and DoD ... and RS sound just like it, but Star Wars :D.

For now ... I think that I can only help with my ideas. And maybe playtesting someday.

I would really like to help on this project but have no experience on modding, mapping, skinning,coding or anything that could be useful in this project. The only thing I can do (and I'm trying) is think up ideas that can either be used in Rebel Strike or Strike Force. Talking about Strike Force, when will a website/forum be created? By the sound of it, both projects will be similar (but one will have Jedi) Is this true, or is it more complex? Any ideas that I use can be used for both Strike Force or Rebel Strike if you think they are any good. Here are some ideas:

Rebels reclaiming Bespin from Imperial control (ie after The Empire Strikes back)

Rebel Boarding party entering a crippled star destroyer, trying to capture the bridge (Teams Can be reversed)

The seige of Coruscant (After ROTJ)

A bounty Hunter and storm troopers/Nogri Death Squad trying to capture a key rebel leader. Can only use stun baton on that leader.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Let me know what you think. If I get anymore ideas I'll post them on the forum and you can pick and choose what you like. CHIVs :atat:

Ps: Am I the only one who thinks Obi Wan Kenobi is an a*se? He said storm troopers were accurate!!!

Archived