Home

Absorb and Pull/Push???

Guest Sabre9

Guest Sabre9

I was playing some CTF tonight, and a couple times AFTER I had hit Absorb, some people were able to push/pull me a little (never off my feet, but I saw my body move/shake).

I thought Absorb stopped push/pull? Or does it only stop damaging force powers???

The Absorb power does prevent you from being pushed/pulled and it does absorb the force power used to push/pull you but ...

I have noticed that the powers that influence your physical movement, i.e. push, pull, grip will "jerk" your character for just an instance when performed against you. Lightning or Drain does not hinder your physical reactions even without Absorb and is therefore no different with Absorb turned on.

The biggest problem with the push/pull issue is that it has happened to me on a few occasions that I switched on Absorb just before performing a big jump (like on the Bespin Mineshaft when jumping on to the long bridge from one of the side niches) and when in midair somebody performed a push/pull on me and because my jump was timed perfectly (hey, everybody gets lucky once in a while :D), the slight "jerk" made me fall short of my target and resulted in a brief, interesting but certainly fatal experiment with the Doppler effect :D

Archived