Home

Conceptual Art for a model in progress

Absath

Ive whipped up a quick design for the first model i plan to make for JK2 (or rather, attempt to make) ;)

i only spent about 20min on this first draft, so please excuse the roughness of the art.

This is Sonork Grid, a bounty hunter specially trained to hunt and battle Jedi. He is not force sensitive, but carries a lightsaber and has had extensive fencing training. he also collects lightsabers from jedi he's murdered. more background will come as i think of it ;)

The design itself needs tweaking, mostly the armor needs to be neatened up a tad, with some more detail added. the model is going to be fairly simple, with most of the detail added through some creative skinning.

so heres the first draft of my character design. any ideas, comments (or offers to model this for me since i suck at it) are welcome ;) jk

http://photos.netclubs.com/live/photos/photocenter/o/j/k/0/k0hd3qn56k74h2hnjv43jecb9g/SonorkGrid.jpg

It looks like Boba Fett's nephew's cousin's bother lol Very cool looking. With some interesting skinning I'm sure it will end up looking very good without looking overly derivitive. The armor design is very star wars so it's already off to a good start.

One thing I would do though is give him feet. It's probably very hard to run around on stumps in a DM game..(look son, I made a funny!)

Oh man, I love drawings! And yours is awsome! I love black and white drawings.... Very good, I hope this model picks up and becomes great. Also, ever think of having some saber handles hanging off him some where? Since you said he collected the sabers of jedis. :jawa

i know he does slightly resemble a Fett right now, but thats where tweaking the armor comes in. Now that ive got the base done, i can start modifying little things. One thing im planning on is a dual layered cape. the one that hes wearing right now, that reaches mid-back, the shawl-type-thing, and also one under it, a more full length cloak.

yes i am considering a few lightsabers maybe strapped to his sides. also i think when his armor is colored he'll look better too. im planning on a dark gray/charcoal jumpsuit and crimson and gold armor plates. his armor will be slightly battered, but will retain some of its original shine.

i may stay away from decals on the armor, aside from perhaps one significant one (assuming i design one i like)

and of course he'll have feet ;)

im thinking that ill layer his armor a bit more, kind of like the shoulder armor is done.

well ill keep you all posted on whats happening with it. gotta get it designed before i can model it (tho the helmet is already modeled heh) keep the suggestions coming.

-Abs

He must be one tough bloke if he can beat a Jedi at his own game:D Either that or he's extremely lucky. Maybe he hasn't come across anything higher than a Padawan learner. In any event, your pic and idea is rockin. Can't wait to see this guy when he's ready for downloading.

P.S: I'll take great pleasure in teaching him the ways of the force should I spot him in a game:p

well now darth slayne, you're assuming that he fought jedi in a fair fight. he is a bounty hunter and jedi assassin after all. im sure he set up the confrontation with an element of surprise and on ground more favorable to him, to even the odds. ;)

ill be posting revisions soon.

Archived