Home

Star Wars Versus Star Trek

Assault3000

Star Wars versus Star Trek  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Star Wars versus Star Trek

• Star Wars and Jedi Knight II / Academy
    • Star Trek and Elite Force / 2
    • What is Star Wars and what is Star Trek?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since the post only really is for the game, since there is no choice in just Star Wars or Star Trek, I say Star Wars JK2. If it was a choice between just say .... the universe and story etc, it would be alot harder for me to choose. I like both but I would have to say that I like Star Trek very much, I love what they have done with the new Enterprise series, very good series nice new ideas. It has not gotten boring or repetitive.

The games are just there to keep the mods from moving the thread even though now that Ive said this they probally will anyway. But do you like Star Wars or Star Trek better? I myself cannot STAND Star Trek. To me it is the same thing each episode and is 90% talking.

i like star wars more than star trek, star trek is not THAT bad. but to me, star wars is kinda more appealing. star wars is less complicated, the things in star wars are just there, no explanation needed, the focus lies on the epic stroy/the plot. for example the races. in star trek, the relation between the races/racial conflicts are (occasionally) a big topic, while in star wars nobody wonders that aliens are all about.

also star wars has more of a fairytale than star trek. the old good vs evil, dragons (AT-AT), knights, princesses, evil wizards (vader/sidious), good wizards (yoda/obi wan) and so on, this makes the star wars universe appear so fimiliar

... Don't mock me. I will destory you.

I will sick my Jedi's and Starfleet ships on you.

Go Obi Wan, go Yoda, Go Luke, Go Kyle, Go Me.

Go Picard, Go Kirk, Go Worf, Go Janeway, Go Cisco, Go Archer.

You will now die.

The reason things are complicated are this.

Captain walks up to a console.

"Activate the Nuclear Field Decontaminator"

Next Episode Captain walks up to same console to do the same thing.

"Activate the Nuclear Field Ionization"

They rename the stuff every episode because they cant remember what it was the last time they had it. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Assault3000

The reason things are complicated are this.

Captain walks up to a console.

"Activate the Nuclear Field Decontaminator"

Next Episode Captain walks up to same console to do the same thing.

"Activate the Nuclear Field Ionization"

They rename the stuff every episode because they cant remember what it was the last time they had it. :rolleyes:

Well actualy the Captain would never walk up to the console and do this, since he has his ensigns do this for him. You have to understand the controls in a Star Trek universe, they have "everything" worked out on paper before they do anything. Almost everything in a Star Trek movie/series is cataloged and documented. One of the reasons why some people like it more, some like it have an explaination to everything and for not be "well its just that way". Not trying to be a smart a@@ or anything just pointing something out that kind of goes hand in hand to the Star Trek universe. Like I said thats why some people like ST more than SW, they are extremely different from each other. You can say the same thing for people liking SW more than ST since they dont want all that stuff to be documented, they want it to be more simplified.

Guest Forceflow

if this is about the universes, I really can't choose. I really do enjoy both of them. If it's a JK vs EF, that one is easy. JK all the way. Elite Force was pretty bad. Non-existent story, lame (and way too short) levels, bad character graphics, and the gameplay was kinda sad, too.

Really didn't like it.

Hmmm thats a tough one, Star Wars or Star-Trek

I'd have to go with Starwars all the way, Star-Trek doesn't have any atmosphere at all,, they float around in thier ships solving problems with planets and other ships and thier ship.. no real war going on.. or a shown scope of the war.

what I'd like to see is a StarTrek Movie/Series based entirly around the borg every episode is like a "Fight off the Borg" and the Borg justs keeps winning and winning until starfleet is gone and StarTrek is no more.

hehe

about mixing Starwars and Startrek thats just insane but funny

Jedi vs Borg? I wonder if Borg Armor would adapt to lightsabers?

still wouldn't save them from the Force though.. but kinda wierd concept

ARGH! Someone had to go and ask, didn't they? I can't choose between the two, so I'm not gonna even try to vote.

Star Trek started off so well, and even though they've had difficulties adapting it to the present day, we still get great stuff like the Borg in TNG, Dominion War in DS9...does anyone else think Voyager should only have been a mini-series?

On the other hand, Star Wars is just plain epic. Leonard 'Spock' Nimoy once mentioned this couple who went to see the first movie. They waited in the line outside the theater. They bought their tickets and popcorn, sat down and watched the movie. When it was over, they didn't say a word; they just went and joined the new line forming outside.

The games? Well...ST has had a worse time of it than SW (but I like Birth of the Federation and Force Commander despite their shortcomings, so nyah). Anyway, I still take my Bird of Prey or X-Wing out for a spin every now and then.

Originally posted by PolarWind

I'm just gonna have to go with Star Trek. I love Star Wars, but I grew up around Star Trek TNG and DS9.

You grew up with these? How young are you? These are only newish! (early 90's - late 90's)

The only "decent" star trek was the newest one simply called Enterprise which started off good - but unfortunatly it turne to the same old formula of the earlier series after a few episodes and lost any credibility it once had. at least now they shoot on location and not in sets for outdoors areas. But still... its just as bad as the rest of them now. Only remianing good things would be the opening music is not too bad (it is a song which uses guitar in it and a actual vocalist) and the ship interiors are more then a blue and yellow striped plastic board.

Anyway... The differance between SW and ST...

Startrek : Someone has charged up their ships (laugh) phasers and torpedo things at the good guys ship. The captain and crew of the Enterprise spend the entire eopisode discussing the philosophy of shooting in defense and end up negotiating a peace over a cup of some blue tea.

Starwars : Empire's ship, Executioner has aimed its laser cannons at the Alliances ships. Immeadiatly the Alliance ships fire back and both sides launch their snub fighters - and actually shoot!

Oh and the ships in SW are much better in apearance. Lets see...

SW: X-Wings, TIE-Fighters, Y-Wings, N-1s, TIE-Intercepters, TIE-Bombers, A-Wings, B-Wings and so on.

ST: their equivilant are like mini-busses without wheels.

SW: has actual control pannels and forms of joysticks to fly their ships

ST: has a colourful (and perfectly flat) touch screen where that one blue line seems to control everything about the ship - including direction.

SW: Their aliens often are completly differant to humans except being bi-peds which a fair few times they are not even that.

ST: every alien is human with some tattoo design on their face, body, or having silicon putty stuck to their forehead or ears.

ST has absolutly shocking "uniforms" which Siegfreid and Roy would wear before a military organisation would.

SW has REAL uniforms which suit a military organisation.

SW small arms (ie: hand weapons) look like weapons.

ST weapons look like dustbusters but not as cool.

SW shoot at the enemy when shot on and kill them.

ST only set to stun, even if the person you shot at just killed your entire family in front of your eyes then raped their corpses.

SW JEDI and SITH

ST nothing even like them

SW John Williams score

ST some unknowen fack who is unknowen for a very good reason - his music sucks ass!

SW comedy in this is funny! eg: C3PO saying how he only mentioned it was freezing in Lieas room (on the ice world hoth) and now her clothes are soaked (R2 obviously turning on heat into the ICEY room).

ST the comedy in this is so bad or non existant i doubt ANYONE can remember even one joke!

Anyway I will post this now instead of going on for ages.

Bwhahahahahaha

Great stuff Obijon, very good indeed.

I like both, and i also liked Babylon 5 in the beginning when they were shooting stuff. But if i had to choose, i'd pick Star Wars all the way. You get to do more with less consequences. Sure i like to know how everything works, and i like big ships too. At least in Star Wars, it all gets blown up in the end so if i missed something its irrelevant.

In short, Star Wars is better.

Obijonkenobi:

Firstly, The only 'decent' one is Enterprise? The Next Generation was voted the best ST series. All the interiors of the spaceships are: Grey, White, Black metals.

Startrek : Someone has charged up their ships (laugh) phasers and torpedo things at the good guys ship

Torpedo things? You have not even seen enough episodes to know about the Photon Torpedo Launchers and you are judging ST?

1) The enterprise is only in 3 of the 5 series. It is not all about people attacking the enterprise, they discover things, help others, and they do get into very large and exciting battles, take ANY borg battle, the dominion war, the Klingon wars, etc.

Everything is not about space combat. So what fi they don't always shoot.

SW: X-Wings, TIE-Fighters, Y-Wings, N-1s, TIE-Intercepters, TIE-Bombers, A-Wings, B-Wings and so on.

Ok, those the the SW ships, then you said the ST ships were

ST: their equivilant are like mini-busses without wheels

1) The shuttles are really cool, like the wasp attack shuttles, the Delta Flier. There are well over 100 different types of ships that have been in startrek episodes. Each ship is unique. Although many have a saucer section, why make brand new designs if the existing work amazingly?

ST: Have you ever even see a panel? God, there are many many buttons on those, which you often see the crew touch, and they do different combonations for different tasks.

ST: every alien is human with some tattoo design on their face, body, or having silicon putty stuck to their forehead or ears.

Are you dumb? The only similar races in ST are the vulcans and the romulans only because they are related.

There are many many many different types of species we see in Star Trek.

ST has absolutly shocking "uniforms" which Siegfreid and Roy would wear before a military organisation would

Ok? So they are tight fitting uniforms, which are good for areo dynamics, they don't snag on dobjects. They may not look cool, but they are smart.

SW small arms (ie: hand weapons) look like weapons.

ST weapons look like dustbusters but not as cool.

SW shoot at the enemy when shot on and kill them.

ST only set to stun, even if the person you shot at just killed your entire family in front of your eyes then raped their corpses.

The star trek weapons look like weapons. This is 200+ years in the future remember...

ST do shoot back at people, and the federation does stun, but they also kill and so do others.

SW JEDI and SITH

ST nothing even like them

Ok, they don't, but they have ShapeShifters, Cyborgs, Many different alien races, time travelers.

Judging by your moronic comments towards startrek, I doubt you have even watched more then one episode. Your comments are simple minded and you did not make any real points, just stupid comments that make you sound stupid and like you have no idea what you are talking about, which you obviously don't.

Star Trek is a show where the people actually think! Now I LOVE star wars too, but Star Trek seems more real. Now I know many people like the fantasy of star wars, but when you argue like you just did, you just further what I said, Star Trek is just like star wars, but instead of doing things in a cool stupid way, they do it in the real way, it's not just having huge space battles, but it's solving problems, helping entire civilations, having conflicts. It's a great shot if you actually sit down and watch it. I've watched every ST series and all SW movies, I enjoy both, but when you make sush stupid comments like you just did, I have to wonder how old you are and if you have actually sat down and even watched an episode of Star Trek.

When you can actually back up your comments, or give me something other then "the photon thingys" I'll listen to what you have to say.

To be honest Azraelt, Obi is mostly right. Im not saying this because I cant stand Star Trek Im saying this because he is right, most of his comments anyways some were a little off. But you should calm down a bit. He probally just cant stand Star Trek like I cant.

I like both. I really don't see how you can draw comparisons between the two and still sound credible ;) They are so different, after all. But hey, I'll try.

Star Wars is a fairy-tale environment, the focus being the struggle of Good vs. Evil.

Star Trek is a view of our world, our society, in the future...and how we deal with the other beings we find.

SW: Space combat consists of large vessels and small fighters. The action can be chaotic amongst the fighters, and the bigger vessels never seem to do as much as they could.

ST: Space combat is designed to resemble naval warfare. Instead of sleek, fast fighters, the ships constantly maneuver to gain a tactical position on each other...the idea being to keep the strongest shields and most "ready" weapons facing the enemy. (Pick up a copy of Star Trek: Bridge Commander to see exactly how it's done)

SW: There's a lot of shoot first, ask questions later. However, this is again due to the Good vs. Evil thing...there's rarely any question as to who is who.

ST: Resembles real life more in that political stance plays a huge role in your actions.

Both have good and bad points, but in the end, both have provided years of entertainment for millions of people...probably the most important thing they do have in common.

Archived