Home

Ramblings from a Lunatic

bored

Maybe it is the air bubble that is trapped in my brain or a I really INTERESTED in your MOD. I hope that you really get this to work.

*cough* now time for my ramblings :D

As a fan of team based shooters and Star Wars. Let go off on what I DEMAND.....no wait.......plead for.

Since it is going to be set in the OT and no jedi. U got your two sides Imperial and Rebel. Lets see what we want on both sides.

I recommend the approach that alot of new teambased games use. Have different classes. Let me explain what I think would be very sweet to have.

First,

Imperials should have more armor and heavier weapons

Rebels should be more able to inflitrate and sneak around.

Imperials are slower than Rebels and Imperial weapons are a abit less accurate than Rebel weapons.

Imperial weapons however have a higher cycle rate and use ammo at a higher pace.

In a stand up fight to fight, Rebels should have a disadvantage but in a running fire fight Rebels will have the advantage.

Standard Classes (or classes that are open to both Rebel and Imperial)

1. Engineer or Tech (what are some of the things that they can do u ask)

-They can unlock or decode any door or lock (give enough time)

-Repair Damage (say to damage equipment, not teammates)

-Can arm and disarm traps and mines

-They can use any vechial

2. Medics (duh)

-Can heal ( would suggest medic have a function similiar of that of Return to Wolfenstein )

-Temporary Increase ones ability (like a buff or something)

-sure u can think of something else to add

3. Communication Expert (different type of class, mainly for teambased combat, more tactical)

-Can set way points or targets for people on your team

-Can intercept enemy communications

-Can locate enemys (good way of removing camping)

Rebel Forces

1. Trooper ( your standard trooper )

-basic weapons

-standard armor

-medium speed

2. Spy ( inflitration expert )

-close combat weapons

-light armor

-high speed

3. Scout ( recon )

-long distance weapons

-light armor

-light speed

4. Guard ( defense )

-close and long distance weapons

-heavy armor

-medium speed

5. Elite ( offense )

-all weapons

-heavy armor

-medium speed

Imperial Forces

1. StormTrooper ( your standard trooper )

-basic weapons

-heavy armor

-medium speed

2. Officer ( commander )

-close combat weapons

-light armor

-high speed

3. Gunnerys ( heavy weapons )

-heavy weapons

-medium armor

-slow speed

4. Enforcers ( defense )

-all weapons

-heavy armor

-slow speed

5. Shock Troops ( offense )

-all weapons

-heavy armor

-slow speed

This is just a example of some classes that u could use. Set a limit on how many on a team can be in a certain class if u want.

Also here are some types of maps that really would be terrific to play.

Map : Episode One: Princess Leisa's ship when the Star Destroyer captures it. Have the Imperials storm the ship and try to sieze like the engines or bridge before the Rebels can break the docking claps and escape.

Map : Hoth ( of cource you know about this one)

Map : Rebels and Imperials battle it out on the moon of Endor

Map : Rebels and Imperials battle it out on the cloud city.

Map : Rebels board a Imperial ship that has documents they have to capture about the deathstar.

Well here is some ramblings of a lunatic

Nice ideas lunatic. I was never much of a fan of TFC (It kept freezing when I played it, and when it started moving again I was dead), but these classes sound quite decent. This mod is gonna kick ass!

CHIVs:atat:

Good idea. But I would say lets try to not be another TFC/CS clone like what Quake 3 players tried to do. But with the class ideas, it sounds like a great idea. BTW i don't have a server up to host those pics, but maybe this weakend i can try to rush out and make a sample of a of map that could work out with lunatics ideas and my one friend can help me. Just wanting to know how many people do u guys actually have and if u guys started on the this mod.

I have a suggestion for the engineer class...in A New Hope the stormtroopers storm the corvette by cutting a hole in the door. Maybe the doors should be scripted so that imperial engineers blow a permanent hole in it (but take longer) than rebel engineers, who just cross wires or soemthing (change the door control to a popped open panel like Return of the Jedi at the imperial base on Endor).

I know Roger is probably already overwhelmed by ideas, and undermanned at this point. But i think these are some little touches that might make it cool.

I'd help ya if i knew how,

--Charlie

Archived