Home

Mac version?

earthtoandy

Get a normal computer to start. And I will answer yer question. My freind is a real macky, and he is always lookin at this Aspyr site for his mac game updates. If it does come out ull need a good mac to play it. But neways, just put Aspyr in the search engine and see what happens.

No offense.

No endorsement of monopolies...

But why do people continue to use MAC?

Most games have never, and will never be released for MAC. Yet people still use it... I hate Microsoft for dominating the OS market, but its real.

Go out and buy Windows.

Who cares if you're giving into Gates?

You'll be able to play your games.

-Stan

===========================

Originally posted by Stan_Tencza

No offense.

No endorsement of monopolies...

But why do people continue to use MAC?

Most games have never, and will never be released for MAC. Yet people still use it... I hate Microsoft for dominating the OS market, but its real.

Go out and buy Windows.

Who cares if you're giving into Gates?

You'll be able to play your games.

-Stan

===========================

Is it so difficult to answer a simple question without belittling someone? They were just wondering about availability on the Mac.

There are many reasons to use a Mac, not the least of which is the general superiority in just about every way (except release time of games).

To answer the question, definitely check http://www.aspyr.com, as they will be the ones. They did Elite Force, are on the cusp of releasing Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and are workign on Galactic Battlegrounds and Medal of Honor Allied Assault. JKII seems like a logical progression.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

There are many reasons to use a Mac, not the least of which is the general superiority in just about every way (except release time of games).

I saw some Beta cassettes at Radio Shack yesterday.

hmmm... "get a real computer" so you can play games...? I sometimes forget that it's mostly 13 year olds in here (or people with the mentality of a 13 year old).

The one user said it best... the Mac is superior in every aspect of computing, except release time of games. Period. Fact.

But if that's all you want a computer for, get an Xbox and save a couple hundred bucks!

Originally posted by txa1265

There are many reasons to use a Mac, not the least of which is the general superiority in just about every way.

Mike

WOW! Where did you pull that comment from?

Please elaborate because I'm laughing too hard!

Mostly thirteen-year-olds? Hmm. I'm 19. I'm also proud to be able to use good grammar and sentence structure, as well as spell correctly. ;) You know something that really scares me, though? The fact that thirteen-year-olds are actually <i>playing</i> violent games where you clean people in half and shoot them in the head. ;) Quite frightening, if you ask me. ANYWAY, to address the Mac debate:

I won't ever endorse Mac for computer games...but if I'm not mistaken, the GeForce 3 was released first on the Mac. At least, that's what I remember seeing in the first rendered shots of Doom 3 (or whatever that was). I saw it in a video from telefragged, if memory serves.

Let's just stop this.

The person asked about a Mac version of a game we all like. He/she apparantly uses a Mac, and has an interest in enjoying a game on it. I have no problem with that. Some people gave relevent information.

Personally, I fail to get the OS bashing ... it is very immature, and the fodder of stuff written in columns bashing us 'geeks'. I am pretty much platform agnostic, having on my desk now my Dell laptop (with JK2), a Powerbook, and a Unix box ... they all have uses. I have a hard time with the idea that any PC laptop (even Sony) is as elegantly designed as the Powerbook (again I love the Dell, it screams, it's just a brick!) or that Windows 2000/XP is as stable or load tolerant as Mac OS X or Unix.

Mike

One thing that often gets lost in Mac vs PC arguments are:

A: PC stands for personal computer, and the Mac is one of these. There is a reason why games used to be labeled IBM PC-compatible.

B:Are you arguing about the OS or the hardware? Mac is both an OS and a platform.

Once these are forgotten (usually within the first couple argumentative posts) all is lost. =)

Archived