Home

Ugh! No Jedi!

Zek

I'm surprised this is still being discussed. Having Jedi in this mod, however limited, is ridiculous for three main reasons:

1.) As has been said before, it's placed in the original trilogy, and having Jedi(regardless of the limitations) will ruin this. There were no big battes in the movies with a Jedi on each side fighting with the troops, for the pretty simple reason that there were only a couple of them on each side(Luke and Vader being the only really combat-capable ones, and they weren't in enough real battles to use them in the game).

2.) If I wanted to play as or against a Jedi, I wouldn't need a mod; the whole original game was built around that. Having Jedi in Rebel Strike will destroy the concept of the mod in the first place, and I most likely wouldn't play it for long. I don't want a tactical combat mod to be ruined by a player on each team that can totally destroy an entire group of players singlehandedly.

3.) If Jedi Master mode is any indication, Jedi are insanely powerful against players with no force or saber. You can easily hold your own against 3-4 players all targetting you, and this is when you have no teammates and everyone else is probably using the explosive weapons. Getting my ass handed to me constantly until it's my turn to be Jedi(or however else the system would work) is not my idea of a fun time.

That's the nature of the Jedi in the OT. Luke killed TONS of bounty hunters and stormtroopers in Return of the Jedi. Vader singlehandedly trumped Han on Bespin. The mod is without Jedi, but you can't ignore the fact that their were Jedi in certain battles, and they were powerful. That is what made them so cool.

I look forward to playing this mod with or without jedi.

--Charlie--

Zek,, bullseye. Thank you... =).

As stated,, and as some people thankfully understands, this mod isn't about "When Han met Vader". It's about the huge battles in the films. And there were no lightsaber waving frenzy Jedi slashing and dashing like Freddy Kruger. It's gonna be like the films.

/best regards. Jim

I think there should be jedi in the mod but I think there should be limitations on them.

Firstly make the jedi a optional extra, that way both those that want them and those that don't will be happy. there could be two battle modes with jedi and without. (Mabey limit it to one jedi per team???)

Allow only some force powers foe example, jump and push and pull force powers as well as light saber powers but no others.

I just think once it would add more options for game play if there were jedi.

Don't understand why everbody is getting so uptight and defensive about this:band: . I think that it's a good idea, i also think that a map or scenario with A jedi would be fun. Whatever happens I'm still gonna play it. Any ideas whether vehicles are gonna be included? Not to start another jedi/no jedi type debate (vehicles/no vehicles). mwahahah

peace,

--Charlie

Look, I feel like I'm preaching before an atheistic crowd here. Since no one listens anymore to our decision, then perhaps you can keep talking about the jedi inclusion... I've stated that the only way that Jedi is included in the mod is PERHAPS into the VIP missions. Nothing is decided yet though. I can only say that there wont be any kind of Jedi as a playable character in this mod. I will explain why one more time, and hopefully this will be the last time, which I think it will not be ;).

This modification will make you experience the great battles of the films, maybe not in perfect detail due to legal issues. It will also picture smaller battles between rebels and imperials where a little base, vessel etc will be the scenario. But even though that probably most missions wont be taken directly out of the films, they will still be like in the films. This also means that there it wont be "proper" to add jedi to the scenarios, since not the empire had anymore jedi (insert sith if you wish) except Darth Vader and The Emperor,,, and Mara Jade. Though she was more like a force adept dependent on Palpatine.

The Rebel Alliance didn't have anymore Jedi than Obi-Wan, who died in ANH. And Luke Skywalker that we wont include since no key characters will be included as playable characters...

I hope you understand this. This will be a great mod even without jedi. I think that everyone is a little hot on the Jedi lately since Jedi Outcast is just released and all. Therefor some of you want to see them in every mod. But remember, Jedi ain't all about Star Wars.

"Why Couldn't just Vader done the job right and waste all of them and this discussion would not be existing". ;)

/Sincerely. Jim

Well, what everyone has to know is that it's the Team Arena engine, which by all means is good for outdoor environments, but it's not the Delta Force engine, and it can't handle too much polygons.. So we'll see about that.. The most important aspect is to have a mod that is fun to play without it lagging apart. So we'll have to find the balance that fits the engine :)

/Best regards. Jim- Modleader at Rebel Strike crew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I totally agree there should be no jedi, and none of that daft explosive secondary functions, they wernt in major battles in the original trilogy and would ruin the atmosphere of the game, I for one would would ratehr sneak around blasting ppl adn the likes rather than stand tehre with a saber and just deflect all tehre shots back at them, jedi's have too much power for the type of mod being made here. I really cant wait for this mod to be released

There should be jedis, but only one, and only in one or two levels, and the jedi would be on you'r team, you wouldn't play as him.(The jedi would be Luke of course, no other jedi where known at this time)

Archived