Well It used to work!!!!! what happened

*Fl3A*

My System First

Athlon 600

amd 751 mb

512 ram

geforce 3

sblive

Well i just bought this game and guess what it doesn,t work.

It crashes all the time with all the gamma settings all messed up on the desktop. But heres the thing IT USED TO WORK!!!!

About a week ago I bought some Ram upping my system from 384 to 512. After fitting the ram I formatted drive reinstalled Winme and then my problems started. Thing is I've completed this game with no probs before upping the ram and formatting the drive so What gives.

My system is exactly the same software wise as before (I tried Xp same prob)

I have encounter many error messages with the usuall invalid blah blah jksp.exe blah but 1 time i did encounter a Blue screen pertaining a Dsound error this leads me to believe the soundcard or Driver is at fault (I too have an sblive running liveware 3.0)

I don't believe its a fault with my nvidia drivers as they are the same as before

I have tried many a different approach to solving this problem thru the jkoutcast.cfg file,tried installing from harddrive tried enabling eax sound, all to no availl This game is starting to get right on my nerves but I do have to remember this IS NOT a lucas arts game but a Raven game and we all no how buggy there software can be (Sof anyone like 8 patches I think!)

My advice to people with problems TAKE your game back

and stay clear of Raven software in future there's just too many people with the same problem for this to hardware.

Does it happen with both SP and MP?

I've got the load problem with MP, but not with SP, and both used to work fine up until 3 days ago...

Abit KT7A-Raid

V5 5500

IBM 60 GXP

SBLive (original)

256mb ram

Athlon 1400

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, I'd very much appreciate it..

I've checked the forum for any possible answer, and so far the closest I've come is the fix for dual cpu's... (I've got wicked, don't have sload load times etc...)

.02$

I had this problem, sort of. My SP game worked long enough to let me play through it once, then kept crashing with a 'Could not load OpenGL Subsystem' error. That's funny because the MP part worked just fine. I fixed it by deleting the jkconfig.cfg file (the SP one), reran the game and let it build me a new one. Worked like a charm. I don't know if this will help with your situations, but it doesn't hurt.

Originally posted by Mertado

I fixed it by deleting the jkconfig.cfg file (the SP one), reran the game and let it build me a new one. Worked like a charm. I don't know if this will help with your situations, but it doesn't hurt.

THANK YOU!

It worked like a charm after I deleted the .cfg...

It must be that something in the game can corrupt the .cfg at certain instances, though for the life of me I can't think of what... (I didn't change any of the settings or anything on my 'puter...)

oh, well.... It works again :)

Thank You!

Originally posted by teleguy

Does this only affect jk2 or is the whole system unstable?

For me it gave me a black screen... I could access menues in windows (heard it), but whatever I did, it didn't work... Had to do a hard reboot each time... (with corrupted files every other reboot :()

Strange... It works when I'm not connected to the net, but as soon as I log on, it stops working...

Does anyone else here use DSL with an enternet solution? Or could ZoneAlarm be the problem?

And no, it's not a pirated version.... (Not that it would make much diff as the game hangs before it'd had a chance to check...)

Originally posted by twit21

Try turning off ZoneAlarm. I don't know why that program would cause problems with running JO, but it would certainly keep you from connecting to a MP server in any case...

Hehe... Seems like we thought about it at the same time... I just did that, played for over an hour, and no corrupted .cfg file this time... :)

Archived